Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Fit Vs C6

Old 05-12-2008, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fit Vs C6

I've said it before around here, I call people out who make really stupid comments. I found this one today on the Fit forums:

"that is the one thing that shuts people up now is gas mileage. the other day another one of the doctors that i work with who drives a c6 corvette came in and told me that he parked next to my match box car, he then laughed and giggled about how i drove a chick car.

i then told him lets start at the beginning of lime creek road (one of the twistiest and fun to drive roads in the austin area, when your charging at a good 55-60 mph its a good 9 to 10 minutes of curve after curve with alot of crazy elevation changes) and race to the nearest gas station, i will bet you 100 bucks you will kill me on the straights, but i will either keep up with you or completely crush you on the curves, and when we get to the gas station i wont have to fill up. after i said that he didnt say a word .

in this day and age i dont think there is any thing better than being able to keep up with cars that arent any where near our class on the curves and knowing that when all the fun is done that we more than likely wont have to gas up.

"

And yes, I told the guy that I was actually embarrassed for him.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:22 PM

WTF
Old 05-12-2008, 01:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you ever driven a fit?

from first hand experience, while it sounds crazy as hell, fits can out handle most cars, esp long cars like the c6, is switchback twisties. you oughta be embarrassed for yourself by not doing the research and simply going off of retarded generalizations.

fyi, i dont own a fit.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by dyhppy,May 12 2008, 01:37 PM
have you ever driven a fit?

from first hand experience, while it sounds crazy as hell, fits can out handle most cars, esp long cars like the c6, is switchback twisties. you oughta be embarrassed for yourself by not doing the research and simply going off of retarded generalizations.

fyi, i dont own a fit.
I'm not saying the Fit can't handle, it can, but the C6 is not a long car. Its actually 2 inches shorter then the current civic. Maybe "you oughta be embarrassed for yourself by not doing the research and simply going off of retarded generalizations."
Old 05-12-2008, 01:43 PM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Maybe Darwin was wrong. Idiots continue to exist and multiply.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:52 PM

[QUOTE=dyhppy,May 12 2008, 01:37 PM] have you ever driven a fit?

from first hand experience, while it sounds crazy as hell, fits can out handle most cars, esp long cars like the c6, is switchback twisties.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

then i guess u just dont know what u have because i've seen it happen in reality.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:58 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

The only way a Fit would stick with the C6 Z06 is if the driver in the Vette didn't have a clue how to drive (or the cajones to actually use the available performance)...

The Fit's a great little car for its class but it won't outhandle or outgrip or outbrake or outcorner any serious sports car. That Fit owner was obviously thinking about the slalom speed of the Fit being higher than the Z06 and somehow felt that he could extract the same performance and (more ignorantly) that it had anything to do with driving on curvy roads in real world conditions.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:02 PM

The fit is an awesome car, no doubt about that. Ive seen it rule autocrosses, but to even compare its handling ability to a C6....

A fit cant even reach the speeds that the C6 can take a turn in.

I always thought people bought the fit because of its great fuel economy and fun factor, I didnt know people considered it a sports car that can keep up with a C6.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by JonBoy,May 12 2008, 01:58 PM
The only way a Fit would stick with the C6 Z06 is if the driver in the Vette didn't have a clue how to drive (or the cajones to actually use the available performance)...

The Fit's a great little car for its class but it won't outhandle or outgrip or outbrake or outcorner any serious sports car. That Fit owner was obviously thinking about the slalom speed of the Fit being higher than the Z06 and somehow felt that he could extract the same performance and (more ignorantly) that it had anything to do with driving on curvy roads in real world conditions.
I think we are talking about the base C6. But either way

Quick Reply: Fit Vs C6