Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

how many people would use 06 s2000 as daily driver

Old 04-05-2006, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well obviously the STI is way better than s2000 in weather conditions and stuff cuz of AWD and i think the STI is much safer in a crash and overal driving. But the s2k has the looks and less weight.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:29 PM

I would say that exactly 821 people use their '06 S2000 as a daily driver.

By the way, I know a guy who drove his WRX off a freeway onramp in a snow storm and totaled it because he drove like an a$$clown. AWD won't help you when there's an empty void between your ears.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:51 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by roadster_s2k,Apr 5 2006, 06:53 PM
well obviously the STI is way better than s2000 in weather conditions and stuff cuz of AWD and i think the STI is much safer in a crash and overal driving.
I could give you a few paragraphs of explanations to show you how misinformed you are when making this statement, but I'm just too busy washing my hair.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:43 PM

so your are saying that the s2000 is more safe and is better in all weather? I am really considereing the s2k and want some help.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by roadster_s2k,Apr 5 2006, 08:43 PM
so your are saying that the s2000 is more safe and is better in all weather? I am really considereing the s2k and want some help.
Yes the S2000 is a safe car. Is it better in all weather??? Personally I would never drive it in the snow but then I have a 4X4 Toyota for that so even if I could I wouldn't.

If you drive the car like an ass you can get in trouble even on dry pavement. Drive it for the conditions your in (ie don't speed in the rain, especially in corners) and you won't have any issues.

IMHO, if you have to ask these questions then maybe you would be better off in a WRX. This stuff is common knowledge for any rear wheel drive car.

Just my two cents, take it for what it's worth.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:08 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by roadster_s2k,Apr 5 2006, 09:43 PM
OK, I'm probably a sucker for doing this, but I'll humour you just this once.

Most people who own AWD cars (no traction control, no stability control) think they are invincible in slippery conditions. They continue to either use their performance tires in the wet thinking that AWD will save them or they continue to use their all season tires in the snow thinking that AWD will be no problem.
Sure, if the AWD drive car is equipped with the tires that are commensurate with the wet or snow conditions, then it will be better in those conditions than a similarly equipped S2000. But not many owners of AWD cars have that kind of smarts.
Let's take the out of control to the extreme (in wet or snow conditions):
If a RWD car loses traction by overpowering its drive wheels, the back end comes out and you can correct by counter-steering and easing off the throttle (or keeping the throttle applied). You can still direct the car to some extent.
If a FWD car loses traction by overpowering its drive wheels, the front end goes in the direction the car is travelling and the steering no longer has any affect. You can't counter-steer out of trouble. You can ease off the throttle but it may be too late. Steering is your first line of defense but it's gone.
If an AWD car loses traction by overpowering its drive wheels, both ends of the car continues in the direction it was heading just before it loses traction. You can't counter-steering because the steering is gone. Again, you can ease up on the throttle but it may be too late. Again, your first line of defense is gone.

I'll you run this through your mind and you decide.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xviper,Apr 6 2006, 01:08 AM
OK, I'm probably a sucker for doing this, but I'll humour you just this once.

Most people who own AWD cars (no traction control, no stability control) think they are invincible in slippery conditions. They continue to either use their performance tires in the wet thinking that AWD will save them or they continue to use their all season tires in the snow thinking that AWD will be no problem.
Sure, if the AWD drive car is equipped with the tires that are commensurate with the wet or snow conditions, then it will be better in those conditions than a similarly equipped S2000. But not many owners of AWD cars have that kind of smarts.
Let's take the out of control to the extreme (in wet or snow conditions):
If a RWD car loses traction by overpowering its drive wheels, the back end comes out and you can correct by counter-steering and easing off the throttle (or keeping the throttle applied). You can still direct the car to some extent.
If a FWD car loses traction by overpowering its drive wheels, the front end goes in the direction the car is travelling and the steering no longer has any affect. You can't counter-steer out of trouble. You can ease off the throttle but it may be too late. Steering is your first line of defense but it's gone.
If an AWD car loses traction by overpowering its drive wheels, both ends of the car continues in the direction it was heading just before it loses traction. You can't counter-steering because the steering is gone. Again, you can ease up on the throttle but it may be too late. Again, your first line of defense is gone.

I'll you run this through your mind and you decide.
SUCKER!
Old 04-06-2006, 05:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good info. though. Thanks x.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:31 AM

[QUOTE=xviper,Apr 6 2006, 12:08 AM] OK, I'm probably a sucker for doing this, but I'll humour you just this once.

Most people who own AWD cars (no traction control, no stability control) think they are invincible in slippery conditions.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by roadster_s2k,Apr 5 2006, 08:43 PM
roadster_s2k maybe you should start another thread asking "How safe is the s2k?" ... oh wait, you already have:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=372987

Quick Reply: how many people would use 06 s2000 as daily driver