Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Honda missing targets

Old 05-05-2015, 08:38 AM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by woodburn
It's official I think Tommy goes out of his way. Searches the Web just to find articles like this to downplay honda.
Nope, try again.

This was posted on the Suby forum. The only thing I search the web for is you sugar tits.
Next time change your Honda pampers.

http://forums.nasioc...d.php?t=2720440
Old 05-05-2015, 09:13 AM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

It's funny because 7-10 yrs ago people were starting to talk about Honda being boring not pushing the envelope etc. the defenders vigourously argued that Honda was fine and that its products were good enough etc and sales proved it. of course it would take a while to see who was right. Personally, I feel like Honda lost their mojo a bit, and are now attempting to get it back.

But, we are talking cars here; nothing changes overnight. If this is a real trend it will continue and get worse before it gets better. Look how long it took the big3 to become shells of themselves after they had stopped really trying, 20-30 yrs. and look how long it's taken to get back to anything resembling their best years. Honda is not immune to this same thing. They will be fine, I'm sure, but could be some down years coming up.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ealand0001
It's funny because 7-10 yrs ago people were starting to talk about Honda being boring not pushing the envelope etc. the defenders vigourously argued that Honda was fine and that its products were good enough etc and sales proved it. of course it would take a while to see who was right. Personally, I feel like Honda lost their mojo a bit, and are now attempting to get it back.
It does not look like they lost their mojo a bit it looks like they scrapped the whole playbook!
I remember a day I used to go by the dealership and see a CRX,Integra,Prelude,RSX,S2000, and maybe even an NSX . Now I go by the last few years and all I see is a Crosstour. Holy Nightmare Batman . What is that a Cross between the Pontiac Aztek and a AMC Pacer ???
I have seen horror movies not as scary as this!
It seems there is something bad going on because Toyota , Honda, and Mitsubishi all have crap lineups meaning low on fun cars and loaded to the gills with appliances . This is not a good trend!
Old 05-05-2015, 03:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Honda has definitely messed up with their vehicle lineups. I'm reminded of this every time they send me something in the mail, "check out the all new civic, accord, passport, etc." I just look at the brochures like "but I bought a s2000 though, why an earth would I like these cars?" Smh
Old 05-07-2015, 07:01 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by LDfavoriteson
Honda has definitely messed up with their vehicle lineups. I'm reminded of this every time they send me something in the mail, "check out the all new civic, accord, passport, etc." I just look at the brochures like "but I bought a s2000 though, why an earth would I like these cars?" Smh
Yup. Sportiest thing they have is civic si or 2 door accord.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:47 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

A significant hit to Honda's recent profits was due to the port strikes. It tremendously increased their costs and caused some serious delays. People ended up on waiting lists for Accords and CR-Vs due to supply issues.

Signed,

Honda Shareholder
Old 05-13-2015, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't think of a current Honda that I would be interested in. They all look ugly, especially the Fits and Civics. I went from an RSX to 993 to S2000 and would love another Honda. We are about to shop for a new car and an older MDX is the only Honda I can think of. The minivans at least seem nice inside.

I am hopeful with their F1 entrance and upcoming NSX they come back to making quick good looking cars again.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken1997tl
A significant hit to Honda's recent profits was due to the port strikes. It tremendously increased their costs and caused some serious delays. People ended up on waiting lists for Accords and CR-Vs due to supply issues.

Signed,

Honda Shareholder
If this is true it doesn't matter to these guys. They will skip right over your post and complain.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:47 AM

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverstreak HX
It seems there is something bad going on because Toyota , Honda, and Mitsubishi all have crap lineups meaning low on fun cars and loaded to the gills with appliances . This is not a good trend!

Although I share your sentiment... Toyota just posted their third straight year of record profits. Why make cool/enthusiast cars when you can make money instead?
Old 05-14-2015, 07:38 AM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by rwheelz
Originally Posted by Silverstreak HX' timestamp='1430854602' post='23602501

Although I share your sentiment... Toyota just posted their third straight year of record profits. Why make cool/enthusiast cars when you can make money instead?

Because Toyota doesn't really have an image problem per se, and they're well diversified and established in every bucket. Want a small truck, tacoma, want an suv? 4runner. Want to go on the rubicon? FJ. Want to pull up to the golf club and show off, LS. Want to be a tree hugging hipster? Which prius do you want? And they do target all sorts of enthusiasts, they have fwiw the 86, the F badge cars, and the LFA, not to mention they have trucks and the off road fj. I will say I'm unimpressed with their sportier cars, but for the other emotional purchases (think those folks who love off roading, camping, or love luxury cars) they nailed it. And their brand is still strong, why else would anyone look twice at a corolla or even the new camry where the accord and sonata are clearly better. Toyota took way more risks over the last two decades than Honda ever did, and their profits show. Honda still doesn't make a production V8, or a body on frame truck which is the #1 selling vehicle in the largest market.
Honda presents value, not emotion. You buy an Acura because it gives you more for your money based on what you're paying for on paper, it's reliable which saves you money, and then you accept that a fwd car is more fun to drive than a rwd/awd car. You buy a Lexus because yes you want value and it's a Lexus. You don't buy an Acura because it's an Acura, well maybe the MDX.