Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

The Honda Ridgeline will start at $27,700

Old 02-13-2005, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01' date='Feb 12 2005, 09:12 AM
No offense (you know how this is going to go), but you are the guy who was claiming 150 (or something close to that) at PIR on the back stretch which is flat out impossible in an S2000. About 5 people, much more knowledgable then you chimed in about how crazy that was and you still wouldn't admit that you might have been mistaken. If anyone has trouble dealing in facts it's you. If you think the AWD system of the MDX is somehow equal to the a true 4X4 sytem in a specialized off-road jeep or a D90...you are out of your mind.
Yup, Ill say what I said last time, bring your S2000 to the track and Ill show you how to actually drive it.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry Steve.
When I wrote "for those who do not need a full size truck but who need it's capabilities." I guess the fact that I stated "don't need a full size truck," could have been misconstrued to mean they do need a full size truck....And therefore when I added "but need it's capabilities," I should have drawn a picture of the Ridgeline so that you would know exactly which vehicle (from inference) I was referring to.

This thread has really dragged down your batting average eh!
Old 02-14-2005, 05:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by y2ks2k' date='Feb 14 2005, 07:07 AM
Yup, Ill say what I said last time, bring your S2000 to the track and Ill show you how to actually drive it.
like is said...dream world...dream world. I have always wondered what kind of person can just not admit they are ever wrong it looks like I have found him. Think about this for a second CART cars hit 180 on the back stretch at PIR and you hit 150 in your stock S2000....right....

And you will have to teach the other 4-5 people who were calling BS on you too. I live in Texas now or you bet I would be out this spring at summer with the BMW club in Portland. Please, someone who runs there invite the "Dreamer" out to a BMW day and show him how far off he is from reality.

First the S2000 and now the MDX is a sand dune buggy!! HAHAHAH
Old 02-14-2005, 05:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL.....saw an "older" magicwagon towing an older passat - using only a chain, no less - on the freeway last night.....
Old 02-14-2005, 06:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a base model old-ass dakota towing a ford bronco with one of those heavy duty tie straps.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:43 AM

Saw a Ridgeline on the back of a car carrier last week in the middle of a snowstorm. Must have been heading from the plant to the Toronto Convention Center where our autoshow starts this week.

Much bigger in person than I expected. Looking forward to seeing it.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:49 AM

Just for future reference, where does one mount their flag on an MDX if they plan on taking it out in the dunes? On the front bumper next to the winch?
Old 02-14-2005, 11:05 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

It's amazing how many people put down small trucks as toys. I'm guessing the majority of people here that are saying that you can't tow with anything less than a full size have never even towed anything.

I've got an 11 year old Ranger that has towed a 2000lb. car on a 1500lb. trailer for a total of 25000 miles. Sure it doesn't like big hills, but towing on big hills is a very small percentage of the overall miles on the truck. When I'm not towing, it fits nicely in my garage, gets decent gas milage on 87 octane. And makes an ideal winter vehicle. I have also plowed my 500 foot driveway for the last 11 years with this truck. (We average 100+ inches of snow here in a season.)

I don't haul anything real heavy in it, but every weekend I haul my trash and recyclables to the dump. I can't begin to tell you how much mulch and landscape stone I've hauled over the years! It's great for the occasional sheet of plywood or piece of furniture too. (All stuff that I prefer not to do without an open bed.)

The Ridgeline looks like it would be a great fit for how I use a truck. I see the locking trunk as a great innovation. The bed is a little shorter than my Ranger's, but you can lay a sheet of plywood flat in the Ridgeline, which I can't say about my truck. The independent rear suspension would be a huge improvement over the live axle on the local pot holes. And the HP and torque would be a big improvement over the Ranger, which has been satisfactory for my needs. The Ranger has 160 HP and 190 ft-lbs. of torque btw.

I'll seriously look at the Ridgeline when I replace my truck. About the only thing that will hold me back is the price. Not that I think it is that unreasonable, but I typically don't spend that much on a secondary utility vehicle.

Old 02-14-2005, 11:42 AM

im buying one
Old 02-14-2005, 12:39 PM

There will be a lot of Ridgelines at SEMA this year. Honda is the official featured manufacturer, and along with the new 06 Civic, the Ridgeline, TSX, RSX, Element and RL are the cars they will be emphasizing.

Can't wait to see them.

Quick Reply: The Honda Ridgeline will start at $27,700