Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Going to trade the S for a new EVO

Old 07-11-2006, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neliconcept,Jul 11 2006, 04:46 PM
what year is your S.. hell I'll take it
looks like an 03 silverstone from his profile...
Old 07-11-2006, 01:55 PM

ahh should have read the thing under yalls avatars.. New here as it looks different then toyota forums (01 sr5 4runner owner.. rock crawler)
Old 07-11-2006, 01:57 PM

There is much more to performance than a race from a stop light. Beyond that fact that street racing is irresponsible, it doesn't really prove much. I like the Evo too, but it can't hold a candle to the S in terms of looks.

Also, I'd say get an STi. Mitsubishi is having a lot of finacial difficulties right now and the STi is also a better made car. On top of that I think the STi is safer.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by s2000nubi,Jul 11 2006, 04:39 PM
I'm going to trade my S for a 2003 Evo by end of this month...I'm tired of being SPANKED by so many cars out there (yes i said it), it's not even funny any more....Yes, the S has great handling, looks better, reliability, etc...But the Evo has speed, handling, safety, braking, etc... (fugly stock but not for long). Looking good in a car goes straight to the trash can when you got smoked...With some light mods, the evo can harness 400 AWHP...that should be sufficient to smoke anything on the street...I'm sure this post has been posted hundreds of time here...this won't be the last...will post pics and info soon...I know alot of S owners had abandoned the S for an AWD turbo.
The S2000 wasn't made, designed, nor engineered for 1/4 mile quickness or stoplight drag racing on the streets...
If that's all your interested in, then yes you need to trade immediately and should've done your homework b/4 purchasing the S... Besides, it'll save all us insurance costs when/if you wreck...

BTW, Mitsu's economic future doesn't look too bright these days...
Old 07-11-2006, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by s2000nubi,Jul 11 2006, 01:39 PM
I'm going to trade my S for a 2003 Evo by end of this month...I'm tired of being SPANKED by so many cars out there (yes i said it), it's not even funny any more....Yes, the S has great handling, looks better, reliability, etc...But the Evo has speed, handling, safety, braking, etc... (fugly stock but not for long). Looking good in a car goes straight to the trash can when you got smoked...With some light mods, the evo can harness 400 AWHP...that should be sufficient to smoke anything on the street...I'm sure this post has been posted hundreds of time here...this won't be the last...will post pics and info soon...I know alot of S owners had abandoned the S for an AWD turbo.
GLHF!

I think you kinda missed the point when you bought your S.

'Hope you have better luck with the EVO.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whitetiger777,Jul 11 2006, 02:14 PM
I would stay away for Mitsubishi if at all posible. I just sold my 97 Eclipse GSX (all wheel drive, turbo) due to all the inherent problems of the car. The engin in the evo is the same as in the eclipse, the 4G63 engine, but with difforent heads. These engines are subject to crank walk, balence shafts freezing, oil pump shafts freezing, timming blet jumping teeth, a bad clutch... It seemed like something broke every month and cost me at least $500 a month just to keep it going. As for safty, the evo/lancer was rated as one of the worst in crash tests last year. So basicaly you're going to have to sink at least $4,500 into the car just to keep it reliable. I know what you're thinking, that I just had a bad car, but all these problems are very comon. I have two friend that we used to work on our eclipses together, and we all had the smae problems. I agree with the statment up above, go with the WRX STI, they also have the ability to ajust how much power you want in the frount vs the back. This is very usefull for ajusting to difforent situations, or conserving fule untill you race.

Here try this web sight www.dsmtuners.com and see all the problems people are having with the 4g63 engine for yourslef.
please dont talk out of ass. the 4G63 has proved to be one of the most reliable turbo motors built. the evo have very little in common with 2nd gen eclipse. its a little bigger of a diff than the heads. evos dont suffer from crank walk, balance shaft probs of any other of the many problems that the 2nd gens had.

dont take out your frustration on the evo becuase you didnt do you research when buying an eclipse. i thought it was common knowledge, if you want to buy an eclipse you buy a 1st gen.

there are 7 1000whp stock block evo's in the us. there is not not one STi.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:16 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

We can only hope and wish that EVOnubi will be as entertaining to the EVO forums as s2000nubi has been for us here. They deserve to get great laughs and be menaced just as much as we have been here.
s2000nubi has presented us with some of the most DUMBEST posts ever seen here. Have a look here and work your way to the present time:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=S...posts&hl=&st=75
At least now, when you go to jail for street racing, it won't make S2000 owners look bad.

http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/t...er=ZNxdm799IGCA
Old 07-11-2006, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by xviper,Jul 11 2006, 03:16 PM
We can only hope and wish that EVOnubi will be as entertaining to the EVO forums as s2000nubi has been for us here. They deserve to get great laughs and be menaced just as much as we have been here.
s2000nubi has presented us with some of the most DUMBEST posts ever seen here. Have a look here and work your way to the present time:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=S...posts&hl=&st=75
At least now, when you go to jail for street racing, it won't make S2000 owners look bad.

http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/t...er=ZNxdm799IGCA
"XVIPER NAILS IT, BACK, BACK, OVER THE WALL, HOMERUN!!"

Old 07-11-2006, 02:21 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000nubi,Jul 11 2006, 03:39 PM
I'm going to trade my S for a 2003 Evo by end of this month...
So?

Do you make an announcement everytime you go to the bathroom too?

If you want to change to another car for whatever reason, go. No one is stopping you. We keep our cars for our own reasons, and will let them go when the time comes for each of us.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:35 PM

Quick Reply: Going to trade the S for a new EVO