Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I just drove a 'vette!

Old 04-13-2006, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=ruexp67,Apr 10 2006, 06:28 PM]

Yes and Yes.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 460cidpower,Apr 13 2006, 03:37 PM
No, totaly straight. The only thing holding me back is a lack of $$$.

I can't get married or live on my own @ $1100 a month.

So for the past two years after high school I havn't fought it, I just said "what the hell, I can at lest have a nice car"
Dude, you can not "atleast have a nice car" with the type of salary that you are earning. I've held jobs since I was 10 years old. Unless you are disabled I have no compasion for you. You sound like an extremely lazy person. Do youself a favor and join the armed forces. You can at least learn some discipline, earn a living, be in a structured enviroment, and possibly get an education.

Bobby
Old 04-13-2006, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by HwangTKD,Apr 13 2006, 05:24 PM
Dude, you can not "atleast have a nice car" with the type of salary that you are earning. I've held jobs since I was 10 years old. Unless you are disabled I have no compasion for you. You sound like an extremely lazy person. Do youself a favor and join the armed forces. You can at least learn some discipline, earn a living, be in a structured enviroment, and possibly get an education.

Bobby
....buy the vette.............wet girls are worth it. Forget the fact that you can use that money for a mortgage, invest in the market, or use it for college. You , my friend, are the smartest cat in my book
Old 04-13-2006, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by speed_bump,Apr 13 2006, 04:28 PM
Gee at your age I was making $10K/month selling cars and that was 25 years ago when that was decent money.

Edit:
Just saw Derrycks's post and yes sales is a great way to earn a living if you are good at it. I got burned out in a few years but no matter what you do in life sales is involved. You have to sell yourself to get a job for instance.
and you forgot to mention rug burns from being under the desk
what kind of cars did you sell 25years back to make 10K a month? vettes?
Old 04-13-2006, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01,Apr 13 2006, 01:47 PM
Agreeance...OK fred durst. A large percentage of CEO's started as engineers. It's something like 18%.

This is an old study but I hold that engineering creates them most CEO's overall.

Yeah, if you don't think you can get through calculus then any form of engineering wil be tough. The basic amount you need is probably about 2 years. That includes some pretty tough shit, but if you are motivated you can get through it.

I have stayed on the technical path almost totally so far. I have worked at start-ups almost exclusively and have worked long hours and carved out quite a niche for myself. I won't say what exactly what I make, *edit [don't want to whip it out] and that is as a software engineer. I'm 28.

I am learning the business side of things in the industry as opposed to going to school. I may end up getting my masters in business, but I haven't decided. Also, salary is relative. Making 100k in the bay area vs 100k in Houston is a totally different. I think starbucks employees make 100k in the bay area!! j/k

Engineering will give you a good base and what you do after that is up to you.
Yeah, you've got to love the cost of living in Tx huh?

Oh, and the way I took your CEO comment was that over 50% came from an engineering background, I see your point now though so thanks for the information. I've got a lot of respect for anyone that can go through the hell it takes to get an engineering degree. I only made it through 3 calculus courses before I said screw it.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:39 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 05BerlinaFan,Apr 13 2006, 06:32 PM
Oh, and the way I took your CEO comment was that over 50% came from an engineering background, I see your point now though so thanks for the information. I've got a lot of respect for anyone that can go through the hell it takes to get an engineering degree. I only made it through 3 calculus courses before I said screw it.
Wonder what it would be if they combined all the business majors...they had "Business Administration" listed, but that probably doesn't include accountants, finance people, MIS-types, etc. Since "Engineering" is a pretty broad label, I'd be curious to see what a "Business Background" category would represent in terms of a percentage, plenty of "hard business" (number cruncher vs. "management") types make it up to the CEO office too.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:19 PM

since no one cares to talk about vettes....

I received my mba and cpa recently. I'm 24...get plenty of women, have a great life, great vehicles, and wouldn't change a thing.
My life suggestion for you is go to college, forget about owning a fancy car, play tons of GT4, and post a picture of an S2000 wherever you'll look most. Remind yourself daily why you're studying and dragging your ass to work everyday, and when the day comes that you hit that start button you won't even care about posting on this site because you'll need nothing more than a good cd and the open road!

there..now i'm officially off topic!
Old 04-13-2006, 09:26 PM

i always love reading vette vs. S2K threads or other threads of this nature....quite frankly it is a compliment....so many people compare lots of cars to the S, I think it's great....goes to show how mighty this Tochigi creation is....sadly though, so few of you really know how mighty it is or you wouldn't even be looking at vettes and vipers...those of you that do know what i speak of sit back and grin as you read all this
Old 04-14-2006, 03:50 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

[QUOTE=naseeb,Apr 13 2006, 09:36 PM] and you forgot to mention rug burns from being under the desk
Old 04-14-2006, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by oshp515,Apr 13 2006, 09:26 PM
so few of you really know how mighty it is or you wouldn't even be looking at vettes and vipers...

Quick Reply: I just drove a 'vette!