Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Good "sporty" 4-door options

Old 05-21-2015, 06:33 AM
Gatsbee13

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k
What's wrong with a Subaru WRX?

nothing.. just haven't looked into it.. gas mileage is a bit on the lower side for me.. but its still decent.

I'm getting an average of 28 mpg with my S (235k miles, original engine) according to my plx kiwi 2 and dash command app.. not sure if its an accurate reading but i get around 28.xx average on most if not all readings..
Old 05-21-2015, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even tho I like japanese cars too. I would suggest to look at non japanese vehicles too because they really improved since especially ford.

My work gave me a 2014 Ford Fusion hybrid before they gave me the f150. They fusion was so nice to drive and solid. Like a German car. 40mpg. Quite cabin. I was impress that I almost got one for myself. Test drive one.

Hyundai and Kia still not in the league when comes to driving dynamics. They have a way to go. Cheap but not for me.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:56 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k' timestamp='1432215867' post='23620371

nothing.. just haven't looked into it.. gas mileage is a bit on the lower side for me.. but its still decent.

I'm getting an average of 28 mpg with my S (235k miles, original engine) according to my plx kiwi 2 and dash command app.. not sure if its an accurate reading but i get around 28.xx average on most if not all readings..

I mean you said in the OP you want a good gas mileage japanese sedan. Then after someone mentioned an ISF you stated you'd consider one if you found a good deal. Well, while the WRX doesn't get stellar gas mileage it is still significantly better than the ISF, as well as a lot of the other cars mentioned.

Just having a tough time deciphering your thought process here...
Old 05-21-2015, 07:05 AM
Gatsbee13

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k
Originally Posted by Gatsbee13' timestamp='1432218792' post='23620437
[quote name='WolfpackS2k' timestamp='1432215867' post='23620371']

I mean you said in the OP you want a good gas mileage japanese sedan. Then after someone mentioned an ISF you stated you'd consider one if you found a good deal. Well, while the WRX doesn't get stellar gas mileage it is still significantly better than the ISF, as well as a lot of the other cars mentioned.

Just having a tough time deciphering your thought process here...
[/quote]

i think i was looking at the IS 250 F sport.. not the older ISF, which has horrible gas mileage. IS 250 F gets 30 mpg highway.. IS 350 F gets 28, which would probably be a better choice but out of my price range brand new.

to be clear, need something with an overall mpg of at least 27-28..
Old 05-21-2015, 07:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of people berating the ILX on here. I have a 2016 ILX A-Spec Tech plus and it's a great car and surprisingly quick. Quiet inside too and gets great gas mileage.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:13 AM
Gatsbee13

Originally Posted by qBIRD
A lot of people berating the ILX on here. I have a 2016 ILX A-Spec Tech plus and it's a great car and surprisingly quick. Quiet inside too and gets great gas mileage.

i like the look of the ILX over any other vehicle I've considered. even the TLX. but once i did my research i scratched it off.. i don't usually take the advice of salesman but when i was at the Honda dealership yesterday, the salesman i was working with didn't have a lot of good things to say about the ILX unfortunately.. even mentioning they had to stop selling them at one point due to some issues with the car.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:14 AM
CMK

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

You haven't really provided a list of requirements except "sporty" (in quotes), good gas mileage, good looks, and sedan.

That's not a very specific set of needs, but the first car that springs to mind is the Mazda6. It can be had with a manual transmission in the middle trim level. The Mazda3 is also a good choice, but obviously not as roomy. It can be had with a manual in the top-of-the-line trim. (This will probably be my next car)

Consider a Jetta GLI as well. Good mileage, tons of features, and sporty character.

If the Q50/Q70 (G/M respectively) are on your radar, do not overlook the Genesis sedan. The brand new one may be outside your price range, but it's reasonably sporty and is by far the best value in the segment.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:34 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

or maybe just keep the S.
Wait, is this really an option? Because, duh, keep the S.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:43 AM
Gatsbee13

keeping the S is an option temporarily.. plus, my car is high mileage and i think i can get a decent price for it now.. but with interest rates very low right now, I'm trying to take advantage before Fed raises them.

Mazda 6/3 is a very good choice.. someone mentioned it earlier in the thread.. ill have to test drive the 6 and 3. i haven't ruled out Ford yet.. took notice of quite a few (started taking look at more cars other than sports cars now on the road).
Old 05-21-2015, 07:54 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

keeping the S is an option temporarily.. but with interest rates very low right now, I'm trying to take advantage before Fed raises them.

Mazda 6/3 is a very good choice.. someone mentioned it earlier in the thread.. ill have to test drive the 6 and 3. i haven't ruled out Ford yet.. took notice of quite a few (started taking look at more cars other than sports cars now on the road).
So you want to dump one of the best sports cars ever made, one that has essentially a flat depreciation curve, to take advantage of low interest rates, on a family car you don't really need, that will depreciate significantly as you drive it off the lot?

This seems like failed logic to me. You won't be saving any money in the short or long term by buying a new car this weekend...

Quick Reply: Good "sporty" 4-door options