Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

HONDA CANCELS NEW NSX!

Old 12-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris S,Dec 17 2008, 06:17 PM
I know, but Yellow S was explaining why you should have bought an '02 (AP1) S2000.
Yeah, and he happens to have an '01 S below his avatar, so I thought he meant buying an '02 S, which had some nicer upgrades, especially the glass window.

On another note, Honda is reporting a loss of operating profit (not net profit) for the first time in over a decade. Honda has never had a loss of net profit in its entire history, but it may happen in the near future. That's how bad it is.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:49 PM

I would hope that once the economy stabilizes they would eventually be able to put some money into some new sports car R&D. I can see the disappointment on not keeping the enthusiasts happy. However I would rather have them make these tough decisions now, focus on some new ideas and new markets and allow them to grow. So when things to stabilize maybe then they can focus some R&D towards making a truly worthy replacement to the S2000 or NSX. I know my S2000 isn't broken and have no real need for anything else at the moment, while I am disappointed they are moving away from that portion of the market for now. I could only imagine that with the cuts they are making now they and keeping the business profitable they may reward the enthusiasts by releasing something great in the future. This is just my hope though I like to stay optimistic.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by nfty,Dec 17 2008, 03:47 PM
Even more from the article...

OINK OINK!
I love the retard style self-own there.
"911 is not a sports car except GT3" followed immediately by "GTs are pigs unlike sports cars like the 911".
Old 12-17-2008, 10:54 PM
.MM

you guys need to chill the **** out!

honda isnt going anywhere and they arent canceling all their sports cars.

honda has never been the peak of performance for cars anyway...

they always have been the underdog that could compete or make the competition think twice.

the nsx used to hang with 500hp supercars on the track.

The s2000 and cars like the ITR, are all about the fun and driiving feel and hondas world class engines. they are about handling and lightness and everything that makes honda.

nissan will never be honda. nissan may have some new sports cars, but quite frankly...the 370z is nothing that special, nor is the GTR.

neither car is as fun as a modded s2000, nsx or ITR.

stop focusing on stats and numbers and focus on what matters.

honda is making decisions to stay in business and im sure once the economy comes back and shit is flowing normally, a lot of these sports cars and concepts will return or new ones will come out.

in the 80's everyone started going to gas saving 4 bangers and shit....and everything turned out fine. In fact, it started a whole new generation of cars.

and so will this
Old 12-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honda, unlike a lot of other car manufacturers, is in it to make money. If they see potential elsewhere, they will take it. It's not like Honda needs a halo car. They will dump their R&D money into hydrogen technology, and be the first to mass market a hydrogen civic (like the FCX) and will make money hand over fist.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is sad but was bound to happen hopfully there will still be a light at the end of the sports car tunnel for honda
Old 12-18-2008, 02:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Saddened but not surprised

I hope that the talent that was used in F1 and the cancelled NSX project will be injected into something that will get me excited about; and is also affordable (under 40K)
Old 12-18-2008, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Malloric,Dec 18 2008, 01:13 AM
I love the retard style self-own there.
"911 is not a sports car except GT3" followed immediately by "GTs are pigs unlike sports cars like the 911".
Awesome, speaking of retardation, I guess misattributing two statements made by two different sources to one person is something even retarded people won't do.

So what does that make you? Self-own? Look in the mirror there tough guy.

I said: "I agree sh*t, I had a Supra and that's a GT car, not a sports car too (just like the GT-R, the G35/37 coupe, and the 911 Porsche -- non GT3 models)." - the GT3 doesn't have back seats.

The Wiki article has one inconsistency: "Grand tourers differ from typical sports cars (e.g. Lotus Elise, Porsche 911) in that they are usually larger, heavier (sometimes more than 3,500 lb (1,600 kg)), and tend to make less compromise in comfort for the sake of driving ability."

Anyone who has ever seen a standard 911 (Carrera, Carrera S4, Turbo, Cab, Turbo Cab) and a GT3 know that the GT3 is very bare by comparison and makes no accomodations for comfort compared to the non-GT3 models.... which includes not having any rear seats.

Now what is your point Malloric? Are you some kind of passive-aggressive trying to hinge entire arguments on a minor detail? (Let me guess, you'd try to get out of speeding tickets because they got the model year wrong on your car? LOL!)

Or are you a closet Nissan fanboi hiding out in an S2000 forum?

Neither are really appealing options, IMO.

And there is no question that you're behaving like a "little dog" aka a "Me-Too"... since your comment comes from out of left field:
http://www.politicsforum.org/images/flame_...rs/flame_02.php

PS: The GT2 also does not have any rear seats. I should've said non GT models. Ironically the Porsches with "GT" in their names are the actual sportscars and the ones without are truly touring cars with superior performance.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think things like the Tesla will be the future.

I'd rather they cancel the s3000.... from the looks of it, and the info given it has ovaries.

I hate they did this to the NSX, breaks my heart.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=.MM,Dec 17 2008, 11:54 PM]

The s2000 and cars like the ITR, are all about the fun and driiving feel and hondas world class engines.

Quick Reply: HONDA CANCELS NEW NSX!