Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

How long has Jacques been a has been?

Old 06-30-2003, 06:37 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default How long has Jacques been a has been?

I never liked the guy anyway even when he was winning, with the dyed hair etc... But he's just painful to watch anymore. I know BAR is not exactly Ferrari, but can he can't even make it around the track more than a dozen times without loosing control. I could probably do almost as good as this guy.

Let's look at Jacque vs. his teammate Jennson Button:

Jacque has 9 DNF a 6 a 9 and a 12

Jennson has 2 DNF a 4,7,7,8,9,10. Not great but it shows that the car is mid pack.

Jacque should be sacked a test driver can do just as good IMO.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of problems with the car, I think if he was driving Ferrari or Williams there would be different results... But I'm partial to Canadian drivers..
Old 06-30-2003, 07:52 AM

I'm a big fan of Jacques'
I think that his car isnt great (and I LOVE Honda) and I also think he just doesnt work well with this team. Seems to be some communication problems with him and his team about the car's setup etc. or so I read anyway.
I think he's a great driver and has proved it more than once before. Jacques definitely has skill, he might be a little less cautious than most drivers (taking some chances that cost him in the end) but he is definitely a very skilled driver. I also happen to like his style and his attitude (althougha little bit of a loud mouth at times)
I'm not sure what will happen with Jacques after this year but I think it would be best for him to move on and join another team. Maybe even go to Indy.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:53 AM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so much F1 Trivia today Raj
Old 06-30-2003, 07:56 AM

how long ? Hmmm since 1998 or so, when he left for BAR
Old 06-30-2003, 08:01 AM

If you have followed F-1 for a while you will remember Eddie Irvine. Eddie was the biggest crybaby I can remember. He always had an excuse, and was always ready to blame Ferrari for giving him such an inferior car. Eventually Ferrari got tired of his mouth and his excuses, and fired him.

Jacques is just like Eddie to me, BAR should fire his ass. He makes WAY TOO MUCH money, money BAR would be better off spending on development of the race program. Jacques was a good driver, but I believe he has lost his burning passion.

Jenson is not having the same bad results in the BAR, so the idea that it is the BAR and not Jacques is rubbish. Put Jacques in a Ferrari or a Williams and all you would get is a slower Ferrari or Williams.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:05 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by EvoVII
Lots of problems with the car, I think if he was driving Ferrari or Williams there would be different results... But I'm partial to Canadian drivers..
He's not even keeping up with Button if he was with a better team he'd still be the number 2.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:59 AM

While JV's car has shown obvious signs of reliability problems this year, there were many times when JB simply outdrove the Canadian.

He's quick to point out mechanical flaws, but yesterday's race in Germany proved his driving talents aren't what they once were. He was consistanly making errors, like that near fatal spin.

I'm not jumping on that "past glory" bandwagon, but I do believe his future in F1 is questionable. His demeaner and negative attitude coupled with lackluster driving is lowering his stock big time. If he does return to F1 next year, expect a huge paycut.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:10 AM

Well I admit JV 's a good driver but his biggest achievements have always been as a result of a superior car.

Most of his CART wins in 95 were a result of genius engineer Tony Cicale tweaking the Reynard for superior mechanical grip. And remember he would'nt have won the Indy 500 if Goodyear did'nt pass the pacecar....BONEHEAD!(in the Reynard HONDA).

No question that the Williams was the superior car in the years JV was with them. Was'nt that the fully automatic year? Slicks, Active Suspension, ABS, Engine Mgt., Auto Tranny, etc?
Not a difficult task.

He probably has a big ego that he can't stand driving the pig of a car that he has. I'd rather have someone hungry driving the BAR like current driver Button, Justin Wilson, or Dan Weldon or maybe Helio Castro-Neves.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:26 AM

It was sad watching him get held up by the Minardi's, then he passes them, takes off and spins the car. Come on Jacques! I am a fan of him, but both him and BAR need to get it together. Cut his pay and put it into development.

Quick Reply: How long has Jacques been a has been?