Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Hyundai V8 coupe

Old 05-10-2007, 07:49 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I agree on the turbo part - certainly looks like there's one in there.

Isn't the current Tib styled by Pininfarina? I wonder if they're working on this car, as well.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm. Def looks like a turbo. Reminds me of this guy.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by tbonesteak,May 10 2007, 05:25 PM
I whole heartedly disagree. Have you wondered why Hyundai's been winning so many awards in the past few years? Have you driven some of Hyundai's cars? I felt the way you did until i received an 06 Azera for a loaner car. I was simply blown away for what you're getting for the price you pay. The Azera honestly felt like a better car than my family's lexus es330, g sedan, and the TL. If the badges were concealed, i think a lot of people would choose the Azera over its competitors. And with a price tag more than 10k cheaper than the lexus, it's the best bang for the buck. They've been stepping up like crazy and people are beginning to realize. People actually DO expect Hyundai to churn out high quality products while at the same time being innovative and come up with new things that other automakers have not yet.
No actually I think we're on the same wavelength. Of course people expect Hyundai to have high quality. That was the rub years ago when they came to the US, and it's without question the case now. I'm not saying they haven't upped their game considerably, or that their cars are crap. What I'm saying is that Hyundai has never had a V8 RWD coupe, ever, whereas other manufacturers have. So, it makes more of a splash when Hyundai does it because they are taking a risk and stepping outside their usual bounds. If this were any other company it likely wouldn't be cause for much news, and indeed some people would be saying "big whoop".

The quality issue isn't the focus here. It's the fact that Hyundai is stepping outside its normal bounds and is taking a risk in trying to push into other markets, making them more appealing.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:30 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Salivating... will I finally get the rwd coupe?? Please dont botch the suspension geometry, I can add my own coilovers and stiffen it up, but please give me somethign to work with. AND please do not make it weight too much... and just like that I realize how impossible all this is going to be...
I'll take mine with I4 turbo like in the spy shots so long as they keep it under 3000lbs... digging that interior...
Old 05-10-2007, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Slamnasty,May 10 2007, 09:14 PM
No actually I think we're on the same wavelength. Of course people expect Hyundai to have high quality. That was the rub years ago when they came to the US, and it's without question the case now. I'm not saying they haven't upped their game considerably, or that their cars are crap. What I'm saying is that Hyundai has never had a V8 RWD coupe, ever, whereas other manufacturers have. So, it makes more of a splash when Hyundai does it because they are taking a risk and stepping outside their usual bounds. If this were any other company it likely wouldn't be cause for much news, and indeed some people would be saying "big whoop".

The quality issue isn't the focus here. It's the fact that Hyundai is stepping outside its normal bounds and is taking a risk in trying to push into other markets, making them more appealing.
ooh~ understood. Thanks for clearing that up. Yeah i agree with you as well on your point.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

turbo...rwd....cheaps! its a ricers dream come true!
Old 05-11-2007, 06:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like this rendering.

I feel a KDM craze coming!
Old 05-11-2007, 06:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That is an I4 turbo. Rumors are the I4 will be mid 20s, with possibly v8 option closer to 30k.. both RWD of course.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:22 AM

we'll see. Rumors are just rumors. A RWD turbo four might be fun, and if it provides a kick in the pants to other companies to produce something cool, then it's all good regardless. But I don't really see a whole lot of reason to get excited, based on the current Hyundais. A car is about more than paper specs and comsumer-rated "quality."
Old 05-11-2007, 08:34 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Those same consumer rated quality is what made Lexus what it is today though. And it's because of Hyundai's current lineup that this new coupe looks promising, the rest of their lineup is copycat stuff, but very effective and is an exceptional value. Hyundai learns pretty quickly, hopefully they'll get this car right because it's about time they inject some excitement now that their company is riding on some good momentum. The last Tiburon was close, but unfortunately close is still way short of good, remember, it doesnt matter if you win by an inch or... well you know, lol.

Quick Reply: Hyundai V8 coupe