Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

GM Quality

Old 07-28-2005, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steven975,Jul 29 2005, 12:17 AM
Honda does a year-end clearance EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

also, they don't have to discount an average of $4500 a vehicle.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:59 PM

I was a strong believer that American cars, note not just GM were junk. I recently got a Caddy CTS-V and I am very happy with this car. Have had several European cars, which started showing problems in the same amount of time I have owned my Caddy so far.

So yes, GM is getting their shit together ... finally.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Lice Locket,Jul 28 2005, 07:40 PM
Doesn't support my claims that they are junk? Ok, let me ask you a question. Why couldn't the GM cars sell that well without the employee discount? Heck, why did they extend that promotion by an additional month! Why didn't people buy their cars without the discount? If you believe that I'm the only person who believe GM cars are junk, then you are the one who needs to do more research. Most people who are on my side dont' need "facts," but if your "facts" say that GM cars are great, why don't you go ahead buy yourself a SSR and an Aveo.
How come Honda can't sell the NSX without a discount? Using your logic it must be junk.

I'm sure their are plenty of people like you who assume that GM is still making the same junk they made 20 years ago. That's nice. You are dumb.

Deal with reality.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:05 AM

Another day, another GM-bashing post in Car Talk...

I'm really curious as to why many S2ki.com posters seem so intent on going out of their way to badmouth GM, Ford, and Daimler Chrysler.

I visit a lot of automotive enthusiast web forums every day - Both import brand and domestic brand alike. Yet I've never seen any other board where members dwell on the percieved shortcomings of domestic brands as much as they do on this board. I'm seriously curious as to why that is... Why is there such an unusually vocal high anti-domestic contingent on an S2000 web forum?

Andrew
Old 07-29-2005, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by aklucsarits,Jul 29 2005, 08:05 AM
Another day, another GM-bashing post in Car Talk...

I'm really curious as to why many S2ki.com posters seem so intent on going out of their way to badmouth GM, Ford, and Daimler Chrysler.
I think it's the unfortunate Honda fanaticism that blinds a lot of people here. People have somehow convinced themselves that their marque is clearly the best one in existence. It feels similar to how Chevy guys are convinced Fords are junk and Ford guys are convinced Chevys are junk. Here we seem to have a bunch of, "Honda guys" who believe no matter what evidence is put in front of them, that if it's not a Honda (even worse, if it's not an import) it's flawed.

I love my S2000 and it happens to be Honda. I loved my Miata which happened to be a Mazda. I just don't consider myself either a Honda or Mazda person, I'd like to think I'm a car person. I wouldn't care if my S2000 or Miata had a Geo badge on it; I'd still love them. It's not a badge I'm driving every day, it's a car. I really don't care who makes it as long as I like it. The perfect car just doesn't exist, every car has its problems. It just seems a little ridiculous how people can convince themselves that any problem with their S2000 can so easily be chalked up to, "character", or they'll say, "It's a focused and limited production car, it comes with the territory". I seriously doubt the same exemptions would be given if GM made the exact same vehicle, it'd just be another poorly thought out piece of domestic junk.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ford and GM

When they stop filling the CEOs and Top Union Officials pockets' and start using that money for product research and development maybe and just maybe they can start taking the market back.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:19 AM

^^^ LOL! Why would you even bring Ford into this thread? Even the suspect data that this thread topic is about makes Ford out to look pretty good compared to GM and DC...

Andrew
Old 07-29-2005, 05:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think both companies suck. They used to produce the top shelve stuff and NOW they are really, really bad. To me GM and Ford are the same comapny!
Old 07-29-2005, 05:35 AM

Plain and simple....Who cares??

We all wanna see what we wanna see and hear what we wanna hear.

This is coming from a Honda fanboi and this place is my home. Maybe you should
be the one to go Home..( you know who you are )
Old 07-29-2005, 05:55 AM

I would like to own ford products in Europe or Australia

Quick Reply: GM Quality