Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

HONDA CANCELS NEW NSX!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=nfty,Dec 17 2008, 05:18 PM] ^^^^ The G37 coupe and the GT-R are GT cars.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:29 PM

Not surprised really. Maybe now they will stop bragging about their racing heritage even though they haven't done shit for a long time.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:33 PM

the Automotive industry is dying...
Honda pulls out of F1
Subaur pulls out of WRC
Honda cancels next Generation NSX
What is next, I dont want to know...
Old 12-17-2008, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Aze85,Dec 17 2008, 04:55 PM
wow.... sorry but that is bullshit. you gotta be joking. i know you are trying to prove your point, but u sound like a moron claiming such small stupid crap like "it has a back seat"

just bc they have a back seat doesnt mean crap. porsches have back "seats" and they are sports cars. the gtr is a sports car.

hot hatches are not sports cars.

dont mean to start shit, but youre being ridiculous
That's fine by me, but I think you'll find most car people consider sports cars 2-seaters only.

I agree sh*t, I had a Supra and that's a GT car, not a sports car too (just like the GT-R, the G35/37 coupe, and the 911 Porsche -- non GT3 models).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_tourer

[QUOTE]
A grand tourer (Italian: gran turismo), (initialised GT), is a high-performance automobile designed for long-distance driving. Any such car could be considered a grand tourer, but the traditional and most common body style is the two-door coup
Old 12-17-2008, 02:47 PM

Even more from the article...

Grand tourers differ from typical sports cars (e.g. Lotus Elise, Porsche 911) in that they are usually larger, heavier (sometimes more than 3,500 lb (1,600 kg)), and tend to make less compromise in comfort for the sake of driving ability. For this reason, most have front-mounted engines, which leave more space for the cabin than mid-mounted engines. They tend to have softer suspensions to provide good ride quality. They also provide bigger storage space and more accessories. However, grand tourers do have similarities with sports cars, such as their use mainly of rear- or four-wheel drive, and the term sports car may be used to describe a car with grand touring qualities. Very high-performance grand tourers, such as the Aston Martin DB9, Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, Nissan GT-R and the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, may be considered to be supercars.
OINK OINK!
Old 12-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Banned

You guys really need to read up on the automotive financial and sales reports before complaining so much. They are a business to make money, especially so for the stockholders, and they will cut whatever unnecessary things they can to save money. A new supercar in this economy doesn't make sense to them right now, so they need to can that idea. Perhaps once the world economy turns around, they will get back to that idea.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Green Tea,Dec 17 2008, 03:29 PM
Not surprised really. Maybe now they will stop bragging about their racing heritage even though they haven't done shit for a long time.
Dude, Honda has been involved in more racing venues than any company on Earth, automotive or otherwise. From motorcycles to cars to boats to...
Old 12-17-2008, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Yellow_S,Dec 17 2008, 06:00 PM
You guys really need to read up on the automotive financial and sales reports before complaining so much. They are a business to make money, especially so for the stockholders, and they will cut whatever unnecessary things they can to save money. A new supercar in this economy doesn't make sense to them right now, so they need to can that idea. Perhaps once the world economy turns around, they will get back to that idea.
I know it's the right thing to do financially, but it doesn't make it sting any less!

Old 12-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nfty,Dec 17 2008, 04:18 PM
I know it's the right thing to do financially, but it doesn't make it sting any less!
We all wanna see a Honda supercar, even though most can't afford it. But it is what it is, Honda (and all other automakers) is cutting their sales and profit figures for next year. Hell, GM and Chrysler are hoping to survive the next few weeks. That's how bad the auto industry is facing these days. Even Toyota is expecting their worst times ever.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:35 PM

^^^^ I almost bought an '02 a few years back, but went another direction instead. I sort of regret it now.

Quick Reply: HONDA CANCELS NEW NSX!