Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I got stopped for wreckless driving

Old 08-18-2005, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I got stopped for wreckless driving

I don't drive dangerously anymore.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:26 AM

So to recap..

You have only been driving for 4 months, in which time you have already had two accidents. You were driving like a prick at a time when you are not allowed, and you then displayed all of this to a cop, including an illegal turn and some nice drifting.

And you managed to get away with it after the cop scared the crap out of you.

Nice work. You are a (young) idiot.

He should have suspended your license for a few months to give you sometime to reflect on what just happened.

Just for the record, I like to speed and drive like an idiot as well sometimes, but I pick my spots.. nobody else within miles etc. Perhaps this is why I have been driving for 14 years without one accident or ticket
Old 08-18-2005, 03:48 AM

Received 404 Likes on 304 Posts

I think big just just summed it up. Find desolate areas, and learn how to pick your spots. On the rare occasion I get pulled over I excercise my rights to remain silent and not say anything. In your case, excercising those constitutional rights would have gotten you several tickets, and you would have probably lost your license. And you said it best yourself, your insurance rates are high as hell, you are the last person that needs to be fukin around, yet at your age you are the most likely to do so. Be very thankful that you didn't get hit with all of the above, and take your drifting to a controlled environment as the cop said. He was one of those good cops, as he tried to teach you a lesson instead of ruining your life by removing your privilege (not right) to drive.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:59 AM

you have to go to racewars man!! s2k vs jetta nos I hear, crazy shit!
Old 08-18-2005, 04:07 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by StepInTheMirror,Aug 18 2005, 06:47 AM
In a way, I think with my wreckless driving, I am taking my life into my own hands, and that should be completely legal. If I die crashing into a wall while driving like a crazy man, it would be a shame
It would be a bigger shame if you took out the guy on the bicycle that you didn't see, or the two teenagers walking home from a friend's house. How would your Mom feel having to bury you at your age?

Thank the cop. You got caught before something bad happened. Find the time to go to the autocrosses. Participate in some track days. Trust me, you'll be happy that you saved it for the track and can still enjoy the high well in to retirement.

Oh, and I hope the cop slapped your Mom for letting you drive after hours on a provisional license. If you had killed someone, it would be her responsibility as well.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bigfish, he has not had any accidents. he said he has SEEN two. none of his own.

anyways. i think that first off, you're much more mature than your average 16 year old. that said, i do think that there is more at risk than what you are realizing. while driving spiritedly on a back road, drifting is something much riskier.

IMO, you need to keep it cool. if you do a bit of spirited driving, do so during the day on a road you know well, and don't drive at more than 5/10ths. we all like to do a little spirited driving, so i'm not going to sit here and point a finger at you for something i've done myself.

again, don't drift, use common sense, and don't push yourself anywhere near the limits of your abilities. it's a public road, and you never know what jogger, biker, or whoever may be around the corner.

also, moving to S2000talk
Old 08-18-2005, 04:56 AM

Received 404 Likes on 304 Posts

S2000 talk? He is driving a Miata??
Old 08-18-2005, 04:57 AM
Banned

[QUOTE]TommyDeVito Posted on Aug 18 2005, 05:56 AM
Old 08-18-2005, 05:02 AM

you don't drive like an idiot on the street.. you admit to a "drift" dangerous. .... crazy....
take it to the track.. !!!

that is why insurance is sooooo expensive for youngsters.. "sorry" i was once that way..
join your local SCCA and get crazy in the parking lots.. cones are fun to hit.. not other innocent people.
yes it was a dark.. deserted.. road.. i too love the twisties.. just drive 'em and enjoy.. no need for drifting and loss of control..
enjoy your car.. respect it.. live long and prosper..
Old 08-18-2005, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by bigfishs,Aug 18 2005, 03:26 AM
Just for the record, I like to speed and drive like an idiot as well sometimes, but I pick my spots.. nobody else within miles etc. Perhaps this is why I have been driving for 14 years without one accident or ticket
It's just like sex. Almost everybody does it, but no mater how careful (or careless) you are, or how often you do it- it only takes on moment to drastically change your life.

Just a thought to consider, StepInTheMirror

Quick Reply: I got stopped for wreckless driving