Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

How does 7:19.xx sound for the new ZR1 ring time?

Old 06-10-2011, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by d1rtyc4r
You guys seem to be very confused on the dynamics of engine location on a car's chassis.

I'm also wondering if there are mods here? When I signed up it said you could not insult anyone or call them names. Obviously if I am able to form coherent sentences I am not mentally challenged - or as JonBoy so elloquently put it "retard" (coincidentally I have an autistic uncle, we do not call him "uncle retard"). Can someone provide me the name of a mod I could contact to report this rude behavior?

Thanks.
I don't believe that anyone here is confused about the dynamics of engine location on a car's chassis. Porsche made their choice and Chevy made theirs, both based primarily on history of the marques and in all probability, neither is optimal.

Hang around, enjoy the show. I can't swear to it, but my guess is that someone on this board has called me a retard at least once. I lived through it.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:09 AM

I think the reason the R35 gets those Ring' times consistently is because of its capability to be so surefooted at the limit. Meanwhile, in the Corvette, I'd be shitting bricks pushing that thing in second or third gear, or coming out of a corner too hard.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:17 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Jonboy, please don't call people retards. Dis the car if you want, but respect fellow posters. Maybe ask for an explanation if you think its needed.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:26 AM

Let's all play nice here... You can't be technically be retarded for not knowing a car fact.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems be faster, giving it an extreme advantage, lol. Like Slithr said, Porsche made a choice and it was not financially constrained. Which car is substantially cheaper? Extreme advantage again, lol.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, JonBoy. You can't call d1rtyc4r a retard! That's insulting to retarded people.

d1rtyc4r-
Your post is getting flak because you're making it seem like it's somehow unfair to compare the two because they have different drivetrain layouts. They are both extreme-performance production cars (the top of the line from the respective mfrs), and that's why the comparison is being made. That's the same reason that the GT-R is brought up as well as other cars that might have different layouts. The fact is, the results are all that matter, regardless of how the mfr attempts to achieve them. It's silly to belittle a car's achievement just because its competitors chose to go a different route.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nurburgring tests are all farces as it is. They are never on even terms. It doesn't matter which manufacturer posts what time, they'll complain about one thing about the time - oh this driver is better, those tires are better, the weather was better that day.

I believe if Nurburgring tests are to be taken seriously at this level, the same driver should be doing all the laps, on the same tires and same weather conditions.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:56 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by d1rtyc4r
Nurburgring tests are all farces as it is. They are never on even terms. It doesn't matter which manufacturer posts what time, they'll complain about one thing about the time - oh this driver is better, those tires are better, the weather was better that day.

I believe if Nurburgring tests are to be taken seriously at this level, the same driver should be doing all the laps, on the same tires and same weather conditions.
Note to myself: Add win lottery to my bucket list. Then pay for the above to happen.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:59 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Nurburgring times are pretty much pure marketing and it started when Nissan started touting number a few years back. Before that, no one really pushed it, including the Germans that have been testing there for a century.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:13 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT
Jonboy, please don't call people retards. Dis the car if you want, but respect fellow posters. Maybe ask for an explanation if you think its needed.
Can I be descriptive, ie, say things like "brainless", "completely lacking the mental capacity to form a cogent phrase" or "showing strong tendencies to approximate the standard typically described as 'stupid' "?

Quick Reply: How does 7:19.xx sound for the new ZR1 ring time?