Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

H2 - group drive -

Old 05-10-2004, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get an s2k!! (from an UNBIASED opinion )

from a performance "black-box" perspective, the miata looks quite promising and maybe worth considering. it's about time they put a little more power to make it more competitive and the engineers managed to do it keeping the weight the same another peeve about this car was its chassis stiffness, something i wish they could quantify and publicize the number on car specs (too bad they don't). it was obvious when driving it it wasn't anywhere near as rigid as the s2k. this is also upgraded.

the miata has always been a great handling car (very low center of gravity, relatively light) and now one of its main weaknesses (IMO) has been addressed

p.s. we don't actually have a power door lock button, but it's definitely one thing that probably would have made things a little more convenient.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by daabc
but waiting a year and a half for the GXP model and a powered top (i'm lazy), i rather go with the S2000......same goes for the miata....don't want to wait to see what the NC will look like next year.

figured the S2000 should be fast enough and handle well enough for my driving needs and it's a roadster like i wanted.......right now i just need to practice driving a stick
Old 05-10-2004, 07:42 PM

jankemi - you're falling outside the parameters of comparison again. I follow your logic on consistent dislike for all vehicles, but all those on your list have a very high utility value versus an H2 or exotic car. My original argument used gas mileage as only one point in my reasoning for dislike of the H2. More important is the general nuisance the H2 (and other extra-large vehicles) present to other (and the majority of) drivers. Use of the H2 is the easiest/most illustrative of this point.

In response to an earlier point
Old 05-10-2004, 08:42 PM

happs22: imagine you have the ability to buy a ferrari, Lambo , bentley, enzo, etc.....i'm pretty sure you would do it.......say you win the lottery or something

which means you are willing to buy and drive a 10 mpg car if giving the opportunity,........now can you really criticize the H2 if you are willing to drive a 10 mpg car (even though it's not the H2), if you do it means your a hyprocrit...;-)..."winK"

that's the point i was trying to make.

anyways, ya i'm pretty much set on the S2000 (yellow hopefully)....;-)...."winK"

i sat in the Mr2, miata, s2000 at the LA auto show already......

Personally i find that the miata fits me like a glove.....but i'm lazy and i don't like the manual top. I thought people were exaggerating about the Mr2 lack of trunk space and such....but omg the owners wasn't joking. My glove compartment is bigger then that "trunk"

I have an idea of what the solstice will "feel" like just because my family owns a number of GM cars.....so i know i will probably like it and such.....BUT the supercharge GXP models aren't available immediatly, neither is the suppose powered top (same with the NC miata)......and i definetly don't want to wait a year and a half unless i have too...

you should hear my friend suggestions for a 2 seater "roadster".....buy a mustang gt convertible, take out the back seat...;-)
Old 05-10-2004, 09:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by daabc
Old 05-10-2004, 11:54 PM

ya...he wanted to put some subs/speakers where the seats would have been

and i was..."i don't want to be def u kno...;-)"
Old 05-11-2004, 11:35 PM

The fuel economy part is only one part. The main issue is how H2's pretty much suck at everything (except cause death and destruction), especially so for the price. A vehicle designed with ignorance towards most developments in automotive technology/performance.

From what my driving psychology book tells me, people who have a poor sense of identity (insecure) can drive, and buy, in certain ways to 'be someone. Being like someone (successful rap artists perhaps? That cool guy or girl in the commercial? Or a race driver from some movie or motorsport?)

People who rarely feel biggest, strongest, most beautiful etc see traffic and cars as a way to be those things, to be someone. And yes, people are aware of this, and that is why they call buying unwarranted capacity vehicles as trying to make up for a small penis (which, apparently, can in many cases really be true).

[QUOTE]6 weeks after his purchase he called me and told me a story. . . about how he rear-ended a Chevy Cavalier. The car in front of the Cav had hit the brakes hard. The Cav did the same and stopped. He followed suit and came to a stop as well. . . about 10 feet AFTER the Cavalier
Old 05-11-2004, 11:52 PM

too much reading......

i've diagnosed myself as having ADD....i don't like reading that much...;-)...."wink"

Anyways...i prefer roadters now and motorcycles because i like the sun, wind and power. It's in my nature to enjoy these things cuz i grew up walking/running for track, cross country, competing, etc...;-)....some of my happiest times comes from the soft warm sun and wind carressing my body and that is what i crave.....and i want a roadster/motorcyle to reflect that.........that's my psychological reason for wanting a S2000...;-)

as for SUV's and such,...

most people probably see SUV's as a multipurpose vehicle.....capable of being a family vehicle, van, hauling furniture, etc.

that makes it easily understandable why the H2 is a big seller.....

anyways, i'm pissed now....i just realized i made a date tomorrow night (wednesday).....and i'm gonna miss "smallville" and "angel"!!!!!!

Kara gonna be on smallville!!!....somebody definetly messed up......cuz supergirl isn't suppose to show up this early!!

yes....girl is more important then a tv show....but i'm wierd and very random....
Old 05-12-2004, 08:30 AM

Originally posted by daabc
too much reading......

i've diagnosed myself as having ADD....i don't like reading that much...;-)...."wink"
Too bad, you missed one hell of a post.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

Just for the sake of arguement, a regular modern turbo diesel city bus get about 8 mpg in stop and go city traffic and can carry aboput 60 people. An articulated city bus (the kind that look like an accordian in the middle) get about 7 mpg in the same traffic and carry about 90 people.

I think argueing that an H2, suburban, tahoe, excursion, etc carrying four peole and getting 10 mpg as being a model of efficiency is pretty ridiculous.

You could make the same arguement about an S2000 carrying 2 people and getting 30 mpg still does not measure up to a bus, but it would still be 50% more efficient that the H2.

If the government relaxed some of the particulate matter regulations on passenger diesels, you would find that an H2 could probably get about 20mpg and people would be less likely to have a problem with them. I have read that there is a Jeep Grand Cherokee variant in europe that has a Daimler turbo diesel engine in it and get 32 highway. The engine does not meet us regs.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by Russian
Too bad, you missed one hell of a post.
yup, some good points and some very good points. helped me review my line of reasoning too...why didn't i think of those arguments?

made me laugh, but i don't know if i can agree with this and some of the beginning though:

[QUOTE]
And yes, people are aware of this, and that is why they call buying unwarranted capacity vehicles as trying to make up for a small penis

Quick Reply: H2 - group drive -