Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Honda's (er, Acura's) NSX

Old 07-08-2005, 07:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do we really need to talk about the NSX over and over again?
Old 07-08-2005, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of course we do. The fanbois keep bringing it up.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The NSX was built to have an all around great performance. You're comparing a v6 290 hp to a vette's v8 engine which probably makes over 400 horses. Of course there is a big power difference but both corvette and NSX 0-60 times are in the 4 second margin. But the NSX was built in 1990 and back then, that was one of the fastest cars. Not only is it still fast, but the handling is superior over the corvette. Before you bash on a NSX, ride inside one.
Yours is a common excuse.

Newsflash, the Z06 is also an all around performer and faster in every measure of performance than the NSX and superior in the handling department, for less money.

Since day one the NSX has been outclassed by cars costing less, the ZR1 corvette and 3rd gen RX-7 come to mind.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:33 PM

lol the NSX is always in this car topic forum seriously.....
Old 07-08-2005, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by mintswack
The NSX was built to have an all around great performance.
And Corvettes are not?

But the NSX was built in 1990 and back then, that was one of the fastest cars.
So since it's is an antiquated, antediluvian, and outdated car we should accept its mediocre performance and pay $90k for it?

Not only is it still fast, but the handling is superior over the corvette.
Which Corvette? A C4? Maybe you can turn quicker lap times in Grand Turismo 4, but in the real world, any C6 Vette would hand a NSX its ass like Momma hands a fanboi his lunchbox before he rides the short bus every morning to school.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by TCKTPLZ,Jul 8 2005, 08:35 PM
Which Corvette? A C4? Maybe you can turn quicker lap times in Grand Turismo 4, but in the real world, any C6 Vette would hand a NSX its ass like Momma hands a fanboi his lunchbox before he rides the short bus every morning to school.
In a best handling driving test review between z06, Viper, Ferrari F355, Lotus Esprit, and Porsche 911 Carrera 4, the NSX came in second to the ferrari. Ever drive one? If you haven't, then you don't know anything.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:54 PM

The NSX is a great car.

Owned one and still miss it.

Yes it does cost a lot, but it is a truely hand built car that will run for a lot longer than any other exotic/supercar today. Nobody builds cars like that anymore today.

In today's world where you can get Evos, STI, M3s, etc. for a lot less the NSX is not what it used to be.

Hopefully Honda will get its shit together and come up with something that will continue in its foot steps.

Having owned many different cars I truely think that the NSX was my favorite. Easy to drive around town but will easily blast into action if you need it to. Still looks good IMO. Interior is very 90s though.

I really wish Steve C would drive one .... just once cause I am getting so tired of his NSX bashing....he really needs to get another job or something...maybe a job where he doesn't get yelled/reamed at all day so he has to take out his aggression out on people on the net. Or possibly a hobby of some sort.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mutlu,Jul 8 2005, 09:54 PM
I really wish Steve C would drive one .... just once cause I am getting so tired of his NSX bashing....he really needs to get another job or something...maybe a job where he doesn't get yelled/reamed at all day so he has to take out his aggression out on people on the net. Or possibly a hobby of some sort.
I think he said he was gonna rent one in Atlanta or something. Maybe he'll change his mind on the car, haha.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mutlu,Jul 8 2005, 11:54 PM
steve isn't the only one who thinks the NSX is not all that great for the money. If they started giving them away in cereal boxes, it would still be slower than any of the other cars in its class in every performance category. Seriously, that car is closing on 2 decades with essentially no changes beyond better headlights and new plugs. How is it that as the rest of the performance cars in the world get better, the NSX doesn't change, but the claimed performance still somehow goes up and up and up? It is a fantasy car that lives a better life in the minds of the fanbois than it does on the streets and tracks of America. No-one is suggesting it is a bad car, but c'mon. It has been more than long enough to design a replacement, yet none is forthcoming. Even the rumors of a replacement are ludicrous - rear engine driving the rear wheels with an electric motor driving the fronts, anyone?

I love how people think a 290 HP car can keep up with 500 hp cars that weigh the same and benefit from modern engineering "OMFGROFLLOL CF bodykit!!!one11!! it would be sooooo many kinds of fassssstnesses with an expensive bodykit!!!!" please. What that car needs is a big ass kick in the pants. Are Honda engineers seriously incapable of designing a high-revving V8 powerplant for maybe ten cars a year?!? You don't see any racing teams running a 1990 chassis with a new front bumper and "freshened" engine and coming out on top in a professional racing series, and there is a very real reason - time marches on, and if you don't constantly improve, you will get left behind, and badly.

Name one "sports car" car that costs 89 grand in US dollars and comes with a 250 hp engine? Besides an auto NSX, that is :/ If you have money falling out your ass, it ain't a bad deal. Well, yes, it still is, but people with that kind of money can lose touch with the real value of things. I'd buy a used one for $60K and like it, or tolerate a lease on a new one, but still have moments of remorse, personally. Especially when I get lit up by every Tom, Dick, and Harry with a modern car. How the hell is it an auto Accord can have a stronger powerplant than the flagship "supercar"?!?!? Lets not forget, it doesn't matter if it "handles real well," if it gets left like a turd in the bowl on any straight longer than the car? Short gears can only do so much. (If you want a cheap laugh, go to the Acura site, and select the "compare" option )

I've always liked the car, but seriously, it is some kind of practical joke to see 2005 on the window sticker. You just know the guy responsible for NSX engineering sits in his office with the lights out until everyone goes home for the day so he doesn't have to face the derision of the Accord engineers in the parking lot. Class reunions must be hell Talk about spinning your wheels for 15 years.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:13 AM

Received 81 Likes on 31 Posts

The raison d'etre of the NSX-R GT is to homologate parts for JGTC. Production volume is very low. I read in Road & Track Speed that only 5 road cars will be sold. With so few cars, value for money is pretty much irrelevant.

Quick Reply: Honda's (er, Acura's) NSX