Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Hyundai's CR-Z destroyer?

Old 09-30-2010, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually like it. Hyundai just keeps stepping up their game.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Sep 30 2010, 04:38 AM
The look is far superior with one door!

I like the idea. As the driver every time I walk up to the car to get in I get this huge long coupe like door that makes me really feel like I'm stepping into something sporty. For me regardless of how hot a 4-door is, when I open up that short little door the last thing I think of is getting into a hot sporty car.

This layout gives the driver that rewarding look, and the ease of getting in with a nice large space, PLUS, should I have a passenger, or even more than one, they get the side that is more functional. I like the idea, I love the fact that someone is taking a risk.

As with any car going from concept to production, mirrors and door handles are the last thing you should look at on a concept car. They may have very well gone over the top to make the rear door handle stand out, after all, that's what is needed on the show floor to make a feature that could be extremely subtle in production, even noticable in concept form.

Oh, and as you mention Nissan, I love the gamble they took on the Cube, the asymmetrical rear door window is great as far as I'm concerned.
I know the process of going from concept to production (was trained as an automotive designer)...I just question the decision to just have the suicide on one side only. With the Nissan cube assymetry, I totally get. Its visually obvious.

The Veloster is a little different...its almost like theyre trying to hide the rear door...kind of.

I like the look of the driver's side...but I also don't mind having a rear door...if it was on both sides. I'm trying to view it from real world experience.

you and 3 other coworkers walk to your car. Naturaly, 2 will go on one side, and they'll open the passenger side doors naturaly. Meanwhile, another coworker goes on the other side. I can just picture having to explain to him/her, that he/she will have to go onto the other side because thats the only side with rear doors. Now imagine having to do this a quite a few times.

Its not a big deal...I just wish it either had 2 doors or 4 doors. Although, like you said, I do applaud them for trying something different. And like many here, I can't wait to test drive it.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And now, Hyundai puts the final stamp on the Veloster

But the icing on the cake is still yet to come. The best part of the Veloster lineup will be the 1.6 liter turbocharged four cylinder engine with direct injection technology that will be producing an output power of 208 HP. Well that’s something! And it will reflect in the 0-100 km/h sprint as well. The car races off the distance within a matter of 7 seconds. But Hyundai has still kept mum on the fact that when this car will actually come to the Americas.

http://www.speedlux.com/european-hyundai-v...er-turbo-208hp/

I hope like hell Hyundai decide to give us this turbo model!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Saint_Spinner,Sep 30 2010, 12:58 PM
I like the look of the driver's side...but I also don't mind having a rear door...if it was on both sides. I'm trying to view it from real world experience.
I wish I was as open minded
I really, really, do not want to look at a rear door on my side
If I was of your mindset and could live with that kind of 5-door configuration look, well then, my search for a hot hatch would be over

Old 02-22-2011, 10:08 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

looks like a Focus and Fiesta
Old 02-22-2011, 10:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CR-Z anyday
Old 02-22-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by JHooby,Feb 22 2011, 02:44 PM
CR-Z anyday
Maybe design wise, but for power and performance, no way, the CR-Z is a pathetic performer, on par with a Yugo
Old 02-22-2011, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the CR-Z destroyers were the product planners at Honda. Do you mean someone outside of Honda also has it out for the poor car?!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by rockville,Feb 22 2011, 03:09 PM
I thought the CR-Z destroyers were the product planners at Honda. Do you mean someone outside of Honda also has it out for the poor car?!

Old 02-22-2011, 01:55 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=rockville,Feb 22 2011, 03:09 PM]I thought the CR-Z destroyers were the product planners at Honda.

Quick Reply: Hyundai's CR-Z destroyer?