Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Focus ST Thoughts

Old 12-03-2013, 10:08 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Its heartening to hear all this pro Ford, pro ST talk on a Honda forum. S2ki is the best. It probably stems from the fact that we all enjoy such a standout vehicle from a manufacturer not known for producing sports cars. Limbo, pics of the Fiesta?

This thread is seriously pushing me closer to the ST. Need to avoid another test drive at least for a couple more weeks.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Well, the S is fantastically built car; so, we as S owners recognize cars that are worth a look. It's great being part of a group of real car enthusiasts.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marioshi
Its heartening to hear all this pro Ford, pro ST talk on a Honda forum. S2ki is the best.
Most (but not all) posters in Car Talk are real car enthusiasts and can appreciate cars from all makes.

I would always say that the only American car that I would want to own is a Vette. This is still true to some extent mostly because I like sports cars but I wouldn't dismiss any new car from the big 3. All have stepped it up tremendously in the past few years.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Presto123
Originally Posted by Marioshi' timestamp='1386097708' post='22905439
Its heartening to hear all this pro Ford, pro ST talk on a Honda forum. S2ki is the best.
Most (but not all) posters in Car Talk are real car enthusiasts and can appreciate cars from all makes.

I would always say that the only American car that I would want to own is a Vette. This is still true to some extent mostly because I like sports cars but I wouldn't dismiss any new car from the big 3. All have stepped it up tremendously in the past few years.
I agree on the Vette. I would take the Tesla Model S P85+ in a heartbeat if I was made of money.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Marioshi
Its heartening to hear all this pro Ford, pro ST talk on a Honda forum. S2ki is the best. It probably stems from the fact that we all enjoy such a standout vehicle from a manufacturer not known for producing sports cars. Limbo, pics of the Fiesta?

This thread is seriously pushing me closer to the ST. Need to avoid another test drive at least for a couple more weeks.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

I like it, it looks like fun and most of the press has been extremely positive.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:01 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteflash
Originally Posted by rob-2' timestamp='1386092649' post='22905309

I wouldn't buy it not because of a lack of seat time but because it's a Ford Focus. Features or not it's still a Ford and I cannot stand the design aspects.
Rob as a historically hater of all things Ford myself, if you find yourself with time to kill, consider taking one out for a spin for shits and giggles sometime. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised with the direction they're going.

Ford has been putting out great products for about a decade now if you ask me.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:18 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

How many have you bought?
Old 12-03-2013, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by JonBoy
How many have you bought?
Haha Dig.

All I have to say is, I think I need to drive one so when I talk to people about cars, I have a better idea of what a brand new turbo FWD car can do. I've driven a 2010 JCW Mini with some Koni SA shocks and swaybars and it was nice.

This weekend I'm going to be an AutoX instructor at my local SCCA driving school. Hopefully I get some cool cars assigned to me. I think there is one ST signed up. We typically drive the student's car for one run to show them the line at our 80% "if they want"
Old 12-04-2013, 05:09 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteflash

I wouldn't buy it not because of a lack of seat time but because it's a Ford Focus. Features or not it's still a Ford and I cannot stand the design aspects.
Rob as a historically hater of all things Ford myself, if you find yourself with time to kill, consider taking one out for a spin for shits and giggles sometime. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised with the direction they're going.
How well you know me. Oddly Ford would be the one domestic I would consider buying.

I always find I love the exterior design and then dislike the interiors.

Originally Posted by s.hasan546
[quote name='Marioshi' timestamp='1386090280' post='22905236']
[quote name='SimoGver08' timestamp='1386089338' post='22905212']
I had an Si and liked it even though it was still Civic because the regular Civic is a decent car.
This is very well put.

The compact class is undergoing a transformation in my opinion. The lines are starting to blur as what makes a car "nice" in America. It used to be that a compact car was cheap and cheap for a reason. There was no such thing as a nice compact but the field is so diverse that some manufacturers are making compacts that span the gamut. The new Mazda3 is a good example. Pricing starts at $17,000 but spans all the way to $30,000+ and while that might seem insane the level of luxury features and sophistication of the chassis is comparable with entry level luxury cars at similar or higher price points.

IMO when people say "but it's a Focus" it makes me think they haven't spent any seat time in a new Focus.
[/quote]

Wow... Talk about brand loyalty/hate. People say the same thing about your honda. They say they wouldn't buy it bc it's a honda. They can't stand how shitty the design is. How slow they are, how boring they are to drive; etc.
[/quote]

While it might be moot I wouldn't just buy any Honda or Toyota. There are many models and configurations I just don't like.

Quick Reply: Focus ST Thoughts