Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

The Honda Ridgeline will start at $27,700

Old 02-26-2005, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Feb 21 2005, 02:48 PM
Call the local Nissan dealers and quit hijacking this thread.

Oh, the Ridgeline sucks. Long live my Silverado.
Also, as for hijacking, would you recommend I start an entirely new thread for this topic?
Old 02-26-2005, 09:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2kRob,Feb 4 2005, 01:14 PM
The fact that people are saying this is not a real truck that can't haul anything and can't tow anything just goes to show how clueless and ignorant they really are.

I think it will be cheaper in Canada. I've heard $35k-$45k (CDN) which is quite respectable.
Ignoirant and clueless...definatly I Agree..... People need to move from the mindset that Full frame and V8 is not always better. Honda has proven with this truck that a unibody frame can be made stronger and more ridgid than a full framed 1/2 ton pickup. The V6 engine cranks out more than enough power than what most people are going to use the truck for. Towing 5000lbs is already impressive...... its towing capacity is on par with other 1/2 ton pickups.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ignoirant and clueless...definatly I Agree..... People need to move from the mindset that Full frame and V8 is not always better.
It is a better approach in trucks as a body on frame design allows for more bed area. This is not a point up for debate, it is a fact.

Towing 5000lbs is already impressive...... its towing capacity is on par with other 1/2 ton pickups.
No. The Tundra tows 6500, The avalanche 8000 pounds, The Titan and F150 also tow a hell of a lot more -- the Honda is at the back of the pack.

Ignoirant and clueless
Yep.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:35 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by steve c,Feb 26 2005, 12:48 PM
It is a better approach in trucks as a body on frame design allows for more bed area. This is not a point up for debate, it is a fact.
...In this instance, yes. Theoretically, not necessarily. It is possible to do a unibody pickup with just as big of a bed as a body-on-frame pickup. Honda just didn't do it with the Ridgeline.

The Ridgeline is a midsized pickup, really, not a fullsize. I wouldn't expect it to tow/pull/plow/push like a fullsized pickup. It will do great for what it was meant for - moderate towing with a lot of daily driving and occasional minor offroad usage.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:59 PM

Yep. Chrysler and now Land Rover are using the same approach in their SUV's. The last psuedo truck to go this route was the Jeep Commanche.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by steve c,Feb 9 2005, 01:06 AM
No, you present one off commentary based on zero actual off-road experience.

Come out to Colorado. I will get you drunk, you can get my Land Rover stuck, and we can have fun playing rock-paper-scissors as to who has to pull on the come-alongs. In the end we will both have fun and you will understand that the MDX would never have even gotten you within two miles of where the actual 4X4 got stuck -- not that the MDX is a bad vehicle -- because it is not.
I used to work for Land Rover and you are lucky you can even get anywhere with that piece of crap. Only an insecure idiot would buy it because of the status. I don't even know why it has status ! Up until BMW purcahsed them they were still using engine blocks from a 62 Buick and leaking oil everywhere! I have driven an MDX and a Land Rover at the proving grounds in Landover and the Land Rover doesn't even compare.........I do not care what they claim it is still the epitome of a overpriced hunk of SHIT !
Old 02-26-2005, 03:49 PM

You swept floors at a dealership, so now you are an expert. It is clear that you are talking from your ass -- you simply do not compare the off-road capabilities of a truck based SUV and a minivan based SUV .. ever.

For what its worth, the buick V8 that LandRover used for so many years is a bulletproof motor with a good following.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by squibb,Feb 26 2005, 04:19 PM
I used to work for Land Rover and you are lucky you can even get anywhere with that piece of crap. Only an insecure idiot would buy it because of the status. I don't even know why it has status ! Up until BMW purcahsed them they were still using engine blocks from a 62 Buick and leaking oil everywhere! I have driven an MDX and a Land Rover at the proving grounds in Landover and the Land Rover doesn't even compare.........I do not care what they claim it is still the epitome of a overpriced hunk of SHIT !
Someone who doesn't know what they're talking about
Old 02-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will sell because it is a HONDA. I know 3 people who will buy this car SOLELY because its a HONDA. They need a truck, and have owned hondas their whole lives. Many people dont even think about other cars. They have good experiences with a company, and stay there.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by steve c,Feb 26 2005, 07:49 PM
You swept floors at a dealership, so now you are an expert. It is clear that you are talking from your ass -- you simply do not compare the off-road capabilities of a truck based SUV and a minivan based SUV .. ever.

For what its worth, the buick V8 that LandRover used for so many years is a bulletproof motor with a good following.
You are right steve c the Land Rover is unparalleled in off road capabilities because they spend so much time in the shop they are never on the road in the 1st place.

Quick Reply: The Honda Ridgeline will start at $27,700