Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Guy's AUDI gets booted unfairly...guy fights back!

Old 06-20-2008, 12:59 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

If you want to just read what the OP in that thread posted, click on the forward arrow ( >> ) on the top right of his first post, next to the time stamp. It'll push you to his next post every time you click it. It keeps you from having to look for updates on every page.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I copied and pasted it all here:

The thread got locked tihs morning around 2:30 so i dont know where the most recent updates are gonna be---

As I told myself I'd never live in a HOA community here I am. After a year here they forced upon us that we had to pay for parking passes to park outside. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ There's over 700 homes.
Gee, I wounder why they did that?

So you have to display your pass or you get booted, by an outsider company not associated with the HOA, they just won the contract. As the schmucks drive though they look for the obvious outsiders looking to park (visitors) and boot them, and milk the cows. "That will be $140 Sir to remove the boot."

Well, it's just a long day @ work, your mind is busy, you park and don't put your pass on your rear view. They throw 2 boots on you, a large display sticker, phone # and $140 removal fee. I've parked in the same spot for 3 months, always displayed, they know the car, a extensively modified Audi parked in the same spot for 3 months with a displayed pass. It's a no brainier I have a pass.

Gee, I wounder why the pass isn't a permanent sticker?

Now, why wouldn't I always keep the pass hanging from my rearveiw? Being in the top 10 auto theft capitals in the country, I'm not comfortable DISPLAYING where I live when the community is displayed in the largest characters on the pass.

The plastered WARNING sticker on the window mentions you will be pentilzed to the fullest of law if you remove or damage the boots. So I called the cops.........only one.....but she said I can not damage the the boots, however nothing illegal about removing them.

You know the case, if you don't pay up evenly you'll get towed,so.......

I'm just going to get some f-ing dollys, install them and push the freaking Audi right into the garage you bsaterds. Give them a call to come get their num nut boots..........................and the Audi is undergoing a semi-rebuild....I don't need them off...they won't bother me keeping them on....I don't need to drive it.....a waiting game means nothing.

I own my home, they can not come on the individual property unless I grant permission, and they can not tow it as it'll be in the garage.

Discuss

Currently outside with 2 boots on it, it'll just look like this again with boots on it, same spot.

Modified by The A1 and A2 German at 2:01 AM 6-10-2008

HELLO KIDDIES!

Over 4,000 hits in less then a day, think we're onto something. To answer some on the questions:
-My HOA is over $1,500 a year

-There is no STREETparking per-say, every spot is a stripped parking spot just like retail parking. There is no congestion each side of the street parking, aka, narrowing down a street.

-The HOA is not associated with the parking Nazis, however may and not sure, be able to place fines on top for giving problems.

I do have one problem, I need a raditator in the next 5 hours to get to work tomorrow in my Jetta (since I wouldn't be driving the Audi). The radiator I just order showed up broken. If not I'll either have to cough up the $140 or call the cops and have it removed and the Nazis can try filing against me.

If I can get a radiator here soon, the dollies are right down the street and the next picture you'll see will be an Audi in a garage with boots.

http://www.villagioattempe.com...4.htm

Modified by The A1 and A2 German at 2:51 PM 6-10-2008

[B]Quote, originally posted by The A1 and A2 German
Old 06-20-2008, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh damn, I just looked over that again and realized exactly where it was. I even looked at a place for sale in that development. It's real close to ASU so they probably are jacking with college kids who don't have the $$$ to fight getting their car booted and need to get to school.

Way lame. I've had my car towed by an HOA without warning before (while being a RESIDENT WHO RECEIVED NO PARKING RULES INFO), and have been given parking tickets by cops enforcing HOA rules under similar circumstances. HOAs SUCK. The money they supposedly make you on your house goes out the window in fees and fighting to get your car back.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:44 PM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

Updates will probably show up here:
http://www.parkingenforcementforum.com/index.php
Old 06-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt,Jun 20 2008, 04:44 PM
Updates will probably show up here:
http://www.parkingenforcementforum.com/index.php
Okay, someone called I AM DOLLY MAN is posting there claiming to be the OP. I hope it is...I want to know how this ends!!!