Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

How Did We End Up With a Big Sedan Integra?

Old 12-11-2021, 04:07 PM

Received 3,774 Likes on 2,661 Posts

Originally Posted by engifineer
In a sense, the issue with the CTR is that their market got old Well not exactly but kinda. Honda looked at all the tacky things did with the bland old Hondas and tried to go back at those people with a factory car that looked like street racer car I think. Problem is that the kids that used to slap big tacky wings on early 2000's or earlier Hondas are grown up now and the ones that were into that overdone stuff are over it and dont want it now. And the younger crowd that still is into all that can't afford it. So it is a car priced and aimed at people who "grew out" of the racer boy car look and the ones that like it most cannot afford it yet. Just my thoughts. Had they come up with a car like that 20 years ago, half the people on here hating it would have been drooling over it lol.
It's too bad Honda and manufacturers like them don't use real car enthusiasts in their focus groups, like people from these forums or people who really know sports cars. I was at my Subaru dealer today talking with my sales guy, and he was pretty disappointed with the new WRX with all of those moldings. He was saying that Subaru should have talked to people like him and people who sell the cars. We were both scratching our heads trying to figure out who Subaru used to come up with their design ideas on the new WRX, we were both thinking the same thing it was funny lol.
Old 12-11-2021, 11:17 PM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

I won’t really say much as it would be very negative. That and I really don’t want to say much of anything in a thread created by a “curated” content editor.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:23 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by engifineer
In a sense, the issue with the CTR is that their market got old Well not exactly but kinda. Honda looked at all the tacky things did with the bland old Hondas and tried to go back at those people with a factory car that looked like street racer car I think. Problem is that the kids that used to slap big tacky wings on early 2000's or earlier Hondas are grown up now and the ones that were into that overdone stuff are over it and dont want it now. And the younger crowd that still is into all that can't afford it. So it is a car priced and aimed at people who "grew out" of the racer boy car look and the ones that like it most cannot afford it yet. Just my thoughts. Had they come up with a car like that 20 years ago, half the people on here hating it would have been drooling over it lol.
I mean I think the outgoing CTR is hideous and its styling a joke. However, I'm not sure this car is/was an "issue" for Honda. They've sold very well. I see them all the time, demand is still high, and I'm not sure they were really ever sold at or below MSRP. Probably sold as many as they could.

That doesn't sound like a problem to me.
Old 12-20-2021, 06:51 AM

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k
I mean I think the outgoing CTR is hideous and its styling a joke. However, I'm not sure this car is/was an "issue" for Honda. They've sold very well. I see them all the time, demand is still high, and I'm not sure they were really ever sold at or below MSRP. Probably sold as many as they could.

That doesn't sound like a problem to me.
Yeah not sure how the CTR is a "problem" for Honda. The car is awesome to drive and sold very well. Everyone loves to judge any car they don't like/fit into their need as a "problem".
Old 03-18-2022, 07:13 AM

Received 613 Likes on 428 Posts

Looks like enthusiasts are getting on board with this and talking with their wallets.

70% of pre-orders are manual.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/44813/...for-the-manual
The following users liked this post:
WolfpackS2k (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 08:51 AM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

I'm starting to warm up to it, not to say I like it, but I'm coming around with the appeal for the car. A super practical car that a dude with a young family can have, cost effective with running costs, should have Honda reliability, and doesn't break the bank, but has just enough fun to not want to swerve into oncoming traffic.

I still think had they put the 2.0 engine into it, it'd be something to really consider, but as it is it's just a hatchback SI with a better interior, which I suppose isn't a terribly bad thing, just a bit underwhelming. And now I get why the Si here got decontented, because Americans want some sort of brand name.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:27 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

I maintain that not dropping in the Accord's 2.0T as the base engine is a big error on Acura's part.

Add to that dropping the dual clutch transmission the previous ILX had, in favor of a CVT...gross.

Finally, the manual isn't available on the BASE SPEC model...SMH
Old 03-18-2022, 11:56 AM

The end product seems a bit better than what I initially saw of it. I like the adaptive dampers that the higher trim level gets, it was not an option on my Si unfortunately. Some of the interior trim appointments are nicer than the Si, but I guess it all factors into the price.
Old 03-19-2022, 04:40 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Consider that this is essentially a Civic Si with the content that many people want, with an available CVT for those that don't want to row their own gears. But you can still get a 6MT and higher spec/content if you want.

Canadians have a more fully-spec'd Civic Si so it's less of a draw here but for Americans, the Integra is really the Civic Si that they wanted, albeit at a price premium. The Integra looks miles better on the outside, in my opinion.
Old 03-19-2022, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Consider that this is essentially a Civic Si with the content that many people want, with an available CVT for those that don't want to row their own gears. But you can still get a 6MT and higher spec/content if you want.

Canadians have a more fully-spec'd Civic Si so it's less of a draw here but for Americans, the Integra is really the Civic Si that they wanted, albeit at a price premium. The Integra looks miles better on the outside, in my opinion.
For many years I haven't been a fan of Acura front grills, the integra is no exception, they seem set on those huge grills for all of their vehicles. Their grills haven't been attractive for a few generations of vehicles, more subtle is my preference. I prefer my Si front end by a long shot.

The thought of adaptive dampers plays tricks with my mind, when I started my search for the 2022 Civic Si I thought for sure it was coming with adaptive dampers, but it did not. I really wanted the adaptive dampers but I've been told from owners of the 10th gen that they were not all that useful. I know I would never drive around with them on full soft, as that would feel terrible, and the sport setting might not be far off the settings already built into my fixed damper setup. So a nice option to have but at the end of the day they might not be all that useful if they turn out like the 2-stage adaptive system of the 10th gen. A 3-stage system would be more useful with soft, normal, and sport settings, I'd like to find out how the Integra system works if it is like the 10th gen or an improved system.