Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

H2 - group drive -

Old 05-08-2004, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ace10
your argument is weak and transparent.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:38 AM

It seems INCREDIBLY retarded to have an H2 meet. Sports cars, I can understand. But H2's? I mean really... what do they talk about? What do they do? They can't go fast, they can't accelerate fast, they can't go to the track, They can't go offroad...I mean hell, they can't even get people to gawk at their cars (like when Ferrari and Porsche clubs meet) because the H2 is so damn ugly and common.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ninethreeeleven
What you dont understand suvh8r, is that interstate 175 leads directly to the Enzyte manufaturing plant.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:42 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by suvh8r
Old 05-08-2004, 09:54 AM

Does it matter? Car company builds the cars but they don't force people to buy them you know. They don't force people to form a club and have "meets". Owners choose to do this cuz they love there cars and are willing to pay there upkeep.

If you want to talk about excessive, why not talk about the Mercedes S500......v12, and probably almost as heavy as the H2, definetly less cargo space, and about the same gas mileage.

Or a ferrari, porche, Lambo,....they all don't exactly get great mileage,.....

Plus these SUV owners probably have multiple cars, who knows, maybe they have a econo car to "balance" out there mileage...;-)

Now please stop dissing SUV's just because there car is "bigger" then yours...;-)....."wink"....we all know your jealous of there size...;-)
Old 05-08-2004, 10:12 AM

I tend to agree with 'daabc'. A 10mpg pig is a 10mpg pig, no matter if it is a lambo, a mercedes or a GM. There is no difference.

Now if I'm going to drive a pig. I'd rather drive one that can carry cargo & tow a trailer. I certainly can't see driving a pig that only seats 2 & has no luggage space & can't tow a boat.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:23 AM

The H2 is probably the best carpool car...;-)

A H2 carrying 8 people to work gotta be more effecient then a S2000 carrying 2....;-)
Old 05-08-2004, 11:24 AM

the mpg arguments against the H2 are valid ones. these are the reasons:

-it weighs 6400lbs (~2909kg). most other vehicles do NOT weigh anywhere close to this.

if you know any basic science, your brain would tell you that it takes more energy to accelerate objects with larger mass. hmm... now where does this energy come from? yup you got it... gasoline!!!!

this is why NO MATTER what you use the H2 for, heaven forbid it be used as a daily driver, it will guzzle gas for the above-mentioned reason. this doesn't matter if you 'baby' your H2 either because science is science, more mass requires more energy to accelerate it.

-anyone wonder what the Cd of an H2 is?? good thing they don't print it on their website because it would make me even more upset knowing what it is.

Cd is the drag coefficient of this vehicle. just by looking at its stunningly beautiful FLAT-FRONT RECTANGULAR CUBE-shaped design this thing would require MUCH more energy to keep it at a constant velocity compared to other more aerodynamic cars. even for highway cruising, there is NO WAY an H2 would ever be gasoline friendly compared to most other vehicles

at least the real hummer was built for a purpose. the H2 is epitomy of our western culture's retarded idea of "bigger is better"

'nuff said
Old 05-08-2004, 12:12 PM

I know basic science. I also know that theories about weight & square noses are not relavent at all unless backed up by actual data. EPA says a Bentley Arnage get 10-14 mpg. GM says Hummers get 10-13mpg. Guess what -- they both burn THE SAME AMOUNT OF GAS per mile. They are both pigs.

Accourding to the EPA a lambo L-147 gets 9-13mpg. It burns THE SAME AMOUNT OF GAS per mile. Frontal area be damned. Mass be damned. It makes absolutely NO difference which of those vehicles you drive, you will consume the same amount of gas per mile.

Except that with the Bentley & Hummer you can carry more passengers. And with the Hummer you can tow.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:01 PM

"frontal area be damned", "mass be damned". haha... ignorance. tomorrow newton will rise from the dead and tell us, "shit guys, it should be F = M/A"

what are you trying to argue? i don't want to state every single assumption in my argument because i've finished essay writing a long time ago. yes, i agree with you, there are exceptions. the exceptions are relatively light cars (compared with the H2) with large, relatively inefficient and large displacement engines. these types of vehicles will obviously consume more gas, even as much as an H2. if i take my nissan micra and somehow manage to shove a 10L engine in there, sure, it will guzzle gas like there's no tomorrow while weighing only a fraction of the H2.

oh oh! there's another exception i didn't cover, F1 race cars with 3.0L 800+hp F1 engines that rev close to 20000rpm, with optimized aerodynamics AND only weighing ~1320lbs (~600kg)!! can you help me look up the EPA fuel economy for this vehicle too?

at least you talked about EPA standard, some people in this thread didn't even consider having some sort of standard of measurement. props to you

"and s2000 can get 8mpg and a H2 can get 10mpg, wow!!! the H2 isn't so bad after all!!!" OMG, how can people think like this.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jankemi
I know basic science.

Quick Reply: H2 - group drive -