Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Honda to build '07 Mugen Si Sedan

Old 11-07-2006, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GPMike,Nov 3 2006, 02:50 PM
LOL all you making fun.....you do realize not only will these be sold before they get here....dealers are gonna make a nice profit off of them with markups.
Sure....there's a sucker born every minute. You're not part of that club are you? Honestly, open up the blinds and let the sunshine of reality come pourin in. First of all, it looks like a frumpy, humpy pile of dump. You get absolutely no power upgrades except for a "Fancy Mugen Exhaust" and there's probably a 'sticker option package' that gives you another 5hp. Don't be a sucker to marketing gimmicks. You're paying 10k for cosmetics...and that brings me to the grand finale....

Definition of Rice: ALL SHOW, NO GO!

p.s. Need I remind you of all the better alternatives...used Evo, used STI, 350Z, used S2k, MazdaSpeed3...the list goes on and on.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Hoth,Nov 7 2006, 11:49 AM
Geeze....sometimes I wonder if the forum has minimum age/maturity requirement for posting.
its really sad to see where this forum is going, at light speed.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by porschefan1013,Nov 7 2006, 02:08 PM
Sure....there's a sucker born every minute. You're not part of that club are you? Honestly, open up the blinds and let the sunshine of reality come pourin in. First of all, it looks like a frumpy, humpy pile of dump. You get absolutely no power upgrades except for a "Fancy Mugen Exhaust" and there's probably a 'sticker option package' that gives you another 5hp. Don't be a sucker to marketing gimmicks. You're paying 10k for cosmetics...and that brings me to the grand finale....

Definition of Rice: ALL SHOW, NO GO!

p.s. Need I remind you of all the better alternatives...used Evo, used STI, 350Z, used S2k, MazdaSpeed3...the list goes on and on.
What do you care if people opt to purchase a tricked out, overpriced, mugen civic si over a similarly priced and faster EVO, WRX, or MS3?

On a side note, I find it interesting that a Porsche fan would post that comment considering that a 911 seems to fall into the same category as the Mugen Si when compared to the alternatives (C6, Z06, and Viper).
Old 11-07-2006, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Nov 7 2006, 12:31 PM
its really sad to see where this forum is going, at light speed.
Says the person registered over a year and a half after me....yeah you're old school. Man back in the good ol' days this forum was the coolest. All these newbies are ****ing it up.

Give me a break, just because some think your JDM Civic is nothing more than to part a fool from his money doesn't mean the forum is going to hell in a handbasket. But then again, if it's sooooo bad you're always free to leave.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Flocito,Nov 7 2006, 03:15 PM
Says the person registered over a year and a half after me....yeah you're old school. Man back in the good ol' days this forum was the coolest. All these newbies are ****ing it up.

Give me a break, just because some think your JDM Civic is nothing more than to part a fool from his money doesn't mean the forum is going to hell in a handbasket. But then again, if it's sooooo bad you're always free to leave.
thank God for the ignore button.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Nov 7 2006, 03:36 PM
thank God for the ignore button.
Translation: I can't defend why it's a good idea to pay 30K for this car, therefore I will ignore members, live in my JDM fantasy world, and complain about the downfall of the S2ki Car Talk Forum.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by AbusiveWombat,Nov 7 2006, 03:11 PM
What do you care if people opt to purchase a tricked out, overpriced, mugen civic si over a similarly priced and faster EVO, WRX, or MS3?

On a side note, I find it interesting that a Porsche fan would post that comment considering that a 911 seems to fall into the same category as the Mugen Si when compared to the alternatives (C6, Z06, and Viper).
I don't know if you're on my side or not.

But yes, you're right. A 911 is nothing more than an old economy car (compared to those other high quality cars you mentioned...need I mention Porsche is ranked #1 in quality) w/ a bunch of all show, no go add ons...tacky wings, fancy wheels, a few cool little badges. Gimme a break. A $90k 997 911S can and will hand it to a $50k C6, give an $85k Viper a run for its money, and as for the Z06, that's in supercar territory and for the price, it's untouchable...I have nothing negative at all to say about it, other than the roof flies off sometimes.

If you want to bring up 911's, Porsche does offer "special" versions just like the Mugen turd Civic...they're called the GT3, GT3 RS, and GT2 and Turbo...only difference is, they whoop every competitors ass within $100k save the mighty Z06.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:23 PM

yeah, if a 911S isnt handing it to a Z06 it isn't handing it to a Gen3 viper either. The performance between the Z06 and viper is small.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:34 PM

I tend to think that honda is one of the fastest growing car makers because they build great well made cars (and other forms of transportation) not because someone in market reserch has the great idea to build a " tunner civic"....... Oh and a drift element ??? I say again Honda Of America does not get it!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 03:40 PM

[QUOTE=s2kpdx01,Nov 7 2006, 04:23 PM] yeah, if a 911S isnt handing it to a Z06 it isn't handing it to a Gen3 viper either.

Quick Reply: Honda to build '07 Mugen Si Sedan