Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I just drove a 'vette!

Old 04-13-2006, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm just sick of checking back to see if there's 'car talk' going on in the 'car talk' forum and it's just you and your mentor talking about math!
Old 04-13-2006, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01,Apr 13 2006, 12:14 PM
My first question, when I was getting my degree, was, "which one of these engineering degrees pays the best?" My job allows me to do the things I enjoy. I find my job interesting, but if it paid nothing....I would be doing something else!!

Yeah, doctors and dentists makes more on avg then people with my degree, but I was only in school for 4 years and I make quite a bit at this point. It was a combination of serendipity and hard work, but I'm in a good position. Most CEO's started out at engineers..it's a good degree. I would recommend being an engineer for 5-10 yrs and then moving into the business side.
I was in agreeance with you until the most CEO's were engineers part That all depends on what field of manufacturing or business you are in.

460CID. I've got a business degree and at 25 I'm approaching the 6 figure mark. Not to be mean, but I don't think you'll make much even with a degree. You show a general lack of motivation. I wouldn't be where I'm at today if it weren't for the drive and perserverance inside.

You've got to choose what you want in life, and sounds like you have. Just remember you may miss out on a lot of great things down the road.

No, I've never had a "ride" on any women. I can't see that it's really THAT great...
Are you gay? Not flaming but it sounds like it.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by 460cidpower,Apr 13 2006, 12:34 PM
Do you use a lot of high end math? Because that's the thing that really stopped me from considering engineering, because I really had a tough time through high school with it.

BTW, do you mind if you PM me around about what you make per year? If you don't want to no biggie...
If you hate math, I wouldn't recommend Engineering. Each concentration of Engineering have their own "advance" math requirement. If you think Calculus is hard, you have not seen anything yet...

If you are working in a large company, Engineering will not put you up the company ladder that fast... in a startup.... sure.

My company (and in most large companies), most of the upper management are technical idiots. Most of them are from the Marketing side of the company. So I recommend going to Business school if you want to make mega dollars.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by 460cidpower,Apr 13 2006, 11:28 AM
No, I've never had a "ride" on any women. I can't see that it's really THAT great...

Have you gone through puberty?
Old 04-13-2006, 01:39 PM

um... weren't we talking about 'Vettes?

Guess it was my mistake...

btw WV... sweet race car
Old 04-13-2006, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by marthafokker,Apr 13 2006, 01:03 PM
If you hate math, I wouldn't recommend Engineering. Each concentration of Engineering have their own "advance" math requirement. If you think Calculus is hard, you have not seen anything yet...

If you are working in a large company, Engineering will not put you up the company ladder that fast... in a startup.... sure.

My company (and in most large companies), most of the upper management are technical idiots. Most of them are from the Marketing side of the company. So I recommend going to Business school if you want to make mega dollars.
Combining both seems to work well too...

I went to business school while I worked and learned the technical aspect of our operations (machinery, FMEA's, DOE's, SPC etc.) I would hate to move up the ladder as a technical idiot.

Anyway...you never did answer the question that was posed about rent 460cid? Living at home or on your own?
Old 04-13-2006, 01:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=05BerlinaFan,Apr 13 2006, 08:58 PM] I was in agreeance with you until the most CEO's were engineers part That all depends on what field of manufacturing or business you are in.

460CID.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are like 30k threads in car talk all about cars. I don't think one that has gone OT is that big of a deal!!
Old 04-13-2006, 02:29 PM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

I think you guys are wasting your time. A guy who isn't interested in dating women until at least 30, wants to buy a C6 when he pulls in a grand a month, and lives at home with his parents is probably a lost cause at this point.

In the meantime, we shouldn't use the opportunity to whip it out and measure against other people in here. Here's a good article if this guy is really interested in learning about different 'good' career paths:

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bestjobs/
Old 04-13-2006, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by 05BerlinaFan,Apr 13 2006, 01:42 PM
Combining both seems to work well too...

I went to business school while I worked and learned the technical aspect of our operations (machinery, FMEA's, DOE's, SPC etc.) I would hate to move up the ladder as a technical idiot.

Anyway...you never did answer the question that was posed about rent 460cid? Living at home or on your own?
Living at home. (I'm only 20)

Quick Reply: I just drove a 'vette!