Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

getting tired of the accord

Old 05-02-2006, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting tired of the accord

my previous car was a scion xb and I loved it to death, its not alot of peoples cup of tea, but I loved it and it got more attention than cars 3 times its price.

anyway.

I was driving home from my gfs house and some moron who was high ran a red light and that was the end of the car, and almost the end of me. I reverted back to my 02 accord I had before, which, oddly, has been nothing but problems. nevermind being a dent magenet, and shitty brakes ive replaced 5 or 6 times (rotors and all) and Im on my third tranny. Same issue everytime, some internal fault thats not fixable. honda picked up the tab on the third for the part, but I had to pay 1200 for labor.

back to my original point. Im getting a settlement soon and dont know what to do. I really want to get another xB but im just not sure anymore. my choices are:

used S wish I could fit in an S, dont think I could 6 ft 290, but I never tried
06 xB
06 civic coupe
98 or so integra
06 Yaris
06 Fit (really love the fit)

not sure of what else. any help? I cant stand driving an auto anymore!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:08 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I test drove a GTI and loved it.

Here is a link to when I drove a Fit/Civic/GTI -->>Click

NOTE: I only got to drive the AT version of the Fit/Civic and the DSG GTI. I really didn't like the Fit may be due to the AT.

Not to say bad things about tiny cars like the Fit etc... but it's 2300 lb cars (or whatever) while a GTI weighs 3300 lbs. GTI is more solid and god forbid I'd rather be in a bigger car in the event of a crash.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a Scion TC?
Old 05-03-2006, 06:40 AM

I just drove the Fit the other day while waiting for service at my dealer; it's IMPRESSIVE. It's not going to win any drag races, but the quality of the materials, ride, and overall package were very high. The way the seats fold allows you to 'fit' a tremendous amount of stuff in there. Plus, the front seats recline totally flat to make like a bed, so if you've got your girl in there...... If you're looking for a good commuter car that is pretty fun (the Fit actually is a hoot on a curvy road), I can see no better way to shell out $15k. Seriously, Honda is on a whole other level with economy cars.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:04 AM

Get an S. Go to the dealer to see if you fit. The seats are kind of narrow, which could cause problems.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:22 AM

Get a gym pass

I agree with rai, try a GTI.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

If you love the Scion, get another one. I like my S2000, but I LOVED my old MR2. I sold it because of the high miles but I always miss that car. You may find a car you like but it is hard to find one that makes you smile all the time. If the Scion was it, who gives a sh*t what other people on the board may say about your car choice. You have to drive it every day.

Some of these people think an H2 is cool. If I bought that to get the approval of others I would hate what I drive every day. The XB is not the car for me, but I still think it is neat.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:34 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

After thinking about the Fit, IMO it'd be veryy nice with the 1.8L civic engine. Maybe that will be an option and/or next gen engine.

It was nice enough and I wanted to like it a lot. But didn't think it was sooo much better than any entry level car. I did like the room/packaging for such a small car.

FWIW VW will be bringing over the 5-door GTI (soon I think). So true it does cost more than the Fit. But figure with similar features the Fit about $15K and the GTI about $22K that's a big difference but GTI has (HP/TQ) 200/209 vs the Fit 109/105.

I know the GTI weighs a lot more than the Fit so it's not 2x as fast, but it has good pick-up it's probably as quick or quicker than 90% of the cars on the road. Flip it around 90% of cars are quicker than the Fit.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lose some weight and get a used S.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:43 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

A miata is a very nice ride, can be modded, and can be picked up at a reasonable price. a honda Civic SI is also a great ride and a new one can be had at about 20,000. Also, a stock new civic is a really great ride and can be had for less than $20,000.

Quick Reply: getting tired of the accord