Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Got email to order Foundation Series Cyberbeast

Old 06-19-2024, 02:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
So that leaves the CT for commuting turf in reality, Costco trips, I mean driving you could do in a damn Prius, and save yourself $60,000 or more.
You just explained every single truck owner. I've never seen the 2500+ crowd do anything other than drive 15 mph under the speed limit to the grocery store on the weekends.
The following users liked this post:
Saki GT (06-20-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 06:58 PM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by bkowa092
You just explained every single truck owner. I've never seen the 2500+ crowd do anything other than drive 15 mph under the speed limit to the grocery store on the weekends.
Every single? Nah dude. I own a compact AWD truck and all summer, it has a trailer hitched up to it and I’m heading to the lake, a lot. 4 times a year a different trailer headed to the track towing my bike(s). The “majority”, yeah I agree with you. Not all of us are posers though. And my truck is a compact unibody AWD, with torque vectoring version. I have no need for the towing capability of a full size. I use the bed on mine a lot too. MY2019, paid $33.5k new.
Bullwings (06-21-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 10:24 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

If you don't love the vehicle, don't buy it, is my advice.

Newness wears off a lot faster than car payments, and if you don't love it, don't bother with it.
TheDonEffect (06-21-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 11:33 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 2,862 Likes on 2,074 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
Every single? Nah dude. I own a compact AWD truck and all summer, it has a trailer hitched up to it and I’m heading to the lake, a lot. 4 times a year a different trailer headed to the track towing my bike(s). The “majority”, yeah I agree with you. Not all of us are posers though. And my truck is a compact unibody AWD, with torque vectoring version. I have no need for the towing capability of a full size. I use the bed on mine a lot too. MY2019, paid $33.5k new.
Ridgeline isn't a truck, it's a Pilot with the top chopped off the back. Hell, you've basically got the modern Honda version of an El Camino but even that was a body on frame.

Old 06-20-2024, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Ridgeline isn't a truck, it's a Pilot with the top chopped off the back. Hell, you've basically got the modern Honda version of an El Camino but even that was a body on frame.

Thank God for that, BOF doesn’t handle like mines. More payload capacity than a Raptor too. Those El Camino/chopped Pilot bitches, let them eat cake
Old 06-29-2024, 06:31 PM

Received 3,766 Likes on 2,657 Posts

I was driving beside one yesterday, I thought it looked horrible, the sheet metal just looks like a grade 9 shop class project. It might be a great truck for its intended purpose but I just didn't like the look of it. But I truly understand that beauty is in the eye of the owner and I don't impose my design preferences on others, just for me I don't care for it. It is their money they can spend it as they wish.

I would like to know how the rearward visibility is on the truck, it looks bad from the outside but perhaps they have cameras to help out ? it just looks like it would be really bad.

Last edited by zeroptzero; 06-30-2024 at 01:55 AM.
Old 06-29-2024, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I was driving beside one yesterday, I thought it looked horrible, the sheet metal just looks like a grade 9 shop class project. It might be a great truck for its intended purpose but I just didn't like the look of it. I would like to know how the rearward visibility is on the truck, it looks bad from the outside but perhaps they have cameras to help out.
Rearward visibility is indeed awful. Some journalists were really surprised that bullshit made it to production. Thing is a joke.
zeroptzero (06-30-2024)
Old 06-30-2024, 04:53 AM

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I was driving beside one yesterday, I thought it looked horrible, the sheet metal just looks like a grade 9 shop class project. It might be a great truck for its intended purpose but I just didn't like the look of it. But I truly understand that beauty is in the eye of the owner and I don't impose my design preferences on others, just for me I don't care for it. It is their money they can spend it as they wish.

I would like to know how the rearward visibility is on the truck, it looks bad from the outside but perhaps they have cameras to help out ? it just looks like it would be really bad.

I saw one this morning in the grocery store parking lot and the first thing that popped into my head was "FUGLY".
zeroptzero (06-30-2024)
Old 06-30-2024, 05:35 AM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw my first CyberTruck yesterday!
In traffic, surrounded by SUVs, it looks so clean and, actually, unpretentious, compared to everything else.
All the bland, bulbous SUVs and trucks with chrome trim pumped
out by manufacturers for the past decades are not inherently "attractive".
They are really just unimaginative variations on a theme that everyone is accustomed to.
The CyberTruck makes all that styling nonsense seem so frivolous, even paint colors.

It reminds me of when I has in the Hard Rock Cafe in Vegas for breakfast and asked for maple syrup with
my waffles and the waitress brought me some corn syrup goop.
She had no idea what real maple syrup was, just "maple flavored" syrup.
That's what most car design is, flavored goop, not real design, and people still eat it up.
CyberTruck is real design, inside and out.
Old 06-30-2024, 07:23 PM

Received 3,766 Likes on 2,657 Posts

I don't like the interior, and those steering wheels must have come from old soap box children's karts. I would hate to use one.

Quick Reply: Got email to order Foundation Series Cyberbeast