Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

The Honda Ridgeline will start at $27,700

Old 03-03-2005, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Using pics taken from cars.yahoo.com:

...because I was bored...
Old 03-04-2005, 06:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrGTR,Mar 2 2005, 10:23 AM
So what do you drive that's better?
Dude, he drives a hardcore turbo japanese roadster...you know the pinacle of the automotive world...JDM indeed.

Good lord people. This "truck" is an f-ing rip off at almost 30k. It does nothing well and does a bunch of things OK. That's fine if the monkey costs around 18k, but it doesn't. It costs a bunch more. If you love buying the newest fad for over MSRP please do. But, while you are pissing on your money why don't you send me some.

And dont' get into who can afford this or who can afford that, unless you are Bill Gates someone has more money they you. The fact is SUV's and "grucks" (gay trucks as i like to call them) are recockulously priced and not worth the plastic and tinfoil most of them are made out of.

IF you have to "ride JDM till I DIE MUTHAPHUKA" ...GROW up!! The world is a big place lots of interesting stuff out there that isn't made only by the Japanese!! I have two japanese cars (both Hondas) because they fit the needs that I have the best at reasonable price points. I don't understand how the ridgeline fits into that ideology, but maybe for some it does...great. I think it sucks!!

"Thou shalt not covet stupid grucks! For the path to the gruck is filled with doilies and pink shirts, which doth anger the Lord!" s2kpdx 2:12
Old 03-04-2005, 06:52 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01,Mar 4 2005, 09:27 AM
Good lord people. This "truck" is an f-ing rip off at almost 30k. It does nothing well and does a bunch of things OK. That's fine if the monkey costs around 18k, but it doesn't. It costs a bunch more. If you love buying the newest fad for over MSRP please do. But, while you are pissing on your money why don't you send me some.
It tows 5000 lbs (more than enough for most people), is structurally more rigid and resistant to torsion than any other vehicle, has room for four very comfortably and five comfortably, can carry a 1000 lbs payload, can store goods in the bed or in the cab, and offers better fuel mileage than most trucks in the business (or SUVs, for that matter), and should offer a better day-to-day driving experience (in terms of handling and comfort together) than just about any pickup on the market.

What doesn't it do well? Tow 10000 lbs? It's not meant to. Otherwise, for a truck, it seems to me that it does most things very well and all others things better than any other truck.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:53 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Oh yeah - it definitely doesn't look good, though. If I bought one, it'd be because I needed a moderate pickup with great reliability, not because I needed a nice looking truck.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:38 PM

I stopped by Classic Honda @ lunch today just to satisfy my curiosity about it. Though I still won't say it's a beauty, it looks much better in person. The under-bed trunk is HUGE, it would be great for holding my gear bag, stand, and plenty of other stuff. The composite bed has built in rails for motorcycle tires, tie downs at different heights, and several lights. Plenty of room inside, too, and you can fit a mountain bike upright in the back w/ the rear seats folded up.

Although I really didn't have the time, the salesman offered a test drive - BIG MISTAKE! It drove awesome, more like an Accord than a pickup truck. I thought my Tundra had a nice ride, but it pales in comparison. It's really quiet and comfortable, and the ind. rear suspension really helps the ride and handling.

Anybody want to buy a used Tundra? J j/k I'll do my best to wait at least another year before trading my Tundra, but anybody looking for a
Old 03-04-2005, 03:11 PM

[QUOTE=Chris S,Mar 4 2005, 06:38 PM] I stopped by Classic Honda @ lunch today just to satisfy my curiosity about it. Though I still won't say it's a beauty, it looks much better in person. The under-bed trunk is HUGE, it would be great for holding my gear bag, stand, and plenty of other stuff. The composite bed has built in rails for motorcycle tires, tie downs at different heights, and several lights. Plenty of room inside, too, and you can fit a mountain bike upright in the back w/ the rear seats folded up.

Although I really didn't have the time, the salesman offered a test drive - BIG MISTAKE! It drove awesome, more like an Accord than a pickup truck. I thought my Tundra had a nice ride, but it pales in comparison. It's really quiet and comfortable, and the ind. rear suspension really helps the ride and handling.

Anybody want to buy a used Tundra? J j/k I'll do my best to wait at least another year before trading my Tundra, but anybody looking for a
Old 03-04-2005, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by squibb,Mar 4 2005, 04:11 PM
So is it dirtbike freindly ? Too bad you got rid of your CRFs ! How do you like your YZ or YZF ?
They've got a few ads showing dirtbikes, ATV's and the like in the bed...I'm sure it would be friendly
Old 03-04-2005, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Chris S,Mar 4 2005, 03:38 PM
It drove awesome, more like an Accord than a pickup truck. I thought my Tundra had a nice ride, but it pales in comparison. It's really quiet and comfortable, and the ind. rear suspension really helps the ride and handling.
See? I knew Honda wouldn't disappoint. There's more to cars (and trucks) than horsepower and torque.

Now, I gotta test drive one too! I didn't even realize it was out (the scheduled release was March 1, which was just 3 days ago).
Old 03-04-2005, 11:21 PM

I dont know why some people bashed the Ridgeline before test driving it. So far the feedbacks I read are mostly positive.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by squibb,Mar 4 2005, 06:11 PM
So is it dirtbike freindly ? Too bad you got rid of your CRFs ! How do you like your YZ or YZF ?
No, it's not too bad I got rid of my CRF's...I liked them, but the wrench/ride time ratio was way too high, and I started worrying that that CRF250 was a ticking time bomb (the valves went out shortly after I sold it, w/ less than 80 hrs.

My YZ250 (2 stroke) is incredible. It feels slightly lighter than the CRF250, but has near CRF450-ike power. It was a challenging beast to get used to, but is now way more exciting to ride than its predecessors...

Quick Reply: The Honda Ridgeline will start at $27,700