Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

H2 - group drive -

Old 05-08-2004, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CBeyond: In other words.....u hate the morons that can't drive SUV's...not the SUV themselves.

happs22: The only reason people don't buy lambo/bentley is because they can't afford them....not because they don't want to. Imagine this, if Lambo/bentley selled there car at $30,000, i bet YOU would be the first one in line to buy there cars...;-) But, people can afford the H2....so people buy the H2....;-)

How about, instead of comparing Miles per Gallon......we start comparing Pounds per mile.....

the H2 probably more efficient in carrying it's weight across a set distance...
Old 05-08-2004, 10:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jankemi
Old 05-09-2004, 12:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2K1
Old 05-09-2004, 06:04 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by daabc
CBeyond:
Old 05-09-2004, 07:27 AM

alfredo_mancho: I don't disagree that the H2 is excessive & outrageous. Like you, I'd never even consider buying one. But so are most high end sport & luxury cars. They are like the H2 - resource wasting, unnecessary, status symbols that exist only because western society has far, far too much wealth and no clue how to put that wealth to constructive use. Imagine if we took that money and spent it on clean drinking water and & immunization in 3rd world nations. We'd have those problems pretty much solved by now.

happs22: Ummm..... H2 less useful than a sports car? An H2 can do anything that a sports car can do - just not as fast, and with poorer milage & more polution. A sports car cannot come close to doing what an H2 can do. Can an S2000 tow boats & knock down snow drifts? Haul plywood?

CBeyond: Now THOSE are valid anti-SUV arguments. I don't disagree with any of them. Up here in snowland we see SUV's driving in the snow at high speeds & rolling over all the time. The drivers have no clue how bad their vehicles really handle.

For what it is worth -- my wife drives a 94 Cherokee 4wd, I drive a 4wd Chevy pickup (that gets 20mpg on the highway) and an S2000. I bought my wife the Jeep simply because of the snow we get here. With 12" of fresh snow & a 3ft drift in the driveway I know she will still get to & from work. Now I want to replace that vehicle & I'm having a heck of a time finding a non-SUV with that kind of utility.

Anyway - this has been a fun thread. Thanks to all.

--Mike
Old 05-09-2004, 07:59 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CBeyond
Second, they are unsafe to other drivers of normal automobiles when a collision occurs.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:01 AM

alfredo_mancho:
Old 05-09-2004, 08:07 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by daabc
Does it matter?
Old 05-09-2004, 10:10 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

happs22: Ummm..... H2 less useful than a sports car? An H2 can do anything that a sports car can do - just not as fast, and with poorer milage & more polution. A sports car cannot come close to doing what an H2 can do. Can an S2000 tow boats & knock down snow drifts?
Old 05-09-2004, 11:51 AM

What can an H2 do exactly?
Drive through a foot of snow.
Apparently you haven't seen the video of the one breaking it's tie rod on a little rock.
Apparently you haven seen all the S2000 crash pics on this site. One broken H2 doesn't mean they all are broke.

The H2 is the vehicle for image whores to indulge in because they can't afford exotic sportscars...thank God.
The S2000 is the vehicle for image whores to indulge in because they can't afford H2's...thank God.

Imagine what the Ferrari's and Lambo's of the world would look like if the I believe in "street cred" posers driving the H2's of today got one and "tricked it out".
They'd look like half the S2000's in the photo gallery on this site. Strakes, lips, CF everywhere, 18's, etc.

Too many people have to be seen in their H2's blaring their music, as if other's outside the car actually give a as to what they're listening to, rollin on dubs, and pimpin their street cred
Too many people have to be seen in their S2000's blaring their music, as if other's outside the car actually give a as to what they're listening to, rollin on 18's and pimpin their street cred

The type of people that usually carpool are efficient, environmentally conscious, hybrid type owners.
Or they drive 15 passenger Dodge Maxivans. Bigger than H2's and less efficient.

[QUOTE]Maybe I'm "out of the loop" but I haven't seen any Greenpeace activists carpooling in their H2 to work or a bunch of computer techies rolling together in their H2 down to Silicon Valley.

Quick Reply: H2 - group drive -