Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Fully content with my cars?

Old Today | 06:10 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
I'm at a good point too and willing to play the long game for a C8 ZR1 and I'm still on the fence on getting a Raptor R or '25 Escalade V. Problem is, I don't need either as during the week I just drive the Silverado 3.0 diesel as my "work truck". It's annoyingly trouble free, squeak/rattle free, and just plain works and is comfy with 24k on the clock in just over a year. It's nice enough on the inside and boring enough on the outside to blend in and let me do work stuff without employees, customers, vendors noticing my bright red TRX or blue Raptor, etc. I used to have. So, I am content at this point and it's a bit frustrating.
I had ordered a Huracan Tecnica a while back. It came in last year, and I was thinking about which Porsche to sell. I couldn’t do it, and declined buying the Huracan at MSRP. The incremental experience didn’t feel worth it to spend a pile of extra money. There would be a great novelty appeal from driving around in a new Huracan, but I worried it would fade quickly. I couldn’t see myself tracking it in place of the GT3 or driving it through whole weekends like the GT2. Cars I still think about as upgrades are the 991 GT2 RS and McLaren 765LT. There’s a chance my 997 GT2 climbs closer in value to those cars over the next few years, but I wouldn’t trade up now.
The following 2 users liked this post by waltk88:
QUIKAG (Today), windhund116 (Today)
Old Today | 07:17 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by waltk88
I had ordered a Huracan Tecnica a while back. It came in last year, and I was thinking about which Porsche to sell. I couldn’t do it, and declined buying the Huracan at MSRP. The incremental experience didn’t feel worth it to spend a pile of extra money. There would be a great novelty appeal from driving around in a new Huracan, but I worried it would fade quickly. I couldn’t see myself tracking it in place of the GT3 or driving it through whole weekends like the GT2. Cars I still think about as upgrades are the 991 GT2 RS and McLaren 765LT. There’s a chance my 997 GT2 climbs closer in value to those cars over the next few years, but I wouldn’t trade up now.
Technica is a machine, but as you said, after the novelty wears off, it's not as streetable as your GT2 or as a trackable as your GT3. Agree on your upgrade choices. McLarens have always intrigued me, but the reliability issues have always kept me away (among other reasons like cost and depreciation). But, they are pretty epic cars. I'd love a 991 GT2 RS. That's another monster of a car that will still feel semi-analog (at least as much as a 991 can). A buddy let me drive his nicely modded 997.2 GT3 and it felt so small, analog, and awesome compared to my former 991.2 GT3. It really was a visceral experience.
The following users liked this post:
waltk88 (Today)
Old Today | 08:05 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
McLarens have always intrigued me, but the reliability issues have always kept me away (among other reasons like cost and depreciation).
McLaren reliability is a concern and depreciation is pretty horrendous. I’d be worried about putting big miles on one and constantly having to take care of problems. I’d take a gamble on the 765LT, though, because it’s such a performance monster. I wouldn’t drive it as much as my GT2, but I think I would actually track it.
The following users liked this post:
QUIKAG (Today)
Old Today | 08:13 AM
Gold Member (Premium)
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by waltk88
Have you ever owned an Audi R8 (V10)? I've been a passenger in one—nice exhaust note, amongst all the other goodies.

Last edited by windhund116; Today at 08:19 AM.