Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Honda Element

Old 03-12-2005, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Element

I'm curious about the Honda Element. I heard they are pretty nice, roomy and get good gas mileage. Has anybody driven one? Do they have any pep at all? I was wondering if mods are available for them?

Maybe I will go test drive one.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mods?? jeezz....
it's a cheaper, lighter, trendy looking mini-van. It is built on the CRV platform. My friend has one I drive in it or drive it very often. It's a nice driving car...it feels like a honda. He got his for about the same price as a nicely equippd civic...it's a much better deal. It's not fast, but it has enough pep to be just fine on the freeway or in town.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:49 AM

unless, you like the looks or the "versatility/utility" of the element, then i'd personally prefer the crv. it drives basically like a crv. it's not a bad car, but it's not great either.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by VTEC_Junkie,Mar 12 2005, 02:49 PM
unless, you like the looks or the "versatility/utility" of the element, then i'd personally prefer the crv. it drives basically like a crv. it's not a bad car, but it's not great either.
What I noticed about the new CRV's though is they are alot more expensive then the element. And since the element is pretty much the same car, but with more room, unless you just can't get over the looks it's a better buy.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:22 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely more leg room for the driver in the Element. Also in the upper models a much nicer stereo.
One major drawback though is the rubberized floor in the winter. You put your first foot in with any snow on your shoes and you might be singing soprano for a few weeks.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:32 AM

Thanks for the feedback. The roominess is a factor I like. Looks like you could sleep in it if you wanted to. Regarding snow and ice making the floor slippery, that usually isn't a big problem for us here in S. Florida. I don't really find it that ugly. I guess it is though, huh?
Old 03-12-2005, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by IndianRiverS2k,Mar 12 2005, 05:26 AM
I'm curious about the Honda Element. I heard they are pretty nice, roomy and get good gas mileage. Has anybody driven one? Do they have any pep at all? I was wondering if mods are available for them?

Maybe I will go test drive one.
I had one as a rental. It was ridiculously roomy and had all the cargo space I could ever need. I didn't really pay attention to the gas mileage but as it lacked any oomph at all, I can't imagine it burns a lot of fuel...
Old 03-12-2005, 10:19 AM

My girlfriend just bought an 05 EX 4wd so I can give you a few impressions! First the visibility to the drivers side and rearward is not good so one must be cautious backing up. I installed a large spot mirror for the drivers side blind spot and that cured that problem. First tank mileage was 24 mpg for the 5 speed manual. The 270 watt stereo seems pretty good for a factory unit and the 05 comes with standard XM satelite radio. Lots of room,lots of unusual storage spaces,very practical, and should make a very good all weather buggy.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:04 AM

Yes Silverstreak, I wanted to know if the upgraded stereo is worth it? If I were to purchase an Element, I would be undecided on getting an EX or LX. What other options make the EX worth it?
Old 03-12-2005, 12:40 PM

Can anyone comment on the stability (highway manners) while driving on the freeway? It looks like it might be susceptible to unplanned lane changes due to wind gust?

Any experiences ?

Ryan

Quick Reply: Honda Element