Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I wanted a new car, but couldn't get away

Old 01-06-2011, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Christople,Jan 6 2011, 03:35 PM
The thing I really like about this forum is shown in this thread.

You got people who are real car enthusiasts that are describing their experience, have real track time, own a wide variety of newer cars to comment on such cars in comparisons or past ownership experience, as well as come back to a 32k brand new japanese roadster enthusiast website to post.

You might occasionally see something like this on 6speedonline, but most people there are too nose up in the air to really listen and take it all in.

I love the stories of which cars people have moved on to from the s2000 or which cars they also have. Makes me slightly jealous but I appreciate how much of the people here are really "car people"
Old 01-06-2011, 06:11 PM

^ I agree, awesome how long everyone has been on here. Also cool that the s2000 attracted such a good crowd of car enthusiasts, who, despite changing incomes and life stages, remain car enthusiasts and not a bunch of stuffy, rich dickwads that think that once they move on, their old car sucked.

That said, the eclipse I owned back in the day sucked. But my s2k was awesome.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Agree w/ all the above. There's good reason I keep coming back long after my S2000's have left the garage. Actually, I may go back to an S2000 at some point, as the CR makes a pretty darn good turnkey track car.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:54 PM

Hey chris s. You could just ask for our opinion about buying the s2k
Cr for a track car....

Or you could buy a zr1
Old 01-06-2011, 09:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome ride! Congrats!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:30 PM

I was foaming at the mouth watching those videos. Congrats!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:32 AM

Holy crap! Wow! I just watched the acceleration videos and completely blown away at how quickly you get upto 120. (Or 60 for that matter)

Like someone said earlier, good luck with the driving record!

And thanks for sharing - definitely
Old 01-07-2011, 08:42 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Christople,Jan 6 2011, 05:35 PM
The thing I really like about this forum is shown in this thread.

You got people who are real car enthusiasts that are describing their experience, have real track time, own a wide variety of newer cars to comment on such cars in comparisons or past ownership experience, as well as come back to a 32k brand new japanese roadster enthusiast website to post.

You might occasionally see something like this on 6speedonline, but most people there are too nose up in the air to really listen and take it all in.
Yep. I love cool cars all the way from Mazdaspeed 3, S2000, GTI, Supra, NSX, Viper, Vette, AMG, M-Series, Audi, Lambo, Ferrari, etc. Started with a Del Sol, then 5th gen Prelude, C5 Vette, S2000, C6 Coupe, and now ZR1 with a few other car mixed in along the way. I like other car enthusiasts to share their experiences with me as they buy cars. Car Talk does a good job of bringing in a good cross-section of enthusiasts with a wide variety of cars and preferences. It's enjoyable to read the different perspectives and opinions.

I personally like watching video of acceleration, track days, handling, etc. of cars, so I figured some of you guys would enjoy the same. I'd love for some of you to post vids of your rides so I (and many others) could check them out. I'm a big fan of showing the tach/speedo on acceleration vids to give some perspective.

So, Ritesh next time you go for a spin in your bud's 458, I want some good acceleration video showing the tach/speedo. It would be a big hit on youtube. The rest of you guys get some vids up too.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:48 AM

You win.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:48 AM

While I currently own an S2000, I can see myself sticking around even after (if ever) I sell it. This is one of the few general car sections where there's a good amount of traffic and pretty fun people.

Like I never lingered on the Supra forum, and even the Corvette forum I only hit up once a week in the off topic area.

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Jan 7 2011, 12:42 PM
So, Ritesh next time you go for a spin in your bud's 458 on that private track where we film all our videos, I want some good acceleration video showing the tach/speedo.
Edited for legal considerations

Quick Reply: I wanted a new car, but couldn't get away