Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

H2 - group drive -

Old 05-07-2004, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by QUIKAG
Tell us how you really feel happs.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:06 AM

I don't "hate" Suvs, it's just a name which comes from riding sportbikes and putting the aspect of performance first. While riding on the highway, countless of SUVs driven by unattentive drivers, tried to run me over by merging into my lane without looking, hence the name.

I also drive a 02 Civix to and from work (40mpg highway), and 10mpg is the best case scenario for the H2, while many get 6-8 around town, and that... is sad.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:15 AM

Originally posted by Ace10
and one other thing to point out...

if an "H2 group drive" is so bad, then what would you classify a bunch of street-sportscars, shrieking around a track on any given weekend or, even worse, down a public road "the dragon"?
Every single drive that I have ever been on involved activity that didn't impede public transportation in the middle of rush hour traffic to appease the attention deprived individuals driving around in their rolling asphalt tanks.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:40 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by suvh8r
I don't "hate" Suvs, it's just a name which comes from riding sportbikes and putting the aspect of performance first. While riding on the highway, countless of SUVs driven by unattentive drivers, tried to run me over by merging into my lane without looking, hence the name.

I understand your pain, but have you ever thought about, maybe SUV owner
hate sprot bikes and sprotcars owners. Maybe they think the same as you.
Why should they share the roads with a little two seater and a two wheeler.
Most SUV owners are family oriented and about 1/2 of the cars on the road today.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:12 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by suvh8r
Old 05-07-2004, 07:30 PM

Hmm, on a recent track day I consumed two tanks of gas at a rate near 8 mpg. I average less than 20mpg. Also, how enviro-firendly is replacing tires every 8-10k miles? How is owning a toy sportscar and a second more practical vehicle (with all the manufacturing energy and pollution required to build a vehicle), better than owning one vehicle that is multi-purpose? The environmental argument against SUVs is bunk, twisted truth and facts to reenforce a political opinion.

I haven't done the research, but I really don't think an H2 gets 10MPG on the highway. Combined mpg maybe, but I'd guess 12-14 on the highway, based on the GM powertrain. That isn't much worse than other full-size SUVs and large-engine pickups. You'll have a lot of hating to do if mpg is why you hate the H2. Wait until they release variable displacement technology and the H2 is getting more highway mpg than the S2000.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:58 AM

This is sad...
You guys are defending the most uneconomical transportation vehicle masked as a suv sold on the planet. How can you defend something that gets 10mpg with this argument: "You'll have a lot of hating to do if mpg is why you hate the H2". HELLO! there isn't a vehicle that gets WORSE mileage for sale! Maybe I have overslept and I have ended up in some alter reality where 10mpg is somehow comparable to ~25mpg. What part of 25-30>10 don't you understand?!?!?

And the comparable argument against driving a H2 to work (getting a pathetic 10mpg) and driving a s2000 around a racetrack if utterly ridiculous. Maybe ~1% of the owners do this maybe once or twice a year (about the same rate a H2 would actually tow something, or actually use the cargo space that they couldn't have gotten out of a Taurus). The majority of the time a H2 is on the road there are either 1 or 2 passengers and they are not using either it's cargo capacity or off-road capabilities. People that own trucks, usually USE trucks. People that own vans usually USE the vans.

People that own H2s are self indulgent, status craving sociopaths, using their purchased vehicle as a hopeful statement of social hierarchy.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:32 AM

wow you've got real issues. your argument is weak and transparent. no matter what logic is presented to defuse your "point" about suv fuel consumption you will keep looking down your nose at others' choices in automobiles.

you drive a toy. it uses fuel at a very high rate, given it's displacement and complete lack of UTILITY. it consumes oil (actually burns, thereby releasing it down the tailpipe) goes through tires like they're going out of style and (i'm guessing here) that the S ends up in the salvage yard at a much higher rate than pretty much ANY other mass-produced automobile. you then state that you have a SECOND automoile. even further reducing your already crumbling position on SUV fuel consumption and the general "waste" of these automobiles.

check thyself.

maybe these H2 owners ride a bicycle or walk to work. you don't know and i don't care.

i'm done.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:42 AM

SUVs are ghey
Old 05-08-2004, 07:09 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hating for no reason.

Quick Reply: H2 - group drive -