Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

How many have visited www.seewhathappens.com? New MitsuGalant Commercial

Old 03-13-2004, 05:10 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How many have visited www.seewhathappens.com? New MitsuGalant Commercial

So, I've tired of watching an ad that REQUIRES me to visit a website to view the ending. So, tonight, while watching DieHard2 on FX (yeah, boring night for airgate), I saw the commercial again!

So, I decide, I have nothing better to do, might as well check the site and see the end of the commercial. Pitiful. Dodging items from the back of a U-Haul-like truck is a test now?

Then they have other "tests" where braking and acceleration is tested. Amazing the Galant bests them all, but really odd test captions.

Best Accident Avoidance
Best Braking from 70 to 0
Best Acceleration from 0 to 60, okay this one I'll buy.

Now the funny thing is where they (AMCI on behalf of Mitsubishi) take on the claim of "Best Acceleration" in a safety-minded way. Stating that power is important on a short ramp or while passing a semi-truck. So, I ask, who does either one of those at 0?

Honestly, you would be doing at least 35mph or more, right? So, why not test the acceleration of the Galant on Best Acceleration from 35mph to 60mph? I know, the commercial is biased and so am I for Honda. But really, the Accord would smoke the HELL out of that Galant. Pure BS.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:17 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, and how about when they run the "Best Overall Value" comparison. I want to be there.

All right already. Damn, I'm so PRO-Honda.