Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

H2 - group drive -

Old 05-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a H2...
Old 05-09-2004, 07:31 PM

Remember this:

http://www.fuh2.com
Old 05-09-2004, 07:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jankemi
Old 05-09-2004, 07:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by daabc
CBeyond:
Old 05-09-2004, 09:58 PM

Again......

basically there aren't a lot of lambo's and Bently on the road because people can't afford them......not because they don't want to...

the demand for thsoe cars are definetly there

If those cars cost $30,000 and are mass produced,.....people will buy them in a heartbeat...u just said u would buy an enzo yourself.

The H2 sell well is because it iss relatively "rare",....combine with it's ability to haul a lot of people (like family members) and it is definetly safer in a car crash (safer for the children) the H2 is a perfect combo for Rich people....;-)....it acts as a "mini-van", can go camping, etc.....

Rich people don't care about MPG......

Now stop hating the SUV,....and start hating the Rich...;-).....i know in your hear that's who you really hating...;-)....that and u know there car is "bigger" then yours...."wink"
Old 05-10-2004, 03:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

H2 is an abomination, just like the PT Cruiser.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:22 AM

Originally posted by daabc
Again......

basically there aren't a lot of lambo's and Bently on the road because people can't afford them......not because they don't want to...

If those cars cost $30,000 and are mass produced,.....people will buy them in a heartbeat...u just said u would buy an enzo yourself.

Please give that arguement a rest, there are no $30,000 Lambos, just as there are no H2's that get 35mpg. Until that changes, your point is invalid.

There are probably more H2s built each year than there are ALL Ferraris Lambo Bentleys Astons and AMG Benzes combined. Futhermore check the total milage these car average per year... I doubt you'll find too many 2003 Ferraris with over 5,000 miles on the clock.

FWIW, just the though of what these people are shelling out at the pump is punishment enough for them. I paid $20 to tank up my Civic last week. What does it cost to fill up an H2, and how often do they go? Can you say "cost of ownership?"
Old 05-10-2004, 06:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just don't like the H2 because it isn't a Hummer.

I think the Hummers (the H ONE) are cool. The H2 is a fake, a Hummer in name only. Sad thing is that most H2 owners have no idea it is 1% Hummer, 99% CHEVY. GM wants a cool "tough" brand like Jeep. The H2 doesn't come close.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:35 AM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

H2=poser pos

In the PacNW - the majority of H2s I see are driven by wangstas with 24" spinners...

At least the H1 can actually be driven offroad...
Old 05-10-2004, 07:47 AM

Originally posted by daabc
Again......

The H2 sell well is because it iss relatively "rare",....combine with it's ability to haul a lot of people (like family members) and it is definetly safer in a car crash (safer for the children) the H2 is a perfect combo for Rich people....;-)....it acts as a "mini-van", can go camping, etc.....

Rich people don't care about MPG......

Now stop hating the SUV,....and start hating the Rich...;-).....i know in your hear that's who you really hating...;-)....that and u know there car is "bigger" then yours...."wink"
Well, I think you've missed the point entirely now. . . It's not about buying $30,000 Ferrari's, it's about the relative gas mileage between H2's and all exotics combined, given the # on the road. What I'm saying, again, is that you can't compare the two classes of cars on a 1:1 basis. Also, go back to my argument on utility. I had my top down this morning, but was on the highway for the entire drive. I sure didn't take any corners at 60 mph, but having a convertible provided great utility this morning. The H2 speeding past me was still sucking down 10 mpg, causing greater potential harm to others, and still not transporting it's driver in an efficient manner. High rolling-resistance tires provided the driver with zero utility on the Jersey Turnpike this morning.

I don't hate rich people. I'd like to think I'll be a "rich" person very soon. Actually, I hope I'm a "wealthy" person, since "rich" is a relative term (I'm much "richer" than a homeless person, but I have relatively little personal wealth compared to CEO's and the Hilton family). . . this is for another discussion.

Finally, dislike for the H2 comes mainly from the fact that it is entirely a farce. This truck is simply GM's fabulous (the marketing guys should be commended for figuring this out) attempt at ringing a higher profit margin out of an already in-use platform. There is nothing novel or unique about this truck, other than it's shoebox shaped body. I don't like that the H2 is touted as more than it actually is.

P.S. - I have a B.S. in Environmental Science. Most of my posts are purely opinion based, though I've formed my opinion through diligent research and understanding of the topic. It's not hating, it's understanding. Oh, and if I could get my hands on an Enzo for $30k, yes, I would buy one.

Quick Reply: H2 - group drive -