Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I want this car in the worst way

Old 08-29-2007, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want this car in the worst way

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/deta...ealer_id=103701

Title says it all. I seem to be becoming more ambivalent about cars these days, but I'd give my left nut for that. I forwarded the link to the Old Lady, though, for some reason, she doesn't think I'm serious. And, she did get a nice raise yesterday that would cover this thing, but, curiously, she doesn't think the raise was for me to buy an F car? Chicks. Go figure.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:04 PM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Sell a couple of the ones you got first, then ask again. Its worth a try.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:17 PM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

I still remember the first time I heard that exhaust note in person. Amazing.

$70k seems like a good chunk of money for a 12 year car. That said, it IS a Ferrari.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:19 PM

I actually did sell the S (though I haven't updated the sig.). I was really just kidding about the Old Lady. I'm not sure I could bring myself to pull the trigger on a $65Kish F car at my age (31), regardless of whether or not it is "affordable." I've just found myself dreaming about this car lately more than I've dreamt about a car in a while. If I were in the market for an expensive toy car, this is what I'd get. I just love the color (I couldn't bring myself to drive a red or yellow Ferrari), the fact that it is a coupe (spyders seem to be more popular), and the fact that it is a conventional manual (F1s seem to be more popular in the later models). I know Z06s, GTRs, E92 M3s, RS4s, 911Ss, C63s, etc., etc., etc. will blow away the 13 year-old F355 in probably every performance category, but I don't care. I want that car.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Aug 29 2007, 10:17 PM
I still remember the first time I heard that exhaust note in person. Amazing.

$70k seems like a good chunk of money for a 12 year car. That said, it IS a Ferrari.
Maybe they'd give it to me for $65K? Really, what, for the $$$, could compare to driving that? I don't track, so I'm sure it's got plenty of performance for the street. Plus, I don't care about the maintenance. I wouldn't drive it a ton, and I'd just deal with it. Did I mention that I want that car?
Old 08-29-2007, 03:46 PM

Will the F355 ever NOT be sessy?
Old 08-29-2007, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by bjohnston,Aug 29 2007, 01:06 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/deta...ealer_id=103701

Title says it all. I seem to be becoming more ambivalent about cars these days, but I'd give my left nut for that. I forwarded the link to the Old Lady, though, for some reason, she doesn't think I'm serious. And, she did get a nice raise yesterday that would cover this thing, but, curiously, she doesn't think the raise was for me to buy an F car? Chicks. Go figure.
I agree with you 100% on all aspects.

I don't see how people can honestly compare a corvette-regardless of performance-or an M3, etc. to a 355.

The 355 was dreamed, created, formed, and allowed to be bought; not manufactured and pushed off the line and out of the dealer's lot as fast as possible.

60k might be a lot for a 12 year old car-but IMO that's a mistaken thought process.

A 60k 12 year old car is certainly going to be worth 60k when it's even older. I wonder how an M3 would compare? Obviously maint. will be higher on the Ferrari but few cars can give you joy just by having them sit quietly, completely stock, in your garage.

"value is what you get, price is what you pay"

I also agree completely regarding the coupe and conventional manual aspects of the car. You only live once.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:45 PM

If you give your left nut to get the car, be prepared to give your right to maintain it
Old 08-29-2007, 06:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002S2K,Aug 29 2007, 08:45 PM
If you give your left nut to get the car, be prepared to give your right to maintain it
I'm not positive but I think I was told by the guys at Competizione (Ferrari service in Gaithersburg MD) that his left nut would have to include a $5K or so exhaust manifold replacement and one other major work, but if those are done already then it's most likely just regular Ferrari maintenance (yes, I know, not cheap, but not requiring second mortgages either).

The spyder looks tons better than the berlinetta to me, but if it's the difference between owning and not.....

Old 08-30-2007, 09:02 AM

Wrong color IMHO. Besides you would be better off get a F360 - it might be more expensive, but it is a better quality car, more reliable and less expensive to maintain.

I saw a couple listed for $95k. One went for $85k in auction.

Quick Reply: I want this car in the worst way