Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

German Grand Prix

Old 07-25-2004, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default German Grand Prix

Congrats to the BAR fans on here. Button drove a hell of a race to take 2nd. Sato grabbed 8. In my opinion Sato is not a very good driver. He makes big mistakes and is way too hard on the equipment.

My man Fernando Alonso pulled out third. He tried to hold off Button but the honda was just too quick.

overall a pretty good race and another dominating performance from MS.

-Steve
Old 07-25-2004, 08:10 AM

Well done to Jenson Button and BAR HONDA! From 12th to 2nd!!

But Kimi Raikkonen was clearly faster than MS, and he could easily be the race winner.

They both had the same trategy, Kimi had a lot more fuel (at least 6 laps over MS), but he was unlucky ....
Old 07-25-2004, 01:43 PM
Banned

Button would have got 1st victory today if he would have started where he qualified(3rd)
NO WAY Kimi beats MS today(god knows how much I LOATE MS)
Sato is an execellent driver...great passing skill, very agressive, VERY technical
He is NOT hard on equipment, equipment just fails
But for some reason..you dont seem to remember him passing 4 drivers in 3 laps???
the reason he lost positions today at end of race, and spun during sencond stint is:
His HANS device failed, and he lost all neck support, and while trying to hold his head up he Spun. Pizzonia got him during usual problems with back markers at end of Race also while trying to hold his head up.
as far as saying TS makes mistakes??? well considering he is only 1.5 yr into his F1 career, and RB is 11 years and JPM is in 4th year... what is todays excuse for them, then??
everyone makes mistakes
all in all a great day
Button gained 8 points on RB for drivers title
and BAR gained 3 points on Renault in Constructors
Old 07-25-2004, 02:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Ferrari is looking over its shoulder - Jenson may become Jetson, and push a few Buttons on MS and that whole Scuderia gang. It would be about time.

Isn't F1 grand? - the guy with the most $'s wins. So inspiring to the rest of us. So much hope for the 3rd world - they envy and want to blame us - blame the ghost of Enzo. Booooooooo!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Road Rage,Jul 25 2004, 05:18 PM
I think Ferrari is looking over its shoulder - Jenson may become Jetson, and push a few Buttons on MS and that whole Scuderia gang. It would be about time.

Isn't F1 grand? - the guy with the most $'s wins. So inspiring to the rest of us. So much hope for the 3rd world - they envy and want to blame us - blame the ghost of Enzo. Booooooooo!!!!!!
RR, your way off
the guy/team with MOST $ finished with a DNF(Dematta) and 14th Panis
450 million budget, and 1000 employees
compared to (qouting NON Honda Believers from earlier this year)
BackMarker BAR Honda with its 450 employees(including 100 engineers from Japan) and its WHOPPING 125 million dollar budget
Ferrari of course has a small budget also.... 425 million
so I agree MS and ferrari are truly starting to fear the RED Rising Sun over his shoulder
Old 07-25-2004, 04:01 PM
CJB

I have a lot of hope for Bar Honda...just fix the consistency of being reliable. Hopefully JB can go P1 before the end of the season. As for TS just a hard nosed driver who push hard to get the best out of his car.

Still a long way before getting to battle the scuderia cars but if Bar Honda continues the way they are it might not be too long before somebody takes the fight to Ferrari like last season with Mclaren and BMW giving some excitement to Ferrari and the sport.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Red_Ohio_Rocket,Jul 25 2004, 03:43 PM
Button would have got 1st victory today if he would have started where he qualified(3rd)
Sato is an execellent driver...great passing skill, very agressive, VERY technical
He is NOT hard on equipment, equipment just fails
But for some reason..you dont seem to remember him passing 4 drivers in 3 laps???
the reason he lost positions today at end of race, and spun during sencond stint is:
His HANS device failed, and he lost all neck support, and while trying to hold his head up he Spun. Pizzonia got him during usual problems with back markers at end of Race also while trying to hold his head up.
as far as saying TS makes mistakes??? well considering he is only 1.5 yr into his F1 career, and RB is 11 years and JPM is in 4th year... what is todays excuse for them, then??
everyone makes mistakes
all in all a great day
Button gained 8 points on RB for drivers title
and BAR gained 3 points on Renault in Constructors
I was going to respond, but your post states everything I was going to say.

Soooo,
Old 07-25-2004, 11:13 PM

What??? Schumacher and Raikkonen were on the same strategy. MS & Kimi had a 3 stop strategy. kimi made his pitstop 1 lap after Shumi, BUT he refueled 3 more seconds than schumi! Than means 24litres more for Kimi raikkonen, and he was able to make his second pit-stop at least 6 laps after MS.

So, how can you say: "NO WAY"?

Not to mention that Kimi was heavier than MS and he could overtake him..

Old 07-25-2004, 11:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red_Ohio_Rocket,Jul 25 2004, 03:43 PM

WTF
How did you come up with that? For what reason you think that Buton would be able to beat MS?
Old 07-26-2004, 05:07 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

One must give credit to Ferrari and Schumacher they are the team to beat. But watch out for Honda and the BAR team because they're coming.

I agree Toyota has the biggest budget and will win one day but on the strenght of their performance so far this year it won't happen soon.

Go B.A.R.

Quick Reply: German Grand Prix