Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Got email to order Foundation Series Cyberbeast

Old 09-05-2024, 02:21 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

The Cybertruck is style over substance. There's nothing it couldn't be doing in a better-designed package that was less goofy. Same with the Model X gull-wing doors - half of Teslas products are ego-driven curiosities, and for all the stuff Tesla does well, there's an equal number of items it does really poorly at.

But I can say the same these days for GM, Ford, Honda, etc, so...
Old 09-05-2024, 07:01 PM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
It's still being "green", Tommy. Plus, saving $70-90 per fill-up is still money you can spend on hookers, blow, etc. instead.
It’s “green” if you power one off a solar array, windmill, or have hydro power. But if you are using public infrastructure, IE the grid, not so much. Someone dropping 80k on an image vehicle, is far from being green. If you want one just say you like it. All 6603 pounds of it. Buy it and call it Kim K. A M3P would be a much better buy and get you that “straight line” speed. Larger, Model S. The CT was made for image. It’s not a replacement for a full size ICE truck, so it’s merely a design exercise.

You know how many people I know or have met that get a Tesla and start preaching how they are saving the Earf? LMAO. Suckers for marketing, and hype. Lithium mining = CO2 emissions, it’s a wash. Add insult to injury, most of these people are the types who are always on the road, incessantly, driving to the shops, going to Canes, etc. Driving all over the got damn place doing nothing.

I’ve been daily driving an EV, for ten and a half years, and all that time using 35 solar panels to charge it. I use it for daily driving duties only, necessity driving. I’ve never talked about being green. For me it’s for financial reasons and costs per mile. Give me a Tesla for free tomorrow and it’d be on autotrader and CarGuru’s the same day for sale. Saki nailed it above. All that money, and you give me an iPad and that’s it inside? No instrument cluster? Fisher Price interior? LMAO.

You want to go hells bells fast, in a straight line dude? Get one of these and flash the restrictions off it. Cost you 1/3 of that POS!
https://www.kawasaki.com/en-us/motor...sport/ninja-h2
The following users liked this post:
QUIKAG (09-06-2024)
Old 09-06-2024, 12:07 PM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

The only reasons I'd want a Cybertruck is:

1. decent interior room
2. fast
3. cool technology
4. functional with frunk and large trunk area
5. can tow occasionally
6. IT'S FUN to drive, like really fun.
7. It's comfy

I've never honestly cared much about image, I really am just a sucker for the driving experience. It's truly a unique driving experience with the CT. Nothing else like it at all, for better or worse. That is what attracts me to the most to the CT. It's just fun as heck to drive and also functional for hauling people and crap in pretty good comfort. From an image standpoint, it seems like 50/50 where people love it/hate it. Not sure why 'image' people would buy a vehicle that half the population thinks is ugly AF. But, I know many do. They want to be the first on their block with one, blah, blah.

Honestly, I'm probably not getting one at all and certainly not anytime soon. Still do ICE for me for now. Wife enjoys her Y and that's enough electric in our house for now.
Old 09-06-2024, 12:53 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

If I wanted the Tesla experience, I'd go S Plaid. The Cyberbeast with all of that ludicrous power, weight, and sharp edges, I dunno, feels like the equivalent of buying a 15 year old with social problems an AR, i.e. socially irresponsible. Vehicles like the Cybertruck should be tuned for torque in the sense of hauling/towing capacity, ala semi-truck, not suicidal speed experiences. But that's just me.

I get that it's fun, but the novelty sorta wears off. But if you can, why not.
Old 09-06-2024, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
If I wanted the Tesla experience, I'd go S Plaid. The Cyberbeast with all of that ludicrous power, weight, and sharp edges, I dunno, feels like the equivalent of buying a 15 year old with social problems an AR, i.e. socially irresponsible. Vehicles like the Cybertruck should be tuned for torque in the sense of hauling/towing capacity, ala semi-truck, not suicidal speed experiences. But that's just me.

I get that it's fun, but the novelty sorta wears off. But if you can, why not.
I'm probably going to have a hard time staying away from the next gen Model S Plaid whenever it gets updated and comes out if it's still around the $90-100k range. Time will tell.

It is a novelty, but when it wears off, I argue the CT is functional enough that it could still be a great, usable daily driver for those that aren't afraid of being laughed at.
Old 09-06-2024, 04:22 PM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

The only reasons I'd want a Cybertruck is:

1. decent interior room
2. fast
3. cool technology
4. functional with frunk and large trunk area
5. can tow occasionally
6. IT'S FUN to drive, like really fun.
7. It's comfy

I've never honestly cared much about image, I really am just a sucker for the driving experience. It's truly a unique driving experience with the CT. Nothing else like it at all, for better or worse. That is what attracts me to the most to the CT. It's just fun as heck to drive and also functional for hauling people and crap in pretty good comfort. From an image standpoint, it seems like 50/50 where people love it/hate it. Not sure why 'image' people would buy a vehicle that half the population thinks is ugly AF. But, I know many do. They want to be the first on their block with one, blah, blah.

