Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Fit Vs C6

Old 05-18-2008, 07:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's ludicrous to suggest you can't enjoy sports car performance on public streets. You don't have to take a car to the limits or risk others' safety to enjoy sports cars. One of the things I like about my Cayman S is that I can enjoy the controls feel and sound even just cruising along, and can get mid-high 20's fuel economy if I'm light on the gas.

Adding an economy car just for gas savings would be stupid - extra maint, ins., depreciation, cleaning, etc...but my wife does have a Jetta TDI for when we go places together.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never said I agreed with him so please refrain from putting words which never existed into my posts. Thanks

I buy my cars and motorcycles for toys. I don't care what its usage costs are because I can afford them. Basically, in economic terms, I don't give a shit because I have money I have no dog in this fight.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ,May 18 2008, 06:50 AM
You're just as stupid. "If you don't like our country, then you can just git the hell out!!"

JohnnyChang isn't against sports cars, if you can parse through his text. He's against driving them on public roads. He seems to like driving them on the track where their performance actually matters as opposed to showing off stop light to stop light. Fair assessment. If you people would bother to read what he's saying instead of picking out a few choice statements and projecting, you'd be a lot better off.

His initial post in this thread was the best and totally worth perusing through all this tripe

By the way, making fun of a non-native speaker's English. Awesome
1st. Let me be clear here. The man was getting on America for faults he claims this country to have.

2nd. I did not say "then you can just git the hell out!!" I actually said, "if you don't like America, then move". An observational opinion based upon his clear distaste for America and how American's conduct themselves. He's clearly here by choice, not by circumstance. P.S. even if I did, sorry for being patriotic his posts drip with his distaste for the country I pride myself on living in.

3rd. I understand the fact that he thinks they should be driven on a track, but he made quite a general statement to the tone of "if you drive a corvette on the road any faster than the speed limit your only goal is to impress people" . I guess thats his intention with his honda . His own observation doesn't apply to everyone, and that seems to be his assessment. He also makes a bold statement in calling a car "junky" where he has no bearing in which to do so, and states that you should be driving an Enzo instead, as that would apparently make it OK to do exactly what hes getting on corvette drivers for doing (since he's met all of them)and that makes him to me, a hypocrite.

4th. I never called him stupid. I merely called him a hypocrite. So thanks.

5th. I'm the offspring of a non native speaker of English. My mother is Korean and is not perfectly fluent in the English language so I know what its like to see someone get badgered by not being able to be perfectly fluent in the most hacked language in the world. I was not making fun of his inablilty to speak English, however the manner in which he is quick to generalize the place in which he lives based upon his experience on ONE of FIFTY states and how that relates to the fact that he indeed does sound contextually like Khan from King of the Hill. Sorry if that offends, but if you can't take it don't dish it out (referring to his colorful opinions on America and the English language) .
Old 05-18-2008, 01:26 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ruexp67,May 18 2008, 11:12 AM
So, in economic terms, he is suggesting (and you are agreeing with) the idea of buying a sports car (let's use a loaded C6 coupe for example) for $57,000. The only driving it on the track and not driving it on the street at all. Instead buying a Honda Fit, for say $16,000 and driving that on the street.

So let's say a C6 gets a combined mileage of 18MPG over 15,000mi in a year.
Let's say a Fit gets a combined milage of 28MPG over 15,000mi in a year.

Let's assume the C6 uses premium fuel at $4.25 /gal and the Fit uses regular at $4.00 /gal.

So operational costs for the C6 for the year will be: $3542
Operational Costs for the Fit for the year will be: $2143

That's a difference of $1399 a year in gas savings. Which means in terms of gas savings it will take 11.5 years to recoupe the cost of buying the Fit in the first place.

Of course, that doesn't take into account the costs of insuring two cars (instead of one.) Maintence costs of two cars (instead of one.) I am sure that would EASILY surpass the $1399 a year.

But even forgoing those costs, it's still "ONLY" $117 a month.

Put another way, the gas costs of the C6 vs the Fit would equate to $117 a month. If you go to Starbucks every WORK day of the month and buy a coffee, you will spend $117 a month.

BTW -- I do take my C6 to the track to enjoy it's performance in a more controlled enviornment. I also drive it on the street and enjoy what performance I will allow myself to explore in that environment. I also drive FAR less than 15,000mi a year since I use public transportation to commute (which is MUCH more environmentally friendly, and economically sound, than another car.) AND, I don't drink coffee, so I save the $117 by not ever going to Starbucks.
Even if you had two cars, I doubt you'd drive 30k a year. Maybe half the mileage.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:52 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT,May 18 2008, 03:26 PM
Even if you had two cars, I doubt you'd drive 30k a year. Maybe half the mileage.
Read it again, 15K in one VS. 15K in the other.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:55 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bboy AJ,May 18 2008, 10:47 AM
I never said I agreed with him
JohnnyChang isn't against sports cars, if you can parse through his text. He's against driving them on public roads. He seems to like driving them on the track where their performance actually matters as opposed to showing off stop light to stop light. Fair assessment.
Sounds like agreement to me. Sorry if I misinterpreted your post, but that was my understanding from this comment.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:19 PM

Wow, this turned out to be one helluva thread.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:35 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeJewler,May 18 2008, 03:19 PM
Wow, this turned out to be one helluva thread.
In spades.

No response from johnny chang yet, looks like this thread is reaching its end.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:03 PM

C'mon JohnnyChang, I need you to reply to this. I can't get through my day until I read your reply.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:15 AM

JohnnyChang has made this thread epic. I also loves how he's been asking if any dealers are trying selling a GTR near MSRP. Maybe he wants to buy it so he can get laughed at by Fit owners.

Quick Reply: Fit Vs C6