Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I rode my first bike 2 days ago...

Old 07-31-2002, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I rode my first bike 2 days ago...

ok i have always loved bikes everytime one drives by i am in aw and like dman i want one. well the other day i finally got to ride one all i have to say is i want one even more now! this weekend my friend is taking me out and i am gonna learn to drive it (yes i was only passanger when we rode) i cant wait! you can feel how fast you are going and they are so quick! man i want one so bad now! i got in my s2000 and i realized how much quicker bikes really are than cars......just had to share my experience with ya guys oh ya and if i do decided to get a bike what are some opions on what to get?
jen
Old 07-31-2002, 01:27 PM

This girl that I know started riding last year, and she started on a R6. Of course she dropped it a few times within two weeks, but luckily she didnt' get hurt. I think your height is pretty important, since you can't really learn if you can't reach the ground(but you can always lower the bike) Try to sit on as many as you can, and see which one you are comfortable with. Just don't get carried away with the power, it might and will bite you in the a$$ if you're not careful. Ride safe!!
Old 07-31-2002, 01:29 PM

i am 5'9 so height i dont really have that much to worry about....and i am not trying to kill myself either lol i think that i would actually do closer to the speed limit cause you can feel the speed more than you can in a car.....
Old 07-31-2002, 02:15 PM

i think you should get a 2002 honda cbr 600 f4i red and silver or yellow and black. they are sweet.

Matt
Old 07-31-2002, 02:17 PM

For a first bike? She'd die.
Old 07-31-2002, 02:25 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Woodson
[B]For a first bike?
Old 07-31-2002, 08:30 PM

First, sign up for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation beginner course (call 1-800-CC-RIDER for the nearest course).

Second, start with a used bike so it doesn't decrease as much in value when you drop it.

Third, have fun.
Old 08-01-2002, 05:36 AM

Originally posted by scottrnelson
First, sign up for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation beginner course (call 1-800-CC-RIDER for the nearest course).

Second, start with a used bike so it doesn't decrease as much in value when you drop it.

Third, have fun.
Listen to this guy!!! He is right on. Start with a small bike and move up over time and you will be a LOT better off. ...Regardless of what the squids say
Old 08-01-2002, 06:32 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rjm161
[B]

Listen to this guy!!!
Old 08-01-2002, 06:59 AM

Squid -- Referring to a rider who has little regard for his or her own safety, or the safety of others. Frequently seen in a full-face helmet, on a Ninja or like bike, wearing shorts, t-shirt, and sneakers.

There are a number of other definitions at: http://www.mattsphotos.com/bikerslang/travel.html as well, including the one using the five letters to describe the type of rider (#2).

On the Ducati Monster List (see http://www.mostro.org/ ) there was a discussion of the difference between a Squid and a Hooligan (often used when describing Monster riders). We decided that a Squid does burnouts and wheelies because people are watching while a hooligan does them because nobody is watching.

In any case, don't be a squid, wear protective gear and ride so as not to offend the "cage" drivers.

Quick Reply: I rode my first bike 2 days ago...