Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Good "sporty" 4-door options

Old 05-21-2015, 10:27 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Sporty
4 doors
Good MPG
Asian
Reliable
Lots of room

Man your list is too long.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Gatsbee13

Originally Posted by Marioshi
Originally Posted by Gatsbee13' timestamp='1432222992' post='23620531
keeping the S is an option temporarily.. but with interest rates very low right now, I'm trying to take advantage before Fed raises them.

Mazda 6/3 is a very good choice.. someone mentioned it earlier in the thread.. ill have to test drive the 6 and 3. i haven't ruled out Ford yet.. took notice of quite a few (started taking look at more cars other than sports cars now on the road).
So you want to dump one of the best sports cars ever made, one that has essentially a flat depreciation curve, to take advantage of low interest rates, on a family car you don't really need, that will depreciate significantly as you drive it off the lot?

This seems like failed logic to me. You won't be saving any money in the short or long term by buying a new car this weekend...

I don't have a good answer to that. But i can say this. S2000 is a great sports car. With that being said, i just think I've had my time with it already (good times). Ive had it since april 06 (its an 03). This is more than i'd like to admit, but the mod bug has hit me hard the last 2 years and i think I'm spending too much on the car. It started as soon as i got my car wrapped about 2 years ago, then things here and there.

I decided that it was enough and just wanted to get aforementioned-type vehicle without touching a single thing (but you never know).

So its either spend a little more on getting a sporty sedan with better mpg (and trying to keep it stock) or put some more money into the S (on repairs and mods)
Old 05-21-2015, 11:54 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13
I don't have a good answer to that. But i can say this. S2000 is a great sports car. With that being said, i just think I've had my time with it already (good times). Ive had it since april 06 (its an 03). This is more than i'd like to admit, but the mod bug has hit me hard the last 2 years and i think I'm spending too much on the car. It started as soon as i got my car wrapped about 2 years ago, then things here and there.

I decided that it was enough and just wanted to get aforementioned-type vehicle without touching a single thing (but you never know).

So its either spend a little more on getting a sporty sedan with better mpg (and trying to keep it stock) or put some more money into the S (on repairs and mods)
Well, my advice is to keep the S2000. If you go from an S2000 to a regular car, you will be back in an s2000 in a matter of months. Ask me how I know...
Old 05-21-2015, 01:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy a new car because you've invested too much modding your current one?
Old 05-21-2015, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking at the new Accord Sport, as it comes with the manual. That, and the Mazda6. Both seem sporty but cost a lot less than outright sport sedans. If you had the ILX on your list, you should definitely consider either of these. Not sure if having a manual was a requirement though.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:25 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

There is zero sporty about the accord. Don't be fooled by the "sport" badge they will sell you.

The only thing Honda makes right now that gets close to sporty is the TLX. The rest is marketing..

Lexus IS with f sport gets there. Has real brake ducts. But man cabin is tight and seats painful on long rides.

The WRX is sporty, if you can deal with eco box build quality and Subaru PITa service.

That's new. If used was an option I would pick up a TL-S if you can handle FWD. they also had a limited run with a 3.5 6speed. TQ steer was a thing but it's probably the best TL they ever made before they ruined it.

Finally since you need good MPG, first gen TSX but the cabin noise is up there and it's only 200hp. Will get 32-35 freeway.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:01 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Pontiac G8.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:34 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Old 05-22-2015, 04:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to echo all the ISF suggestions.
I had the pleasure of owning one for about 6 months and let me tell you, this that car is amazing.
It's not just the awesome 5.0 V8 which sounds sweet above 3500 RPM when the second intake channel opens up. The transmission is the best part about that car. In manual mode it shifts in .100 sec which and the throttle blipping it does while downshifting is glorious, especially with a Borla Catback like I had in mine. For almost 3800 lbs, the car handles incredibly, and the steering was super-sharp and responsive. The suspension was a little on the hard side but it cornered really well.

I really have nothing negative to say about this car, and only sold it because I wanted to try a Z06 for a while. I can tell you that I will probaly own another IS-F sometime in the future. The car even got 29.8 MPG on a 200 mile trip I did after installing the Borla Exhaust which is amazing! However, keep in mind that during city driving you will struggle getting above 16-18 mpg due to how much fun this car is drive

Good luck in your search.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:43 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

Earlier on this page he clearly stated that he's considering the IS250 with F sport package. Not the ISF.

Quick Reply: Good "sporty" 4-door options