Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I guess sometimes the cops are understanding.

Old 01-31-2003, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I guess sometimes the cops are understanding.

Well, this afternoon my buddy and I head out for a little drive. I
let him drive because he gets more enjoyment out of driving than I do. (he always begs to drive my car when I see him)
Well, we are driving around Saguaro Lake having a fun time on
some twisty roads with the top down. (it was 80 somthin today)
Well, I tell him to shift to 4th and have some fun. Well, we hit 90 pretty easy and he lets off. Well, low and behold, there was a Sheriff sitting in the bottom of a little loop dee doo and clocks Mike at 82. When the officer came up to the car he had a bad attitude and like all, he said "do you know how fast you were going?", and Mike replied, "Well, if you want to know the truth,
I hit 90 and started coasting once I hit that speed, and I am sure I slowed down at least to 60 when we passed you..." he said "I clocked you at 82....." The officer was confused because I was in the passenger seat, and Mike didn't know where the registration or ins. card was. (gotta love the hidden chest) I gave the officer the ins card and registration, and he went back to his car. I was like "WTF? Why are you being an ass to the cop?" and he was like "phuck it" so we waited for the Sherriff. Anyway, the Sheriff came back to the car, and was in the process of writing Mike the ticket and asked "why were you going so fast, you gotta deathwish or something?" Well, Mike said "I guess you can say that" and the Sheriff was getting really steamed at this point. Just before the Sheriff gives Mike the ticket, he asked what Mikes problem was, and Mike said "Look here BUDDY, I leave Sunday morning
to go back to the Middle East again, (he is a Marine) while you are here mesiing with people driving to fast. I don't know if I will come back alive after this go-round, so I am having some fun with my best friend, because I may never see him again after Sunday." The Sheriff just looked at him, said drive careful,
and he would say a prayer for a safe return, and let us go. I couldn't ever be so lucky. The kicker of it is, my buddy is a cook, and most likely will never see a battlefield.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great story, I would've been shitting bullets.. but I gotta hand it to your friend for being so bold... haha
Old 01-31-2003, 08:52 PM

I love these type of stories

for your buddy.
Old 02-02-2003, 01:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got this story from the Porsche board. The guy was in a 911. I would have gone straight to jail, and got the royal beat down by the cops, knowing my luck.

The cops caught me going over a hill. I was crusing around 130mph
on the expressway. I see the two of them sitting on the grass divider side by side. I jammed the brakes HARD! and passed them pulling the e-brake up so they wouldn't see the brake lights lighting up. I looked down and I was still doing 90mph
I kept going, and exited on the off ramp. I see the lights come on behind me and them scrambling after me in the rear view, so I immediately pull over. Hes comes up to the window and asks the stupid question. "Do you know why I pulled you over"??? Obviously he is fishing for a stupid answer.....I reply, Lemmi Guess??? Speeding??? Hes says .."Yeah, Do you know how fast you were going??? ....I reply "90 I guess"? he starts laughing and says "Try 117mph"..."on 2 radars"... "Licence and Reg Please"... He comes back 5 min later, and says "OK.....I'm not gonna give you a ticket"... I reply. "Are you serious"!!!!...You guys are so cool thanks so much! I couldn't belive it! I never get off of a stop like that. I live in their district and they probly thought I would fight it + It was 2:30 in the morning. But........ Thank You P-land Police
Old 02-02-2003, 02:10 AM

Originally posted by jayhawker
The kicker of it is, my buddy is a cook, and most likely will never see a battlefield.