Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Got me a Scion XB, so now

Old 02-02-2004, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got me a Scion XB, so now

I don't have to drive my S in the rain

After I got the Scion, I washed and waxed the S like never before and now it will only be driven when the skies are blue.

The Scion is cuter than I thought it would be and is very solidly built.
Gives about 32 mpg and is great for "chore driving" or when I just feel too tired or exhausted from work.

If any one out there is looking for a small (very) cute and useful little run about that has amazingly good inside room and is frugal on the gas, you could do alot worse.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:52 PM

why not buy an element.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:54 PM

Curious...how old are you. Want to see if you fit into Toyota's TARGET market for these cars. I guess its a good car but im not convinced younger people would buy such a car.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:06 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NYMATT74
Curious...how old are you.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:14 PM

I love it!!! None of these marketing car guys ever hit there target when it comes to creating cars for "young people". The Echo and the Element were both geared to a younger audience but not many kids bought them. It was always people in there 30's/40's because it was affordable/practical transportation.

Kids want fun stylish cars like a civic or a subaru that they can hook up and race. They want flash and something with balls (not that a civic is fast...but we know they can be made to go fast).

Anyone want to hire me for marketing instead of getting suckered by these suits who charge an arm and a leg for there so called "marketing research"? I promise i will only charge half
Old 02-03-2004, 08:49 AM

I am not within the intended target age. Most of the people I see driving the Element too are not the "young crowd" that Honda had intended either.

Clearwaterms, I did not get the Element because I think the Scion xb looks cute, has better fuel efficency and is about 4 thousand dollars cheaper.

Since this is just a car for rainy days and grocery shopping type stuff, I don't really care that it is not more powerful. It is fast enough for the purpose it is intended for.

The build quality is typical Toyota...solid as a they come.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:17 AM

i guess i am in the demographic, im 18. just put a deposit down on the release version hot lava one. i think its nice looking, gonna be pretty scarce up here (new england), and it fits everything i need to do plus its cheap. its a very solidly built car, it has alot more options than it should for that price

edit: also me and a coupla people i know buying xBs are starting the new england scion club, anyone in mass, ri, conn thats getting one pm me
Old 02-03-2004, 11:59 AM

i am 26, have a dog, own a element, sti and a S. all serve different puposes. it was either a $60k M3 covertable or these 3 cars roughly $80k
Old 02-03-2004, 12:14 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vvtli78k
i am 26, have a dog, own a element, sti
Old 02-03-2004, 01:05 PM

I am 24 and considering the Xb as well for a cruiser/daily driver. I just can't decide if I want an auto or manual..

btw - moving to Car Talk.

Quick Reply: Got me a Scion XB, so now