Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Honda brings us a new level of ugly

Old 09-30-2010, 05:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Honda brings us a new level of ugly

My 2¢
This is the ugliest minivan I have ever seen
The side window shape is pointless and has no flow or grace, and then the chrome strip is horrible because it draws your eye right into the ugly.

I know most of us are not minivan fans in general, but come on, this thing is just the ugliest of the ugly...
Old 09-30-2010, 05:06 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doug, you are on point. I shared a mobile pic on Facebook about 3 days ago and claimed it as "gross."

Honda is killing their models...and even worse...their BREAD 'n BUTTER models.

I can't even think of one car they refreshed that looks better than the previous model.

I have so many complaints on the new Odyssey...not to mention the MPG doesn't fair ANY better than the previous gen. WTF is going on in Torrance?
Old 09-30-2010, 05:10 AM

Raul, the end is near, and we are looking right at it...

At some point people are going to wake up and not buy Honda based upon the name, and they are then going to have to open their eyes, and wow, when that happens they are going to see nothing but crap.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:19 AM

Might not be a looker, but the fact of the matter is that it'll still be the most functional van in its class, and Honda will still sell hundreds of thousands of them to families all over the world.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:37 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,862 Likes on 2,074 Posts

Originally Posted by aeonracer,Sep 30 2010, 09:19 AM
Might not be a looker, but the fact of the matter is that it'll still be the most functional van in its class, and Honda will still sell hundreds of thousands of them to families all over the world.
This is true to a degree, but in the previous models it had the looks to go with it. This one is just plain ugly.

I would've easily bought the previous generation without batting an eye, but this is horrendous. I didn't realize Honda hired Bangle.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Photos from my home town...I wouldn't say ugly, I think it's Nissan-ish for sure. How's the interior? I bet that looks fine. Though, I bet it looks ugly parked next to a "Swagger Wagon".
Old 09-30-2010, 05:51 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

We got in the new odyssey's last night... I love it, a good update, not feeling the wheels much. I like the dark gray found on the touring models.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:33 AM

It's really a shame blind people can't drive, because if they could, Honda would have the perfect market segment to go after.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks pretty ugly to me. What's the demogrphic Honda is going for with this car, funeral homes?
Old 09-30-2010, 06:34 AM

There is NO WAY I will ever get to a point where I decide that my aesthetics are no longer important, I will NEVER buy an ugly vehicle just because it comes from a good manufacturer.

I think it is downright sad when people are so brand loyal that they cannot take a step back and see the product for what it is. The 2011 Odyssey is ugly. Will it be a great performer from a functionality point of view? Yes. But for me, that will never be enough. Bad design is bad design and I would never be able to look at a bad design for years upon years in my driveway and convince myself I like the vehicle because of it's functionality.

Quick Reply: Honda brings us a new level of ugly