Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

GM quality at its finest

Old 12-28-2006, 10:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

my mom's 80grand range rover caught on fire while she was driving

my dads 80grand cls500 keeps having electrical issues that the dealer cant figure out

i will agree that toyota and honda are more reliable that other carmakers but the GM car bashing in general is unwarranted

when toyota or honda comes out with a rwd, 400hp four door sports sedan, ill start to nitpick
Old 12-28-2006, 10:47 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gomarlins3,Dec 29 2006, 02:24 AM
..and he continues to drive the car even though it doesn't run correctly. Not exactly the smartest thing to do especially when he is recording that he is abusing the car. On Star is your friend.
given the situtation he was in, I'd do the same thing he did (drive the car).

He would have to have the car towed to some local dealership, rent a car, drive 150 miles home, wait, then drive 150 miles back, pick up the car fixed, and then drive back home AGAIN 150 miles. Its not abusing the car when its already screwed.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha
Old 12-29-2006, 03:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Dec 29 2006, 01:47 AM
given the situtation he was in, I'd do the same thing he did (drive the car).

He would have to have the car towed to some local dealership, rent a car, drive 150 miles home, wait, then drive 150 miles back, pick up the car fixed, and then drive back home AGAIN 150 miles. Its not abusing the car when its already screwed.
under warrantee, they'd tow it, give him a courtesy car, and in all likelihood, pay a tech to drive his car to him and pick up the rental when the car was fixed. It wouldn't come out of his pocket at all, and he wouldn't have driven 300 miles in a car that wasn't running right. It would have been a minor hassle at worst. The guy was being a moron and acting like he had no choice. Doesn't say anything good about his judgement.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kumar75150,Dec 29 2006, 01:38 AM
my mom's 80grand range rover caught on fire while she was driving

my dads 80grand cls500 keeps having electrical issues that the dealer cant figure out

i will agree that toyota and honda are more reliable that other carmakers but the GM car bashing in general is unwarranted

when toyota or honda comes out with a rwd, 400hp four door sports sedan, ill start to nitpick
my dad's 7 series BMW has heated seats. They burned a hole through the seat, his coat, and a sweater in a 15 minute drive one day last winter. The dealer gave him a courtesy car, but I think he had go to the dealer with the car. A warning light on the dash for the steering angle sensor is always lighting up, and the dealer is always telling him to wait until another warning light for it comes on somewhere else on the dash before they'll look at it. So you have a warning light the DEALER is saying to ignore. Incompetent German engineering
Old 12-29-2006, 06:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by no_really,Dec 29 2006, 07:54 AM
my dad's 7 series BMW has heated seats. They burned a hole through the seat, his coat, and a sweater in a 15 minute drive one day last winter. The dealer gave him a courtesy car, but I think he had go to the dealer with the car. A warning light on the dash for the steering angle sensor is always lighting up, and the dealer is always telling him to wait until another warning light for it comes on somewhere else on the dash before they'll look at it. So you have a warning light the DEALER is saying to ignore. Incompetent German engineering
Ah yes, Mr. "no_really", the great defender of Detroit Scrap Iron.

Warren
Old 12-29-2006, 06:33 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by no_really,Dec 29 2006, 07:35 AM
under warrantee, they'd tow it, give him a courtesy car, and in all likelihood, pay a tech to drive his car to him and pick up the rental when the car was fixed. It wouldn't come out of his pocket at all, and he wouldn't have driven 300 miles in a car that wasn't running right.
Did you catch the end of the video where he was standing there with his $500 rental car bill when he brought the car into his home dealer? He drove it all the way back, brought it to the dealer he (presumably) bought it from, and STILL paid $500, you think he woulda had better luck at a dealer he hadn't already done business with?
Old 12-29-2006, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the guy is a dork. i'm sure the car was abused...granted the car has something seriously wrong with it. if it was my car i wouldn't have driven it back home...i don't think he deserves a new car...perhaps a big apology and a top quality mechanic to make sure everything is fixed correctly this time.

if my s2000 was sputtering like that i couldn't imagine driving it for another 150 miles in that condition.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:07 AM

"otherwise I stick it on streefire and have like 4 million people watch it...." Tally so far ....4,322 views.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:49 AM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

It's already had this problem 3 times? I'd be pissed too, and I'd drive the POS home too considering no dealerships were open and he was kind of SOL.

I've seen guys rag on Hondas, and they just keep on rolling. I've read of too many cases with GM that I will NEVER buy one. I don't hate them, and I'm not going to rag on them but they'll never get my $.

Quick Reply: GM quality at its finest