Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

"Honey, I Wrecked the Porsche"

Old 07-11-2007, 09:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WFO Racer,Jul 11 2007, 08:57 PM
So somebody crashes their fill in the blank. Why do you guys give a squirt of plss? It's their money and car and if they don't hurt someone else who cares? I could see if you were about to buy the car that just got crashed but if you have no vested interest in it and they wad it up why would this bother you ? Is it sour grapes that they are crashing cars most of you will never own?

How many S2000's have been crashed vs. exotics? Nobody gives a crap if the Honda gets wadded other the owner who is making payments on it or those who have to chime in and give "their expert reason for the crash". Shaking their dad like finger and say you need to go to "racing school".

400HP crap my pick up truck I just bought has almost 400hp it's not that much. My turbo Busa has almost 400hp. It's jst a number.
As long as they don't hurt anyone besides themselves I don't really care. It does effect insurance rates for certain kinds of cars, but that's about it. It does surprise me that people are willing to take huge risks on the road, but won't go to a track and actually learn to drive. It's a lot more fun to actually push your car to it's limits. When people think they are really at the limits on the street mostly they are just going really slow and then flooring it around corners and doing a weak drift. If you are willing to wad it up on the street you should be on the track learning how not to do it.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:16 PM

I've always said I would never take possession of a (very) high performance vehicle until I had quite a few hours of high performance driving instruction under my belt. It should be mandatory!
I can't just climb into a Gulfstream G150 and cruise all over L.A. can I?!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WFO Racer,Jul 11 2007, 08:57 PM
So somebody crashes their fill in the blank. Why do you guys give a squirt of plss? It's their money and car and if they don't hurt someone else who cares? I could see if you were about to buy the car that just got crashed but if you have no vested interest in it and they wad it up why would this bother you ? Is it sour grapes that they are crashing cars most of you will never own?

How many S2000's have been crashed vs. exotics? Nobody gives a crap if the Honda gets wadded other the owner who is making payments on it or those who have to chime in and give "their expert reason for the crash". Shaking their dad like finger and say you need to go to "racing school".

400HP crap my pick up truck I just bought has almost 400hp it's not that much. My turbo Busa has almost 400hp. It's jst a number.
I think it's just a shame that such a beautiful piece of engineering is ham-fistedly beaten to a pulp.

If a rich, spoiled kid bought an ancient, finely crafted Japanese sword and was using as a machete, hacking through branches in the backyard... I'd feel the same way.

"What a waste." That's just my opinion.

When a cheaper, cruder instrument would suffice it makes me cringe a little to see destruction of an engineering marvel.

But that's our culture of excess, then isn't it?
Old 07-12-2007, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by GPMike,Jul 11 2007, 01:28 PM
It doesn't matter if you drive Ford Fusion or a Ferrari F430....if you drive like an a-hole in it on public roads.....bad things are bound to happen. How many times have we seen it on this very site?

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...pic=478659&hl=

I love seeing this picture. It makes me laugh everytime.

As for crashed exotics, it should be such that those who purchase these cars should be able to drive them properly. But they don't. It's their money and their life, not mine. All I can do is get upset because I cannot afford the exotics at this point in time.

Driving one around town probably isn't even that fun, unless one considers being seen as fun. And I'm sure that many of those buyers do consider that fun. That's their prerogative. I'd rather take it to the track.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:57 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Veteran sports-car connoisseur Michael Fux
How would you like to have that last name? If I could own all the cars he has I guess I'd be ok with it...
Old 07-13-2007, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by GPMike,Jul 11 2007, 10:28 AM
It doesn't matter if you drive Ford Fusion or a Ferrari F430....if you drive like an a-hole in it on public roads.....bad things are bound to happen. How many times have we seen it on this very site?

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...pic=478659&hl=

I say probably 90% of the timeits due to idiocy but 10% its due to the fact that sports cars are not driver friendly. I'm citing the example of the guy who drove his car in the freeway and hit the wire coil because his car was super low to the floor and crashed. Even with the 240 hp s2000 and my 140 hp non-turbo MR2, I'm not gonna say I haven't had my share of "rain drift" on accident. 500 hp makes it easier to spin thetires, even traction control may not save you.