Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

If you thought you had bad run-ins w/ police

Old 11-04-2008, 11:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If you thought you had bad run-ins w/ police

If you guys ever feel like the police is unfair to you, imagine how this guy must feel.

A motorist who refused to discuss his personal business with a St. George, Missouri police officer was threatened with arrest last Friday. Brett Darrow, 20, no stranger to unconventional encounters with police, caught a St. George Police Sergeant James Kuehnlein stating that he had the power to invent charges that would put Darrow behind bars. Update: Sergeant Kuehnlein was placed on unpaid leave Monday pending an investigation.

"Try and talk back... to me again," yelled Sergeant Kuehnlein. "I bet I could say you resisted arrest or something. You want to come up with something? I come up with nine things."

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/19/1961.asp

In fact he has been assaulted by a drunk off duty officer too. Thats why he has cameras in his car.

He has also been in another incident with a roadblock
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/15/1522.asp

and been threatened on police forums
"I hope this little POS punk bastard tries his little video stunt with me when I pull him over alone- and I WILL pull him over - because I will see "his gun" and place a hunk of hot lead right where it belongs."

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/19/1967.asp

They also come up with ways to make him miserable by pulling him over and ticketing him so that he loses money. Their cheif of police was suspected for sexual assault if i read correctly.

It amazes me that something like that could possibly happen. hope its not a repost
Old 11-05-2008, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow. ****ed up beyond belief.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:18 AM

I am not surprised at all cops these days think they are god or something.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:27 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Repost...
Old 11-05-2008, 05:33 AM

Cops are human, it appears that these particular group of cops are more human than usual.

it starts w/ recruitment, if you let idiots in, you'll make them idiots with power. never a good thing.

I've been on the good and bad end of policing. I've had cops give me a ticket for doing 80km over speed limit (49miles), only to tell me in the end to go fight it because he won't bother to show up.

I've had other cops nail me for a no insurance/ownership papers when I was about 2 blocks away from my house - when the truth is I honestly just left it out of the glove b/c I needed the owner's manual that morning (papers go w/ owner's booklet). I'm not saying I didn't break the law -- but they could have just given me a "fix-it ticket" by allowing me to show proof of both papers w/i 24 hours.

Quite honestly, I've seen some really horrible LEOs in Toronto, but then what do you expect? They deal with asshats all day long.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:00 AM

Welcome to last year.

9/10/2007 at the top of the article, and a repost from Sep 21 2007.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry11493240
Old 11-05-2008, 06:02 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

I have had similar thing happen to me twice in my life. Once I was given a ticket for going through a stop sign by a police officer who saw me coming out of a High School football game. He wanted to search my car for booze, but I did not drink so I did not have any. I asked why he was searching my car and I was told to shut the f up. I said "I do have rights" and he said "I am gonna give you a ticket for running a stop sign (at an intersection I had not even gone through) and who is going to believe you. I was given a ticket and called a liar by the judge in court.

The second time the case was dropped.

I want a video system just like that. Seriously. If anyone knows how to hook that kind of thing up and what kind of gear I need I would buy it right now.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:25 AM

lol yeah i saw it was from last year but i never saw it here last year.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:32 AM

repost or not this gets me really angry
Old 11-05-2008, 11:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Idiot cops with power is pathetic. You hit them on their bad day, that's even worse.

Quick Reply: If you thought you had bad run-ins w/ police