Honestly, I'm probably not getting one at all and certainly not anytime soon. Still do ICE for me for now. Wife enjoys her Y and that's enough electric in our house for now.
Image people are the ones in the fake joneses race. They buy things for attention. Their entire life revolves around needing attention. It’s a psychological deficiency. Those people exist in every metro. In ours, they all used to buy 3 Series BMW’s, then get the M wheels, and debadge their car, like they are fooling any “car” people. Then they switched to Audis, and now it’s Teslas. Don on here has talked about people in the Bay Area doing the same types of shit, buying Arcteryx jackets to floss dining out. In reality that’s hardcore gear for high altitude and mountains but it’s got this logo on it, and man those people love to floss their logos. I’ve dated women where their closet was full of $150-250 pairs of jeans, etc, 10 different purses that cost 4 figures each. Fools and their money. I pissed her off royally when I told she be better off putting her time and money into the gym and get fit. But I digress.

But honestly, f what I think or anyone else does. It’s your money. I get the case for it, with a family, and the fact that so many got damn people have moved here, I mean 135k just last year and pushing 2 million since 2010, that something like a Tesla, punching it on an on-ramp, or little high speed run down the 635 tollway below might be the only available vehicular fun to be had in any given week. Even my twisties are 60-70% gone now and will be truly extinct, 100%, within a year or two, subdivisions going in everywhere and what was once rural towns will be modern suburbs shortly. I saw the writing on the wall and bought land in some rural mountains where incredible pavement is all over, with few on it, dirt roads everywhere, and water. My solution is to GTFO and have twisty mountain roads 5 minutes from the garage. Stuck in this hell hole heat and humid concrete jungle, I get it. A CT would be a blast. Just watch the used pricing on them. Analysts predict 30% depreciation on the Beast year 1, or after 12 full months on the market. That means the AWD/Dual Motor will depreciate a good bit as well. At 100k I think it’s a very stupid buy, even at 70-80k. But if you market maven it used, and swoop in at 50-60k for a dual motor, oh yeah. Trust me, the double down is using the only star in our solar system to power a chunk of the house and most all kwh’s for the DD. Towing or performance ice still rules the roost but DD, EV’s are the move to me. Looking forward to expanding my solar array, adding a windmill, inverter, battery back up, etc, when I’m finally able to move. Zero fuel costs is quite nice.
QUIKAG (09-11-2024)
Old 09-07-2024, 03:02 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

I'm probably going to have a hard time staying away from the next gen Model S Plaid whenever it gets updated and comes out if it's still around the $90-100k range. Time will tell.

It is a novelty, but when it wears off, I argue the CT is functional enough that it could still be a great, usable daily driver for those that aren't afraid of being laughed at.
Have you seen the prices for barely used Lucid Airs? Deals to be had there.
QUIKAG (09-09-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT
Have you seen the prices for barely used Lucid Airs? Deals to be had there.
Same with Model Ss.
Old 09-09-2024, 11:03 AM

Yeah, I'd trust a Model S long-term over Lucid. Lucid makes some NICE stuff, but they are only still in business because of Saudi Arabia. If their sovereign fund ever gets tired of flushing billions every year down the toilet, Lucid could be in trouble. Depending on their patents and tech, Tesla may just buy them outright for that and liquidate the brand.

So, if I was going EV down the road, it'll be a CT eventually or a next-gen Model S.
Old 09-09-2024, 12:40 PM

Meh, I don't think the CT is that much, if any, of a laughing stock, end of the day it's still a pretty exotic vehicle that excudes money. Me personally I actually appreciate the styling, and had the execution been a little better I'd be in love with it. Actually, before I interacted with one, I was a decent sized fan of it, but then after interacting with it, the CT just rubbed me the wrong way.

On paper and in theory the CT is really practical, but something about it just seems off. Something about it just feels... fake? I'm sure alot of this that I'm thinking will be alleviated once people start using them as trucks and prove all of its capabilities, but until then I'd rather not be a guinea pig.

I think the CT makes a lot of sense in places like Texas, but in our narrow, congested streets over here, and this really applies to any oversize truck, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I already had to swerve away from two of them on the highways over the weekend, and if I'm in a double left turn lane I either speed away from it or let it complete its turn way ahead of me, those things just spill over everywhere.

I do wish Elon would apply the same amount of imagination to their other vehicles though since they are literally just differently sized jelly beans. A stainless steel Plaid would've been nuts.
QUIKAG (09-13-2024)

Quick Reply: Got email to order Foundation Series Cyberbeast