Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Ford GT pics

Old 11-24-2004, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, so we can fap about it making 400hp per liter, or something like that.

Never mind that a simple change of a pulley will yield huge gains, as it does with the 03 cobras.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:31 PM
i 4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a beast.. the price is nice considering that it outhandles and outruns the 360 modena.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:04 PM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

It's older brother gave Enzo and the gang $*it fits way back when. . . we'll just wait and see.

Anyone know (or better yet, have a link) to Ford's racing support for this thing?
Old 11-24-2004, 07:18 PM

Ford is scaling back their racing efforts right now with the sale of their Rally team and F! team if I remember correctly. I believe they've also dumped their Indy program. I can't see where they'd campaign the likes of the Ford GT unless it was in the ALMS series, and they'd have a TOUGH time bumping against the established Corvettes.

I always said if they came out with a GT40 replacement I'd buy it, and I need to make good on that.... just can't do it for a few years yet.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:25 PM

Fugly.

I guess if I was in a hurry to go in a straight line and had the taste of a toad I'd like this car. But I hate straight lines and much prefer the lines of a sensuous roadster (like the s2k).

I'm just sayin'....
Old 11-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Banned

Ford isn't going to campaign this GT as a racecar. They have already said they made their point with the original, the new GT is solely for the road, for enthusiasts.

You don't have to like it, but it is pretty hard to deny the presence of one of the most potent supercars on the planet. Power output is limited only by owner trepidation, and repairs won't cost more than your beater. The Enzo is pretty cool, as is every Ferrari, but Ferrari makes this kind of car every year. The fact that someone was willing to pay a huge premium to get one is a testament to the car, but it pisses me off, since I was hoping to whittle the dealer down to ~75% of MSRP, financing 90% :/
Old 11-24-2004, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by MyBad,Nov 24 2004, 11:25 PM
Fugly.

I guess if I was in a hurry to go in a straight line and had the taste of a toad I'd like this car. But I hate straight lines and much prefer the lines of a sensuous roadster (like the s2k).

I'm just sayin'....
You do realize, that the GT40 was built to take on LeMans. And to my recollection, that track does a very poor impression of a dragstrip. I have no reason to doubt that this iteration is not just as capable on the same kind of circuits.

In case you didn't realize it, mid-engine cars tend to do quite poorly at the dragstrip. They are, however, quite the setup for the track. Which is why the GT Protypes, Indy Cars, and all manner of purpose built racing cars use that setup.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MyBad,Nov 24 2004, 10:25 PM
Fugly.

I'm just sayin'....
this thing will run circles around any car you will ever own
Old 11-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MyBad,Nov 24 2004, 08:25 PM
Fugly.

I'm just sayin'....
Obviously, this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, because the Ford GT is not only fast on the straights, but...

However, I still don't find its shape very appealing, despite the fact that its performance is awesome, straight and turns.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:48 PM

Looks like a camaro, only uglier.....

Quick Reply: Ford GT pics