Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I just drove a 'vette!

Old 04-13-2006, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've autocrossed and tracked C4 (R9G specifically...if you know vette's it's extremely rare..1 of 5) and C5 vette's and my S2000. You need to look past the fact that the Corvette is every redneck's dream car and just enjoy it for the bargain it is. The S2000 is amazing but if I had to have one in my garage I think I'd choose a Vette. The tourque is the huge difference but so is the hp!! handling is amazing!

get a vette..i also have the attitude that you only live once so experience as much as possible while you can..I wouldn't own back to back S2000's if I could experience ownership of two amazing sportscars.

Old 04-13-2006, 09:04 AM

i read the first post...then posted my post....then read the rest of the posts=weird
Old 04-13-2006, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

460cidpower: I didn't even see rent in that equation. So you live at home? So you are thinking of getting a vette and living at home. How long do you plan on doing this? Forget the Vette and start thinking about your future.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by 460cidpower,Apr 13 2006, 03:40 AM
Well, what do you do for a living? If I go to college, I have no clue what to go for.

How much $$$ I can make per year is all I really care about. (school wise, i.e. I wouldn't spend $80k on a degree that will only get me a $40k a year job.)

Any ideas on a degree that will make good $$$, that's not a doctor or an engineer?
Number 1, you don't need to spend anywhere new 80k to get a degee. I spent a total of about 2k on my degree out of pocket because I had scholarships to cover almost all of it, but even if I paid for the whole thing it was probably 40k at most. My first job paid over 55k and that was 6 years ago. But, I am an engineer so I'm not sure what to tell you. If you don't want to be an engineer, but want to make decent money on a 4 year degree you are probably stuck. I would go to a two year program and become an electrician or something. You have to be a journeyman for a while and not make too much, though you should be able to make at least $2500/month which sounds like more then you are making now. And after a few years they make pretty decent money.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01,Apr 13 2006, 09:08 AM
Number 1, you don't need to spend anywhere new 80k to get a degee. I spent a total of about 2k on my degree out of pocket because I had scholarships to cover almost all of it, but even if I paid for the whole thing it was probably 40k at most. My first job paid over 55k and that was 6 years ago. But, I am an engineer so I'm not sure what to tell you. If you don't want to be an engineer, but want to make decent money on a 4 year degree you are probably stuck. I would go to a two year program and become an electrician or something. You have to be a journeyman for a while and not make too much, though you should be able to make at least $2500/month which sounds like more then you are making now. And after a few years they make pretty decent money.
Well, I looked up the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and the best paying jobs are infact doctors and dentists and the best paying of all is orthodontists.

Would it really be wrong to go to school for a job only because it pays well?

The things I like to do, don't pay $h!t.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by vader1,Apr 13 2006, 08:14 AM
I was with you on the Vette until this point. Seriously f'ed up priorities. Seriously.

To look back at my life and think I passed on some hot young females to drive a Chevrolet, (admittedly a very nice Chevrolet, maybe the best ever) I would kill myself.

Take a ride in the best Ferrari ever, then take a ride on a 23 year old goregeous woman. Um, if I have to explain this........nevermind.
No, I've never had a "ride" on any women. I can't see that it's really THAT great...
Old 04-13-2006, 11:53 AM

tons of 'car talk' going on in here
Old 04-13-2006, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by 460cidpower,Apr 13 2006, 07:27 PM
Well, I looked up the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and the best paying jobs are infact doctors and dentists and the best paying of all is orthodontists.

Would it really be wrong to go to school for a job only because it pays well?

The things I like to do, don't pay $h!t.
My first question, when I was getting my degree, was, "which one of these engineering degrees pays the best?" My job allows me to do the things I enjoy. I find my job interesting, but if it paid nothing....I would be doing something else!!

Yeah, doctors and dentists makes more on avg then people with my degree, but I was only in school for 4 years and I make quite a bit at this point. It was a combination of serendipity and hard work, but I'm in a good position. Most CEO's started out at engineers..it's a good degree. I would recommend being an engineer for 5-10 yrs and then moving into the business side.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01,Apr 13 2006, 12:14 PM
My first question, when I was getting my degree, was, "which one of these engineering degrees pays the best?" My job allows me to do the things I enjoy. I find my job interesting, but if it paid nothing....I would be doing something else!!

Yeah, doctors and dentists makes more on avg then people with my degree, but I was only in school for 4 years and I make quite a bit at this point. It was a combination of serendipity and hard work, but I'm in a good position. Most CEO's started out at engineers..it's a good degree. I would recommend being an engineer for 5-10 yrs and then moving into the business side.
Do you use a lot of high end math? Because that's the thing that really stopped me from considering engineering, because I really had a tough time through high school with it.

BTW, do you mind if you PM me around about what you make per year? If you don't want to no biggie...
Old 04-13-2006, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by WVtwisties,Apr 13 2006, 11:53 AM
tons of 'car talk' going on in here
Hey, man, somtimes taking about life is a little more important than about cars... (at least I think....)

Quick Reply: I just drove a 'vette!