Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

HONDA CANCELS NEW NSX!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:53 AM
d.h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito,Dec 17 2008, 10:34 AM
Honda: "Always a day late and performance short."

All they want to sell is cookie cutter automobiles to the masses. /Next
As much as I like to see a new NSX, the timing couldn't be any worst.

Sure, they can pour in bunch of money to make a car that not many people will buy into and have some bragging rights.....

Or

Make bunch of money with the practical cars right now and wait for the time is right to come out with the "halo" car. Right now, its all about survival and not bragging rights. The big 3 has bunch of bragging rights. Hemis, ZR1...etc. Look where it got them. Like I always say, when time is bad, save up your arsenal and have the firing power when the time comes. Don't let pride get the best of you.

People can say Toyota and Honda are making bunch of boring cars. At least they don't have to be like a dog and beg for money,..... along with the public opinions. I know they are at least on the right track. If anyone have been to Japan, the streets are filled with Honda fits and their version of the Scion xA. They are everywhere.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by nfty,Dec 17 2008, 08:43 AM
GT-R is about as exciting as a automatic 80s Camaro on the street. It doesn't even have a man pedal.

The 370Z is a glimmer of hope that Nissan isn't totally retarded, but then again it will do rev-matched downshifting for you --- What a bonus!!! (NOT!!!! I like to chew my own steak before I eat it. I don't need it "pre-chewed" for my convenience.)

At least Nissan still makes a sportscar (Fairlady), not so much will be said of Toyota and now Honda

Honda bikes? Old engines? I assume you're not much into bikes nor realize how Honda has rebuilt bikes like say the 600RR from the ground up in 2007 and been pwning the competition in industry shootouts since?
Funny coming from someone driving a prechewed electric assisted mush steering power ABS Honda with a fuel injected engine and some of that funny variable cam crap for nancy boys who can't handle a bit of rough idle.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:56 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by nfty,Dec 17 2008, 12:43 PM
GT-R is about as exciting as a automatic 80s Camaro on the street. It doesn't even have a man pedal.

The 370Z is a glimmer of hope that Nissan isn't totally retarded, but then again it will do rev-matched downshifting for you --- What a bonus!!! (NOT!!!! I like to chew my own steak before I eat it. I don't need it "pre-chewed" for my convenience.)
GT-r is auto only, but I think the NSX replacement was going to be auto-only as well. Also, The rev match can be turned off with a button in the 370Z - Nissan has stayed more true to sports cars than any other Japanese manufacturer.

Personally, I'm waiting for the 370Z convertible. If it doesn't look as lame as the 350, it could be a great S2000 replacement.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:59 AM

Honda is cutting down big time, pulled out of F1 and AMA races and now canceled the NSX? that's bull$**t
Old 12-17-2008, 08:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's pleb cars from here on in. With the usual Si model sprinkled around.

Type-Rs will stay @ home, why ship something that might not sell or cost too much...

As always, the staples will be Nissan and Subaru. Some of you may know but Subaru will slowly be the Toyota 'performance' brand that has been missing.

Mitsu, well they're not doing too well here. Might be the perfect excuse to close up shop. They've already started saying goodbye down under (AUS).
Old 12-17-2008, 08:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol, there'll be a pool of s2k owners jamming into Nissan forums. HAHA
Old 12-17-2008, 08:17 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by carrera4,Dec 17 2008, 10:20 AM
"In order for Honda to sustain its business during the next 100 years of the automotive industry, it is critical for the company to further strengthen its ability to continue advancing environmental technologies and to apply them to creative and attractive products."

This is where money will be spent.
What other car company has a planning horizon of 100 years? American manufacturers (including GM with their often lauded Cobalt SS) are worried about next month. Good or bad for sport enthusiasts, but Honda is doing what they need to in order to survive.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad news for sure, but not at all a surprise.
Honda has their tail between their legs and is running away as evidenced by their jumping out of F1.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carrera4,Dec 17 2008, 11:20 AM
"In order for Honda to sustain its business during the next 100 years of the automotive industry, it is critical for the company to further strengthen its ability to continue advancing environmental technologies and to apply them to creative and attractive products."

This is where money will be spent.

And here is my reply...

Old 12-17-2008, 08:25 AM

Those car companies that are capable of surviving while making sports cars will reap immense benefits from enthusiasts.

Quick Reply: HONDA CANCELS NEW NSX!