Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Good "sporty" 4-door options

Old 05-20-2015, 09:35 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mazda 3 2.5 motor with a stick shift
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...rm-test-review
Old 05-20-2015, 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Infiniti G35
Old 05-20-2015, 11:38 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I love the new Lexus IS, looks fantastic. However, I want more than 200 hp for a fully loaded car costing $45K.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions
Infiniti G35

I would almost say this, but mpg is not great. Mine avg 21mpg, 22 on a good day, in mixed driving. If you do 65mph on freeway, then maybe 26-27 mpg is possible.

For good mpg, better stick to Civic Si, TSX, ILX, etc.

The 2016 ILX sounds good on paper: LED low beam, 8sp DCT, 2.4L iVTEC
Old 05-20-2015, 02:09 PM

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13
Just wanted to get some input on a good looking, good gas-mileage sedan. I'd like to keep it to Asian Vehicles only.
How about Asian owned and loved marque like a Volvo? Our S60 gets great mileage and takes regular gas. Not to mention the safety features not found on similarly priced cars.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:28 PM
Gatsbee13

I think the reason i chose Asian only vehicles is because, coming from a quality product like the s2000, I want to jump into another quality and long lasting product. Maybe i should of just said Japanese only. Also, i haven't found a domestic 4 door that has caught my eye.

Did a little research on the ILX and I'm probably going to cross it off my list. But the TSX will stay there.

I just got back from my local Honda dealership and took a 2015 fully loaded Accord coupe V6 for a spin. it has almost 100hp more than the 4 cyl but only loses 1 mpg in city and 3 on highway to the 4cyl. (Pearl white exterior with the ivory/black leather interior, which is really nice btw)..im liking the sideway camera that activates when you hit the turn signal, but to me, thats just bells and whistles.

I didn't consider a 4 door civic, but the price is tempting and gets better gas mileage than accord.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:57 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13
I think the reason i chose Asian only vehicles is because, coming from a quality product like the s2000, I want to jump into another quality and long lasting product. Maybe i should of just said Japanese only. Also, i haven't found a domestic 4 door that has caught my eye.

I just got back from my local Honda dealership and took a 2015 fully loaded Accord coupe V6 for a spin. it has almost 100hp more than the 4 cyl but only loses 1 mpg in city and 3 on highway to the 4cyl. (Pearl white exterior with the ivory/black leather interior, which is really nice btw)..im liking the sideway camera that activates when you hit the turn signal, but to me, thats just bells and whistles.

I didn't consider a 4 door civic, but the price is tempting and gets better gas mileage than accord.
BTW, the Accord is made in Ohio, out of mostly north american parts...A very different factory and philosophy behind that car than the S2000. Not saying the Accord won't be a good car, just don't expect that the same care was put into a mass market sedan as was put into your anniversary present roadster.

I would avoid the Civic at all costs. The Accord is a class leader for it's segment but the Civic has fallen way down the list. They have cut a lot of corners with the Civic to get it to be cost competitive. The steering is scary light in those cars.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:59 AM
Gatsbee13

i was looking at this article on Yahoo.com this morning about taking advantage of memorial weekend savings (financing and discounts) on American Vehicles. Not anything on there that i liked. I need something with more space but at the moment and gets good gas mileage, my list of cars is shrinking and its getting kinda frustrating. Id like to get a "steal" this weekend though.

I didn't want to open this up to non-Asian or Japanese vehicles , but if you have a suggestion for an American or maybe even euro sedan, let me know. Or a roomy coupe. The Accord coupe was very roomy when i sat in the back. but i don't think an adult taller than 5' 10" will be able to fit.

or maybe just keep the S.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:11 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

I'd look at the Hyundai Genesis - rwd or awd, good space, V6 or V8, lots of bang for the buck, and proven reliability at this point. Plus, you can pick from new or used. Not sure if mpg is high enough for you though.

American? I'd look at the 300 or Charger.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:44 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

What's wrong with a Subaru WRX?

Quick Reply: Good "sporty" 4-door options